Prospect Info: Jimmy Vesey (Harvard University, 2012 66th overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Geez, we're sounding like the insecure girlfriend. "I know he's gonna leave me. I'm not good enough, no matter what he tells me know. He'll leave me, just like all the others."

Seems like a quality kid with his head on straight. It's the loyalty line that has me believing him. Plus I believe we'll be in the playoffs come April with a legit shot at the Cup. Why wouldn't he want to come and play here. We're a hotty.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Geez, we're sounding like the insecure girlfriend. "I know he's gonna leave me. I'm not good enough, no matter what he tells me know. He'll leave me, just like all the others."

Seems like a quality kid with his head on straight. It's the loyalty line that has me believing him. Plus I believe we'll be in the playoffs come April with a legit shot at the Cup. Why wouldn't he want to come and play here. We're a hotty.

Because he could go to Chicago and play with Toews and Kane. I'm sure they would love to get another ELC level player next year to assist with their cap situation.

BTW, this is only a reason as to why he may not want to.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Because he could go to Chicago and play with Toews and Kane. I'm sure they would love to get another ELC level player next year to assist with their cap situation.

BTW, this is only a reason as to why he may not want to.

so, go to Chicago, where Toews and Kane will hog all the ice time and the points, and be forever stuck on a third line, and hope to get a Victor Stalberg type deal when you become a UFA, or come to Nashville, outplay an inconsistent Colin Wilson, and crack the top 6 and make some real money...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
so, go to Chicago, where Toews and Kane will hog all the ice time and the points, and be forever stuck on a third line, and hope to get a Victor Stalberg type deal when you become a UFA, or come to Nashville, outplay an inconsistent Colin Wilson, and crack the top 6 and make some real money...

That was just a thought as to why he may want to go there. And Toews/Kane are just 2 of the top 6 slots. If he were on a line with either of them he would benefit by receiving some of their points by way of assists/goals.

Someone asked why would he not want to come here...I just tried to think of a reason. Playing for a proven strong playoff team with players with that skill level on it and a strong shot at the cup could be a reason why he would not want to be here as we are not a strong playoff team. That is just speculation though and the truth is there could be thousands of reasons why he may not want to be here, I was just trying to name something.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You know at some point there are going to have to be some decisions made. Moses, Faila, Vesy, Aberg, Neal, Forsberg all have a chance to play top 6 in the league I the next 3 years. Granted a couple will falter and be bottom 6 or gone. But when in the teams history has such a group of young wings been this lose. Typically it has been 1 or none per year. Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out but One of Watson or Borque Nystrom could be gone day 1 of the season. And for those that would propose these guys play on the 4th well that's not gonna happen they will keep Watson on Gaustads wing before just pissing one of the others away on the 4th with 6 minutes a night.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
You know at some point there are going to have to be some decisions made. Moses, Faila, Vesy, Aberg, Neal, Forsberg all have a chance to play top 6 in the league I the next 3 years. Granted a couple will falter and be bottom 6 or gone. But when in the teams history has such a group of young wings been this lose. Typically it has been 1 or none per year. Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out but One of Watson or Borque Nystrom could be gone day 1 of the season. And for those that would propose these guys play on the 4th well that's not gonna happen they will keep Watson on Gaustads wing before just pissing one of the others away on the 4th with 6 minutes a night.

You read my mind. I was just sitting here naming guys that could be top 6 players and there are quite a few. In reality we have at most 2 openings for the top 6 and that's assuming Smith and Wilson aren't given long extensions. You could make another scoring line, but the fact is if these young guys develop (Moses, Aberg, Fiala, Arviddson, Vessey) then somebody is getting moved.

That's not mentioning guys like Watson, Salomaki, or Sissons that are bottom 6 ready.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
You read my mind. I was just sitting here naming guys that could be top 6 players and there are quite a few. In reality we have at most 2 openings for the top 6 and that's assuming Smith and Wilson aren't given long extensions. You could make another scoring line, but the fact is if these young guys develop (Moses, Aberg, Fiala, Arviddson, Vessey) then somebody is getting moved.

That's not mentioning guys like Watson, Salomaki, or Sissons that are bottom 6 ready.

Yeah, we need future centermans. We are stacked on the wings but we have no centers who could jump in the Nhl in a year or two.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Yeah, we need future centermans. We are stacked on the wings but we have no centers who could jump in the Nhl in a year or two.

This where you move Smith Wilson and one of these wing prospects and perhaps Jones. While we may not like the idea this team looks more and more ready for a rebuild in center depth and defenses depth.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

May be time to trade a proven top 6 winger for a future prospect who has a shot at top 6 center. I'm not talking about trading for a Strome...I'm thinking a guy who has some developing to do.

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
Well, I accidentally mispronounced Vesey's name right in front of him so if he doesn't sign here I guess you guys can blame me. :(

Seriously though, the kid has talent. He really stood out at camp.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, I accidentally mispronounced Vesey's name right in front of him so if he doesn't sign here I guess you guys can blame me. :(

Seriously though, the kid has talent. He really stood out at camp.

What is the correct pronunciation?

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The one thing that could put a wrench into all this hand-wringing is a little cross-check by a Hockey East opponent, or a broken hand on an attempted blocked shot against Cornell.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but our chance of signing him increases if he gets hurt or the Crimson tank.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The one thing that could put a wrench into all this hand-wringing is a little cross-check by a Hockey East opponent, or a broken hand on an attempted blocked shot against Cornell.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but our chance of signing him increases if he gets hurt or the Crimson tank.
If he gets hurt then he probably won't be as valuable to anyone including Nashville. Today was he last day as a Predator correct.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So there is hope. I mean surely if he didn't want to be here he wouldn't do this right?

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
So there is hope. I mean surely if he didn't want to be here he wouldn't do this right?

I'm afraid we've been "Sutered" and "Radzed" to the point where we wouldn't know a stand-up guy if he bowed before us.

Vesey may be a true choir-boy with honest intentions and honorable loyalty to the team that drafted and helped develop him.

But like Charlie Brown being asked by Lucy to once again kick the football while she holds it, we're convinced we'll end up on our backs staring at the stars.

Jimmy Vesey will be playing on the 3rd line in the 1st Round of the playoffs next year. Mark it down.

"Lucy, watch me kick this 40 yarder .............."

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'm not sure why Justin is being smug there...being a good person doesn't necessarily correlate with signing with the team that drafted you. The team likely asked if anyone could\wanted to help and he said yes. To read further into it is just as ridiculous as the people that think by not signing this spring that he's definitely gone.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm not sure why Justin is being smug there...being a good person doesn't necessarily correlate with signing with the team that drafted you. The team likely asked if anyone could\wanted to help and he said yes. To read further into it is just as ridiculous as the people that think by not signing this spring that he's definitely gone.
Legwand never wanted to be here according to half the media and fans. We have some of the weakest hockey writers around.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm afraid we've been "Sutered" and "Radzed" to the point where we wouldn't know a stand-up guy if he bowed before us.

Vesey may be a true choir-boy with honest intentions and honorable loyalty to the team that drafted and helped develop him.

But like Charlie Brown being asked by Lucy to once again kick the football while she holds it, we're convinced we'll end up on our backs staring at the stars.

Jimmy Vesey will be playing on the 3rd line in the 1st Round of the playoffs next year. Mark it down.

"Lucy, watch me kick this 40 yarder .............."
Agents and the players union do not want their players signing with their drafted teams. They are trying to use the loophole as a way to bypass the draft. I trust Vesey for now but when his agent and the union gets in his ear things will change. In the end there is zero reason to think he's going to be a Nashville Predator. Too many examples of kids going UFA after college. Until this rule is addressed expect this to become a normal thing.

Last edited:

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
Agents and the players union do not want their players signing with their drafted teams. They are trying to use the loophole as a way to bypass the draft. I trust Vesey for now but when his agent and the union gets in his ear things will change. In the end there is zero reason to think he's going to be a Nashville Predator. Too many examples of kids going UFA after college. Until this rule is addressed expect this to become a normal thing.

I think more than anything it is going to be about playing time/role and competitiveness of the team. To say zero is a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad