Jimmy Vesey (going to the Rangers)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Cue the "he's gonna suck, anyway" tweets/posts, etc from fans of non-NYR fan bases that 10 mins ago were "yeah we want Vesey!"

He wouldn't have even cracked our roster anyway! :sarcasm:

But eh, oh well. Disappointed we didn't land him, as he was a zero risk, high reward guy for two years, aka exactly what we need, but don't think anyone was making the claim that he was the make or break guy for our team for a deep playoff run.

Probably would've been better off with him, but not disasterous without him. And hey, he spurned a Central rival in the process, so did us at least one favor.

With no Vesey, do you guys feel that Motte is now the favorite for the LW spot on the Toews line? I have him in a keeper league, would love to see him get that shot.

The truth is, Hawks need a power forward and Vesey seemed a great fit. I call it the Hayes curse.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Ah yes the ole hayes troubles. Or how Steeger and signing Richards helped that 2nd line work to legit win a cup.

the twitter folks antagonizing with rage forwarded through Hawks writers is funny

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Funny to think that we could have both K. Hayes and Vesey in our line-up right now, playing together.

I don't mind this, but a bit dissappointed. Just a bit, more glad that saga is now over.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Oh well. Time to sign Hudler and move on.

No performance bonuses to worry about.

Can't wait to see how some village idiots react and blam Stan!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hayes tweet. I cant stand that guy and find it annoying they had a photoshopped pic ready to go when people been waiting days.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Funny to think that we could have both K. Hayes and Vesey in our line-up right now, playing together.

I don't mind this, but a bit dissappointed. Just a bit, more glad that saga is now over.

No we couldnt because his brother/friends were too garbage to play for the Hawks. He's more worried about that than winning or maximizing earnings potential.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Whatever. Would have been nice to get him, but oh well.

When it comes to 23-year-old free agent pickups, Panarin >>>>>>>>>>>> Vesey.

Now to focus on rounding out the roster and also locking down Panarin.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Perhaps ... but it is puzzling if this was indeed a hockey decision, which I don't believe for a second.

He signed with a team that is on the down turn but has his best friend. Obviously NYC has some appeal but if this was based on hockey he signs with the Hawks or even Buff.

I think people will be surprised with Motte and Schmaltz.

Hudler would be a good signing for the Hawks as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well this was disappointing

Must say Stanley's failure to find a quality top 9 LW looks brutal at this point

Hawks appear set to be a one line team once again sadly

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hudler is not the PF we need. If Stan can't get something done, I can see Hossa staying in the top 6 with Toews and a rookie.

Hudler is a season removed from scoring 30 goals alongside mini-Toews and mini-Kane in Calgary. He'd fit fine, and he'd likely come cheap.

The Blackhawks need top-six production. Whether that comes from a power forward a la Saad or a pure sniper a la Sharp (or Hudler, the poor man's Sharp) doesn't really matter. The means isn't as important as the result.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Well this was disappointing

Must say Stanley's failure to find a quality top 9 LW looks brutal at this point

Hawks appear set to be a one line team once again sadly

LOL you resting an entire season on some 23 year old college LW. It's not that big of a deal man. Stinks that Hayes stings us again, but other than that, oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad