Joel Armia - Ässät, SM-liiga

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
I love this! Not long ago we were desperate because Finland wasn't producing any good youngsters and now all of a sudden we have bunch of kids doing great in men's games; Armia, Granlund, Pulkkinen, Rajala, Rask, Vatanen... but wait! Is that a good thing? Or does it just mean that SM-liiga sucks?

It means we are finally starting to produce some great talent. Just look at some of the players on this list. Pulkkinen, Granlund and Vatanen are all already better than most of the guys that have won the rookie of the year award in the past ten years were or will ever be. Then there are guys like Rajala, Rask and Armia (who for example completely outplayed Kamil Kreps in last tuesday's game Ässät-Kärpät). So, long story short; Looking good.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

When can we start hyping Rasmus Ristolainen?

He's a 2013 Eligible (he's 15 right now) who's already in the U20 league...

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
It means we are finally starting to produce some great talent. Just look at some of the players on this list. Pulkkinen, Granlund and Vatanen are all already better than most of the guys that have won the rookie of the year award in the past ten years were or will ever be.

Very OT but... 2004-2005 Rookie of the Year: SIMO VIDGREN! I completely forgot that, even though he was playing in Ilves :help::laugh: Well, he's career ended pretty quickly. Goddammit that was sad. Was there really no better young talent in the league at the time?!

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
I know that Kokkonen is big and he was MVP of the Pohjola camp but he's not that promising anymore.

The potential is still there. He has got a lot of cm in a short time, which affects to his balance etc. We will here a lot from this youngster in the future.

Tomi Wilenius has also shown more promises than expected in the national team and he could be a surprise player in the forthcoming tournaments.

FrankTheTank

Jun 1, 2010
The potential is still there. He has got a lot of cm in a short time, which affects to his balance etc. We will here a lot from this youngster in the future.

So I assume that you're seen him playing a lot? Could you tell me what is his strengths and weaknesses? I only did my opinions looking stats (which is always dangerous).

Also I would want to know what is Armia's strengths and weaknesses. I know he is pure scorer but what about skating and roughness?

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Great to see Armia doing so good in the FEL. :handclap:
Oh and is it just me or is Armia the coolest name ever? =)

Latex*

Great to see Armia doing so good in the FEL. :handclap:
Oh and is it just me or is Armia the coolest name ever? =)

Oh, i love it also

but Teuvo Teräväinen sounds even cooler for me (evn tho he's a Jokerit prospect)

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Very OT but... 2004-2005 Rookie of the Year: SIMO VIDGREN! I completely forgot that, even though he was playing in Ilves :help::laugh: Well, he's career ended pretty quickly. Goddammit that was sad. Was there really no better young talent in the league at the time?!
That was the lockout season. There were simply no spots for the rookies then.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Joel armia with another goal, now on the powerplay. Now 4+4 in his last 5 games.

Gabranth

#19 #88
Apr 2, 2009
Finland
He looks VERY GOOD. He's playing in the 1st line now, i guess he started in the 3rd line, but got promoted quickly.... and he's only 17.

Also, finally a guy who isn't little unlike ( Granlund or Pulkkinen) According to EliteProspects, He is 6'3 187 lbs ^^

Latex*

Uh...I think i'm in love :bow: :innocent:

And in my 2nd favourite team, love you Ässät

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
He looks VERY GOOD. He's playing in the 1st line now, i guess he started in the 3rd line, but got promoted quickly.... and he's only 17.

Also, finally a guy who isn't little unlike ( Granlund or Pulkkinen) According to EliteProspects, He is 6'3 187 lbs ^^
Well after the HIFK-match and his first goal/point he got promoted and since then has played on the first line and it's been good.

Plus with another cm he will be 6'4, then 20 pounds more muscle and voila.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Unlike Granlund or Pulkkinen. I don't think there are many players that are 5'9 and made it to the NHL, Granlund will fail and will go to KHL....

Neither Granlund and Pulkkinen are 5'9, both are atleast 5'10 (178 cm). I guess you also haven't heard of Theo Fleury and more currently Brian Gionta (170 cm)?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00