GDT: Jim Benning's Canucks vs. Blackhawks 7pm CST 3/37/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Svedberg was more than fine. He was part of the problem on the first goal, but 2 other guys not taking their men didn't help the cause. The 2nd goal was all on TT, he takes his man hard and he doesn't have a tap in. Let's not forget the plays he did make, and the pass to Kane to send him on a breakaway. Nah, let's just point out the couple of flaws he made.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Highly disagree with this. They are too good of players to all the sudden get eaten up when they have proven that they are great all season. Seems like ur just reaching.

If I'm reaching, I have been reaching since Autumn 2015.

For those that have been paying attention we have already seen hints of 72/88 being thoroughly stifled and frustrated lately when Hawks have played contending teams. In fact it's been a big factor in the team slumping. If Q insists on keeping the two together at least play them with our best defensive center. Problem with that is that Toews and Ladd have some good chemistry going in their own rite.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Hmmm, interesting thought.

72/19/88 (May as well load up the top line, right?)
16/15/81 (Three guys that are all really able to work in the dirty areas, cycle well, only worry is a lack of scoring here)
25/86/12 (Because it honestly seems to fit fairly well)
11/22/65 (Because duh, why not?)

Panik as the 13th forward seems like it could be a good fwd grouping to me. Thoughts?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ladd/Toews/Hossa finally showing some chemistry

Breaking it up now will just further complicate things

Gotta just stick with

16-19-81
72-15-88

And hope the 2nd line can find its game and that the increased level of play from line 1 can take some of the pressure/attention off Panarin/Kane

Though if TT does finish season well giving him potential #2C spot between two depending on matchup in round 1 (IF its Kings that line will get killed ,, Could do well vs others though) isn't a bad thing

AA on 3rd line where he belongs could be good for him as well and potentially get Kane/Panarin back on track

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Gotta just stick with

16-19-81
72-15-88

And hope the 2nd line can find its game and that the increased level of play from line 1 can take some of the pressure/attention off Panarin/Kane

Though if TT does finish season well giving him potential #2C spot between two depending on matchup in round 1 (IF its Kings that line will get killed ,, Could do well vs others though) isn't a bad thing

AA on 3rd line were he belongs could be good for him as well and potentially get Kane/Panarin back on track

Don't ever change please.

Text book hockey knowledge right here, player playing 2nd line playing well, he is being carried; line struggling, all his fault. You don't understand what a 2nd line player is if you think he is not one.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't ever change please.

Text book hockey knowledge right here, player playing 2nd line playing well, he is being carried; line struggling, all his fault. You don't understand what a 2nd line player is if you think he is not one.

Who is this you speak of?

Cause AA has not been playing well for several months now and certainly has been issue on 2nd line for a while now

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I wouldn't mind AA on the 3rd line, actually. He would be a good fit for Flash and Weise. I liked the way the world Kane line played last night. Would be a lot to handle in a playoff series.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Who is this you speak of?

Cause AA has not been playing well for several months now and certainly has been issue on 2nd line for a while now

More examples of you knowing nothing. AA struggles started 20 games ago when Kane and AP started struggling. A whole line struggle and who does BWC blame? AA because he doesn't like him when the reality is that the two possession players on the line that are struggling to keep the puck and the d not activating. AA's job on that line is to play in front of the net and dig in the corners while playing good D. He has done just that. This is a simple hockey concept that you still can't understand after 23498289347902347 posters have tried to explain the same thing to you. I am sorry really should try and listen because you would learn something and not look so brutal all the time. Ever wonder why EVERYONE questions you? and this is not a 50 situation.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
A whole line struggle and who does BWC blame? AA because he doesn't like him when the reality is that the two possession players on the line that are struggling to keep the puck and the d not activating.

Actually, BWC does like Anisimov (hell he's freaking Russian for God's sake and he's advocated getting him in the past). He just doesn't like him as a 2LC.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes I would be more then happy if he was #3C making what he is currently making ,, Playing at #2C , Not gifted a horrible longterm cap hit and if he hadn't been Stanleys primary piece back in deal in which Hawks gave up far better player (Saad) and a quality prospect

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
More examples of you knowing nothing. AA struggles started 20 games ago when Kane and AP started struggling. A whole line struggle and who does BWC blame? AA because he doesn't like him when the reality is that the two possession players on the line that are struggling to keep the puck and the d not activating. AA's job on that line is to play in front of the net and dig in the corners while playing good D. He has done just that. This is a simple hockey concept that you still can't understand after 23498289347902347 posters have tried to explain the same thing to you. I am sorry really should try and listen because you would learn something and not look so brutal all the time. Ever wonder why EVERYONE questions you? and this is not a 50 situation.

So when Kane and Panarin struggle its on them and not AA?

But when AA struggles ,, Its Kane and Panarin's fault?

Gotcha and part of possession is not losing every damn faceoff. Also AA's D has been up and down all year so stop arguing it as a strength of line ,, He has not been some great defender

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So when Kane and Panarin struggle its on them and not AA?

But when AA struggles ,, Its Kane and Panarin's fault?

Gotcha and part of possession is not losing every damn faceoff

Every faceoff? He only loses 56% of them so nice math. 6% or so is a struggle for sure but that is not even close to the issue with their possession. Anyone with a hockey textbook like yours should know this.

AA has his issues like the rest but you are placing the blame on him when he clearly was not the big issue.

You try and try yet you fail every time. Basic hockey understanding will beat you every single time but keep up the effort kid.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
If Panik was scratched i'm scratching my head at that one but maybe he has a minor injury of some sort and or Q is preserving his fresh legs for the po's?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Every faceoff? He only loses 56% of them so nice math. 6% or so is a struggle for sure but that is not even close to the issue with their possession. Anyone with a hockey textbook like yours should know this.

AA has his issues like the rest but you are placing the blame on him when he clearly was not the big issue.

You try and try yet you fail every time. Basic hockey understanding will beat you every single time but keep up the effort kid.

It's actually 3%...If he wins 3% more he breaks even.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Gotta just stick with

16-19-81
72-15-88

AA on 3rd line where he belongs could be good for him as well and potentially get Kane/Panarin back on track

The bottom line is you don't know if players like Ladd and Panarin have chemistry with other players until you experiment. Q has had oodles of time since the TD to move them around but instead fiddles mainly with the bottom 6 and the dmen. Now with less than 10 games to go, it's probably too late... and as he has done in the past will ice new lines in the playoffs. This is almost a guarantee.

The good news COULD be if Ladd/Toews/Hossa find some consistent offense and scoring in the PO's, taking some pressure off of 72/88 to carry the team offensively.... otherwise we will see ops smothering those two as their main defensive strategy (and we have already seen it work for contending teams against Hawks in the past month or so).

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hmmm, interesting thought.

72/19/88 (May as well load up the top line, right?)
16/15/81 (Three guys that are all really able to work in the dirty areas, cycle well, only worry is a lack of scoring here)
25/86/12 (Because it honestly seems to fit fairly well)
11/22/65 (Because duh, why not?)

Panik as the 13th forward seems like it could be a good fwd grouping to me. Thoughts?

I like it on paper... or Q could interchange 86 with 15 to possibly add more offense to line two. Assuming that 15 is back, why not go with something similar down the stretch?

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Honestly I liked the look of the 72-86-88 line. Perhaps roll with that more.

They had a lot of chances last night that just weren't buried. If they keep things up those chances will go in more.

Also the coaching staff is not idiotic... I am sure they too noticed that Panarin needs to shoot more. I am sure they will discuss with him. Just like what happened earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce