Jimmy Howard vs Petr Mrazek (The Long Off-Season Begins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
Like I said.. Mrazek deserved the starting job in the playoffs. Have faith in Petr the Great!

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Pretty bad situation now with Jimmy. He is a great goalie who gave us some great goaltending but now his confidence must be shot and his value is plummeting.

Trade him to Edmonton for Yakupov and let's get started

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
Pretty bad situation now with Jimmy. He is a great goalie who gave us some great goaltending but now his confidence must be shot and his value is plummeting.

Agreed.. perhaps we can package Weiss in for anything and shed some salary as well.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Jimmy has something ending after next year contract wise.. I think its the option to let him choose the teams he doesnt want to go on

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
except jimmy has a NTC and wont be going to a bottom feeding team like edm :shakehead and neither would Weiss rather trade them to SJ for Jumbo Joe and vlasic

He would go to be a part of the Connor McDavid era, I think

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012

I'd go Howard+'16 1st for Yak in a heartbeat, especially if Blashill comes in and works his magic. The kid has talent, just doesn't have the ability to grow in the dumpster fire in Edmonton.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
By the time edmonton is any good Howard is 30+ years retired

I think you're going to see some significant changes in Edmonton, as it pertains to their core, and I believe that they will start contending for the playoffs in 2-3 years and making long runs in the playoffs in 3-5 years. And the timing is right for Howard to get in on it and be a mentor to someone like Brossoit who can inherit the job when Howard's contract is up.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think you're going to see some significant changes in Edmonton, as it pertains to their core, and I believe that they will start contending for the playoffs in 2-3 years and making long runs in the playoffs in 3-5 years. And the timing is right for Howard to get in on it and be a mentor to someone like Brossoit who can inherit the job when Howard's contract is up.

Not sure if Howard can Mentor anyone other then 1st half of the season play

Hell.. Mrazek was mentoring Howard on rebound controls and playing the puck

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

But that's because Mrazek is better than Howard. Howard is better than Scrivens and Fasth and can at least win 25-30 games for Edmonton.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I have still yet to see Mrazek better at that, personally.

As far as next season, the starting job is Mrazek's to lose, but I won't be surprised if Howard makes a competition of it in training camp/preseason.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I have still yet to see Mrazek better at that, personally.

As far as next season, the starting job is Mrazek's to lose, but I won't be surprised if Howard makes a competition of it in training camp/preseason.

This years playoff run :sarcasm:

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012

Helene St. James tweeted earlier that when asked about his future with the Wings, Jimmy responded "Ask Kenny."

Pipe dream here but what if we could move Jimmy+Pulks+1st to St. Louis for Shattenkirk? That would solve a couple defensive issues...

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Helene St. James tweeted earlier that when asked about his future with the Wings, Jimmy responded "Ask Kenny."

Pipe dream here but what if we could move Jimmy+Pulks+1st to St. Louis for Shattenkirk? That would solve a couple defensive issues...

That package will not get Shattenkirk

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Howard isn't much of an upgrade on the goalies they already have. And why would they take a small forward? Doesn't seem to fit their team identity very well.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
That package will not get Shattenkirk

I sincerely apologize for not bolding the PIPE DREAM part.. Howard+1st in this draft would bring a pretty solid return I would think, it's just a matter of finding a team that needs a goalie... Edmonton, St Louis, Buffalo and potentially San Jose?

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I don't know whether its Mrazeks spot to lose just yet...

Looking forward to having both guy compete for the top role. Or perhaps, simply split time between the 2.
One thing is pretty certain, Gustafsson (sp?) is out.

I sincerely apologize for not bolding the PIPE DREAM part.. Howard+1st in this draft would bring a pretty solid return I would think, it's just a matter of finding a team that needs a goalie... Edmonton, St Louis, Buffalo and potentially San Jose?

There are so many good goalies in the NHL right now, not sure you can get something of high worth trading him. Buffalo still has Neuvirth and I'm not sure St Loius will necessarily want to change their goaltending just yet... Edmonton poses a lot of problems in matters of who they have that we'd want and they'd be willing to trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

I am in the "Don't trade Howard" camp, but I would jump all over something along those lines

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Howard isn't much of an upgrade on the goalies they already have. And why would they take a small forward? Doesn't seem to fit their team identity very well.

Did you see the Blues in the playoffs?

Howard makes them look like pewee goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad