Prospect Info: Jimmy Snuggerud, 23rd Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He's on the first line tonight against Michigan. Looks like he has 8 goals in his last 10 games. Not bad. Not bad at all.
He’s doing it against quality teams too, it’s not like he is just running up numbers on weak opponents.

The teams Snuggerud has been scoring against in the past 10 games are all top 20 teams: Penn State (6), Minnesota St (8), Ohio St (12), North Dakota (19), and Notre Dame (20).

Reactions: Northerner

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
And it all started with a prospect named Snuggles...let's do it again coming out of the record. Is Don on the phone? I want to see a concerted god damn effort not to come out of a necrobumped thread into a f***in' up tempo prospect update. Next time I want to see someone use his f***in' brain and post highlights.

#CaseyKasemisawesome#

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
How's his +/-? If he's a negative we better trade him right now.
Second best on the team.

He just knows how to score and you can't teach that. I can't remember a goal scorer like him coming through the U in ages. No Gopher freshman forward has hit 20 goals since 06-07. He has a real shot to do that.

Reactions: 542365 and Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Second best on the team.

He just knows how to score and you can't teach that. I can't remember a goal scorer like him coming through the U in ages. No Gopher freshman forward has hit 20 goals since 06-07. He has a real shot to do that.
Oh, I was joking around. Lol I don't give any care about +/-. Lol

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think he’d be a valuable asset on our powerplay right now. We need a shooter in that Perron spot. They’ve had both Kyrou and Thomas there and neither guy is really a fit. Kyrou shoots a lot, but mostly off the rush, not stationary one-timers, and Thomas is allergic to shooting. Either that or reverse the set up from years past and feed Buch or Schenn on the other side who are more willing to take one timers.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I was quite lukewarm on this pick (pretty much how I’ve felt for every Blues pick in the 2020s) but hot damn I’m genuinely impressed with Snuggie.

Bolduc becoming a more consistent scorer didn’t surprise me as he was always incredibly raw with no clear idea what game he wanted. Neighbours was a player I had no doubt would become a solid NHL talent, even if I felt the fanbase overrated him a bit. But Snuggie is the first player I’ve looked at feeling genuinely surprised by. It’s not even amazing development as much as showing talent he just didn’t play with in his draft year. He really was used as the pro-player on that USNDT team. It’s becoming clear that his complimentary game was strategic as opposed to his talent level.

If he keeps this up, he could become a top-30 NHL prospect by the end of the year.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I think he’d be a valuable asset on our powerplay right now. We need a shooter in that Perron spot. They’ve had both Kyrou and Thomas there and neither guy is really a fit. Kyrou shoots a lot, but mostly off the rush, not stationary one-timers, and Thomas is allergic to shooting. Either that or reverse the set up from years past and feed Buch or Schenn on the other side who are more willing to take one timers.
Put Faulk there and Thomas at the top running it

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just came to post this. He's a +3 also. This is a heavyweight college tilt too. #2 Minnesota at #3 Michigan
Apparently Michigan was riddled with illness and had to dress their third string goalie on left wing last night. Has that been sorted? Anyone know?

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Didn't know much about Snuggerud when we drafted him, felt like a meh pick, but holy shit this dude is ripping up NCAA. Idk how the Blues don't try to sign him after this year.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I keep getting Jason Robertson vibes from him as an NHL player comparison, but no idea if that’s accurate.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad