GDT: Jim Benning's Canucks vs. Blackhawks 7pm CST 3/37/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
It was nice to see Rozsival aka The Pylon wasn't in the line up. I have nothing against the guy, it's just that the game has passed him by. It is painful to watch. The team has more energy when they have speed and mobility across the board on D. Their styles actually depends on it. Ideally Rozsival would be the 8th defenseman for emergency use only...
Keith-TVR
Seabrook-Svedberg
Hammer-Ehrhoff/Gustafsson
Gustafsson/Ehrhoff
Rozsival

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It was nice to see Rozsival aka The Pylon wasn't in the line up. I have nothing against the guy, it's just that the game has passed him by. It is painful to watch. The team has more energy when they have speed and mobility across the board on D. Their styles actually depends on it. Ideally Rozsival would be the 8th defenseman for emergency use only...
Keith-TVR
Seabrook-Svedberg
Hammer-Ehrhoff
/Gustafsson
Gustafsson/Ehrhoff
Rozsival

exactly the combos I posted earlier.....

Keith and Hammer bring each other from ELITE at what they do to JUST OK when they are paired together.....

Keith is no where NEAR being a Norris candidate when playing with Hammer and Hammer is NOT an elite Shut down D when playing with Keith....

split them up already.......and if Q was not so freaking stubborn he would have realized this and Daley would likely still be a hawk

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Whole team looked really low energy in person.

Not sure if it's exhaustion or just lack of a give-a-****s cause they know they're going to make the playoffs and don't care about their seeding.

I love our 4th line.

Teuvo is fun to watch in person.

Ehrhoff was great and needs to be a regular.

Svedberg needs to not be in the lineup anymore.

TVR was good tonight. I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened with Ehrhoff as his partner. So obviously Q is going to scratch Ehrhoff for next game before the team plane lands.

Keith-Seabrook
Ehrhoff-Hammer
TVR-Rozsival
Gus

I think we know Q will eventually land on this combination, just a matter of how far down in a series the team has to go to get there.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Not sure if it's exhaustion or just lack of a give-a-****s cause they know they're going to make the playoffs and don't care about their seeding.

I love our 4th line.

Teuvo is fun to watch in person.

Ehrhoff was great and needs to be a regular.

Svedberg needs to not be in the lineup anymore.

TVR was good tonight.

Keith-Seabrook
Ehrhoff-Hammer
TVR-Rozsival
Gus

We know Q will eventually land on this combination, just a matter of how far down in a series the team has to go to get there.

At least you got Keith and hammer away from each other, TVR is good on the right side....Erhoff should be a regular......I don''t mind Svedberg

I was going to attend the game tonight as well Jagr but I am off to Tofino tomorrow morning for a week of relaxation and had to pack.....somehow not too disappointed........looked like lots of empty seats.....

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014

It was the 2nd game in less than 24 hours ... tough to get the wheels spinning

Wild up next on Tuesday ... need to beat those guys :naughty:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Gotta laugh at "10 Beers" comments after TVR and Svedberg have solid outings, and he sees the opposite in Sveds play. The eye test is once again failing him miserably.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Gotta laugh at "10 Beers" comments after TVR and Svedberg have solid outings, and he sees the opposite in Sveds play. The eye test is once again failing him miserably.

Agreed. Svedberg played well last night. It's pretty stupid that someone would call him out.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Only real complaint about last night was that Panarin needs to shoot the goddamned puck.

Aside from that, we won back-to-back. Next game I'd hope the 'hawks play like Minny embarrassed them last time they played ('cause they did), but I wouldn't be surprised if they played just to keep the rust off and not get injured.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The 88-86-72 combo is a feast or famine line. I have one eye closed when they try those ill advised dangles in the neutral zone and Q needs to talk with Panarin to get the puck to the net. And he's not the only one, but he is the worst offender recently.

I repeat once again that if Q plays 72/88 together (at ES) in the PO's, they will get eaten up. The exception could be if they play with 19.

And gotta get a chuckle at the criticism of Ladd who plays a very efficient game and keeps scoring when he gets chances. He will not look pretty, if that's what people are looking for.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thought it was a good enough showing for the 2nd half of back to backs. And everyone saying Panarin needs to shoot are 100% correct. The kid just seems to want to constantly dangle lately instead of just firing it on net.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The 88-86-72 combo is a feast or famine line. I have one eye closed when they try those ill advised dangles in the neutral zone and Q needs to talk with Panarin to get the puck to the net. And he's not the only one, but he is the worst offender recently.

I repeat once again that if Q plays 72/88 together (at ES) in the PO's, they will get eaten up. The exception could be if they play with 19.

And gotta get a chuckle at the criticism of Ladd who plays a very efficient game and keeps scoring when he gets chances. He will not look pretty, if that's what people are looking for.

They were pretty dangerous during the game and had what 2 posts and 2-3 other solid scoring opportunities. Kane and TT seem to have solid chemistry (they are both high IQ players so I am not shocked) and AP/TT seemed to get better as the game went on. That being said due to size in the playoffs teams could pin them in so we 100% would need to have Keith out there with them in certain matchups but when Q has last change that line could be really, really dangerous. TT was willing to shoot which helps as well. I think it was a solid start.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
They were pretty dangerous during the game and had what 2 posts and 2-3 other solid scoring opportunities. Kane and TT seem to have solid chemistry (they are both high IQ players so I am not shocked) and AP/TT seemed to get better as the game went on. That being said due to size in the playoffs teams could pin them in so we 100% would need to have Keith out there with them in certain matchups but when Q has last change that line could be really, really dangerous. TT was willing to shoot which helps as well. I think it was a solid start.

Yeah, I thought they could have had 2 or 3 goals. Panarin hit the post/crossbar on one, and they had a few other good looks too. Miller stood on his head last night, IMO, or that game could have been a lot more lopsided.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, I thought they could have had 2 or 3 goals. Panarin hit the post/crossbar on one, and they had a few other good looks too. Miller stood on his head last night, IMO, or that game could have been a lot more lopsided.

Yes, no question they were dangerous at times against a team that is less than a PO contender - pond hockey and exchanging of scoring chances is seldom successful in the post season and that's what this line plays way too often. They're fine as long as they have the puck but ops will be concentrating on taking time and space away from these guys forcing them to cough up the puck or play dump and chase.... definitely not their strength. Hawks have the balance to disperse 88/72/86 to separate lines. Problem being Q has had all season to test those combos (and especially so after the TD with Ladd aboard) and has only done so sporadically.... hence once again we are likely to see virtually new lines in the PO's which frustrates the **** out of me.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Actually I thought Svedberg played well last night.Yes he was on for both VAN goals ..and Yes he lost a puck battle in the corner behind the goal line which got dished out to the slot for the Burrows goal...So the Svedberg detractors among some popular Hawks bloggers naturally blame Svedberg for that goal.Then they follow up their expertise as a member of the hockey punditocracy by blaming g Svedberg for not clearing his check in front of the crease on the 2nd VAN goal..Maybe there is some thing to the 2nd goal blame but you could also fault Kane for getting there too late to get a check on the goal scorer...On tge first VAN goal the main culprits were Hossa and Toews...Yes Svedberg lost a puck battle but only after Hossa lost a puck battle up near the top of the left wing boards (Hossa is a RW why was he on that side anyway?) ...so instead of a puck getting out ...it stayed in and got sent to the left wing corner behind our goal line where a Van player got to it first ...Svedberg leaves position to check they guy with the puck ..and yes he lost the battle so it got dished out to the slot where Burrows scored ...BUT overlooked in any Blame to Svedberg apart from the original cause that started the play Hossa losing his puck battle....was tge fact that the guy Hossa lost the battle to then went into to support his team ate battling Svedberg for possession..so basically Svedberg was 1 fighting for possession again st 2..not exactly a big blame on Svedberg for losing such a puck battle.Where was the support of another team ate. .I. the LW on the play (remember Hossa was essentially the LW at that moment)..well Hossa was SLOW in not hustling along with the guy that beat him for possession up higher on the LW who did hustle to go in and help his linemate battle Svedberg for the puck..Thus I blame Hossa for 2 fails on that goal..and finally we have our vaunted $10.5 million captain who was not in proper checking position to stop Burrows from shooting g in the slot..what was #19 doing.?Well he was not facing Burrows to be in position to block or stick check him...he was not even looking at Burrows..he was instead cruising horizontally from left to right across the ice about 2 or 3 feet out front of our goal...perhaps moving to check tge VAN left wing or left D-man. ..honestly I do not know what was in Toews mind but whatever it was it was the wrong focus and wrong coverage because badicalky he did nothing to help stop Burrows from shot ting it in. So to blame Svedberg only on that goal or even at all considering he was doing a 1 vs.2 puck battle ...I'M is a bit much.

ALSO..the anti-Svedberg bloggers ignore all the good things he did..all the times he did good defensive jobs checking guys and I thought he got pucks out better than some other d-men we had failing to clear. .all nd what about that beauty tape to tape pass to send in Kane all alone..so are they gonna blame Svedberg for Kane's Fail to finish?

Personally I think Svedberg was fine...it is the big "stars"...Hossa Toews and Kane who are not bringing it ..not starring ..not doing the job defensively ir offensively (all nd part from Toews 1 good shift of the game on the GWG by Ladd) .So if Fels over at The Comitted Indian and some posters to this thread want to blame Svedberg for all our woes and not diss hard on "the big boys" the alleged star poster guys for this franchise ...then they hockey punditocracy that is blind to the truth. Toews ought to be benched for lousy games the last 2 let alone the last 8-9 ...but I guess his 1 good shift on Ladd's GWG gets him a reprieve I'm the Q books ..Gee 1 good shift in the last 8-9 games is all it takes to keep an underwhelming 'star" from riding the pines?

Not that Q would have the balls to do it.

Nope ..instead it is easy to just blame Svedberg for all our woes.Or Rozy ..or any D-man not of the big 3 d-men..But don't you Ever dare say anything bad about Toews Kane of Hossa...the Untouchables who are such perfection it is verboten to criticize them..Nope ..just heap blame on the cheap grunts.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I wish I could figure out the "Q" doghouse thing...Honestly I sometimes think I get it and then the whole CE thing snaps up (Edso mentioned he thought CE was benched in the third period). What on earth does that guy need to do to stay in the rotation? He isnt even that bad in his own end IMO at least not since he has been on the hawks.

Benching Weise made sense. But man...

and his love for some players that struggle. can be baffling...

On some positives Krugs has been a big plus. Flash has been a nice addition and maybe the Toews line is finding some chemistry albeit against some awful teams....

The "dead legs" thing is seriously getting old now...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

Highly disagree with this. They are too good of players to all the sudden get eaten up when they have proven that they are great all season. Seems like ur just reaching.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Lol, Svedberg was directly responsible for both goals against.

One when he lost a board battle, the other when he failed to clear out the front of the net. If he cant use his size, has no foot-speed, and the hockey IQ of a toddler, what exactly does he bring?

Q and the sycophant army need to atop trying to convince themselves there's anything other than AHL talent there.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Lol, Svedberg was directly responsible for both goals against.

One when he lost a board battle, the other when he failed to clear out the front of the net. If he cant use his size, has no foot-speed, and the hockey IQ of a toddler, what exactly does he bring?

Q and the sycophant army need to atop trying to convince themselves there's anything other than AHL talent there.

What? No.

The goal "he failed to clear out on" was TT fault for not tying up his guys stick. It was pretty obvious. You could have blamed 3 people on the play and you picked the one that played it right, nice work.

I don't think I disagree about the other goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce