Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
There you go, however didn't record sound for some reason so i added music.

Man, does that kid have a good shot, and every time I see him it looks like he's better figuring out how to use his size to protect the puck. Great to see him get off to a strong start this year after his hot finish last season.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Wow! Cannot wait for this guy to play for us next year! 2 goals 1 assist first game! Going to be a total stud.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
He looked like more complete player. Faster, stronger and more hustling for the pucks. Decision making has improved alot based on this first game. Also, has he grown abit more? Looked like taller to me :laugh:

Anyways, im so excited. Armia is one hell of a player and very exciting - something that we Finns dont see very often from our players. I was abit worried if he would make it in the NHL and still have but its looking promising right now.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He looked like more complete player. Faster, stronger and more hustling for the pucks. Decision making has improved alot based on this first game. Also, has he grown abit more? Looked like taller to me :laugh:

Anyways, im so excited. Armia is one hell of a player and very exciting - something that we Finns dont see very often from our players. I was abit worried if he would make it in the NHL and still have but its looking promising right now.

I was worried about his NHL chances aswell but now he looks like clear NHL player in the future. i stated that if he makes into NHL he is potential 35-40 goal scorer in his prime well he can be better than that especially when Grigorenko is feeding him. I expect him to score most goals in FEL this season.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Gave a nice assist to the first (and winning) goal on the powerplay, showed some sick dekes and overall had a good game being dangerous and physical.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Scored a goal on a 2on1 today to tie it 1-1 early in the second in a 4-1-win against HPK. Like always in his good games showed of some nice dekes and was dangerous constantly especially after the goal.

Was a nice bounce back after the game Ässät lost 6-0 on Wednesday in which the whole team was crap.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Scored a goal on a 2on1 today to tie it 1-1 early in the second in a 4-1-win against HPK. Like always in his good games showed of some nice dekes and was dangerous constantly especially after the goal.

Was a nice bounce back after the game Ässät lost 6-0 on Wednesday in which the whole team was crap.

Very relieving to hear he had a good bounce back game. Seems like an indication that he's matured a bit in terms of being able to put a bad game behind him and not get himself in to prolonged slumps.

The Soft Parade

Feb 26, 2012
Armia is incredibly talented scorer with a big body and a nose for the net. He has a certain kind of swagger to his game, like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Malkin. Actually he's pretty similar to Malkin, not as a player but as playing style and personality. Makes scoring look so effortless. When Armia is on it's very hard for denceman to stop him. Like Malkin, he's not the most vocal guy (based on interviews), but when he's on the ice he's definitely not shy.

When you think about it, 2 Finn gems of the recent drafts Granlund-Armia relationship is pretty similar with Crosby-Malkin. Granlund is the golden boy of Finnish media, perfectly clean image, small playmaker (well Crosby is not small and an elite goal scorer now), had a concussion, won international gold, scored THE goal at the semi-finals in 2011 WC (Crosby golden goal @ Vancouver), while Armia is less talked about, maybe even more naturally gifted, bigger frame, kinda incostistent, executes when the stakes are high (2012 WJC - Malkin Conn Smythe) and plays with swagger and is more quiet off-ice. Some points maybe a bit too far off, but I hope you see what I mean. Just some personal observation.

Last edited:

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
Armia is incredibly talented scorer with a big body and a nose for the net. He has a certain kind of swagger to his game, like Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Malkin. Actually he's pretty similar to Malkin, not as a player but as playing style and personality. Makes scoring look so effortless. When Armia is on it's very hard for denceman to stop him. Like Malkin, he's not the most vocal guy (based on interviews), but when he's on the ice he's definitely not shy.

When you think about it, 2 Finn gems of 2011 draft Granlund-Armia relationship is pretty similar with Crosby-Malkin. Granlund is the golden boy of Finnish media, perfectly clean image, small playmaker (well Crosby is not small and an elite goal scorer now), had a concussion, won international gold, scored THE goal at the semi-finals in 2011 WC (Crosby golden goal @ Vancouver), while Armia is less talked about, maybe even more naturally gifted, bigger frame, kinda incostistent, executes when the stakes are high (2012 WJC - Malkin Conn Smythe) and plays with swagger and is more quiet off-ice. Some points maybe a bit too far off, but I hope you see what I mean. Just some personal observation.

Mikael is a 2010 draftee.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
So glad he is playing well in the beginning portion of the year in comparison to last year when it took him quite awhile to get going. Looking forward to watching him for the rest of the season, while there is a lockout at least. Hoping for him to increase his point totals from the last 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad