GDT: Jim Benning's Canucks vs. Blackhawks 7pm CST 3/37/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Figured I would start a GDT because no one started one (and I did not see someone signed up).

Not sure what the line ups are so here is a guess.

16-19-81
72-86-88
25-70-12
11-22-65

2-4
43-7
55-57

vs.

img_2454.jpg

e0fc170ffdcd05c39dbc9586a3721244.jpg

We need another win to keep trending in the right direction.

1 point and we clinch a playoff spot but lets get two.

Last edited:

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
A Hawks win is a playoff clinch and an extra two points and a Canucks loss is an extra step closer for a chance for them to draft a number 1 pick. Everybody wins today!

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I would also like the Hawks to win this one.

Go Chicago!

Wait? People still root for the Hawks around here to actually win?

I was just catching up on a handful of threads since I haven't been able to watch a game in a while with a busy work and personal schedule...... and 99/100 things I read are about how X player sucks, or how we do X thing so terribly. Good grief.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
If the Canucks are smart they'll just give up and lose the remaining games of the season, better their chances of drafting Matthews, fire Benning and Linden shake up the roster that's there and hire some people who have a clue cause even if they could draft Matthews he's no good if he has to deal with Oiler type incompetence as brass if they can't surround him with talent.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kruger line was excellent last night.

Toews line not so much. 16-19-81 feels like less than the sum of it's parts, albeit those parts are one struggling (19), one aging (81), and one nostalgia play (16).... so maybe we shouldn't be surprised.

I'd honestly like to see Q put 16-19-88 together for a stretch and see what Panarin, AA and Hossa can do together. If only to test if it's a long-term option should the playoffs force a blending (which they will).

On the defensive end.... well, the bottom 4 from last night just cannot be a thing ever again. It might be the slowest, most immobile group of defensemen the Blackhawks have iced since 2011. Although even that team had Leddy...

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
If the Canucks are smart they'll just give up and lose the remaining games of the season, better their chances of drafting Matthews, fire Benning and Linden shake up the roster that's there and hire some people who have a clue cause even if they could draft Matthews he's no good if he has to deal with Oiler type incompetence as brass if they can't surround him with talent.

This never happens in professional sports. No team just gives up. That's preposterous.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have an idea of who will start in goal tonight? I know Darling played last night but could see him playing again after a good game.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If they're smart they will and btw the Quebec Nordiques and Pittsburgh Penguins say hi.

Players don't give up.

Organizations simply strip and handicap their rosters to the point they can't compete.

The players never say 'meh, may as well mail this one in and get the draft pick'

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have an idea of who will start in goal tonight? I know Darling played last night but could see him playing again after a good game.

I'd almost bet I'll be Darling again. That is whats being speculated.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As long as we have Machu Picchu Man plating there is a great chance we lose....Toews is killing line #1 by generating Zilch!

He coukd not even muster 1 shot on goal against CGY..

Ladd basically on his own ..Hossa cannot produce much offensively either.BUt if the engine isn't running..the vaunted $10.5 million 1C playing more like $10.50..well...we got ourselves a big problem
. SINCE 2C is also in the doldrums.

ADD to this problem #88 is his own slump and #72 too and are firing on cylinder (Ladd..and even he not every night).To rely on lines #3 and #4 to save us and our goaltending to.bail us out is asking a lit each night. WE need our bis drivers to drove the bus not the grunt passengers to push it from the backend.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region

Hopefully Darling. He looks like he's rounding into form. I'd like to get him as ready for the playoffs as possible. My hope is that he never sees a single minute of ice time, but in the unfortunate event that he does, I want him to look like he did last night.

Watch the Chicago Bulls right now, you will change your tune

Lolol. I almost feel dumb for having moderate expectations for that team...

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
As long as we have Machu Picchu Man plating there is a great chance we lose....Toews is killing line #1 by generating Zilch!

He coukd not even muster 1 shot on goal against CGY..

Ladd basically on his own ..Hossa cannot produce much offensively either.BUt if the engine isn't running..the vaunted $10.5 million 1C playing more like $10.50..well...we got ourselves a big problem
. SINCE 2C is also in the doldrums.

ADD to this problem #88 is his own slump and #72 too and are firing on cylinder (Ladd..and even he not every night).To rely on lines #3 and #4 to save us and our goaltending to.bail us out is asking a lit each night. WE need our bis drivers to drove the bus not the grunt passengers to push it from the backend.

You basically post this exact same thing multiple times every day. We get it

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Kruger line was excellent last night.

Toews line not so much. 16-19-81 feels like less than the sum of it's parts, albeit those parts are one struggling (19), one aging (81), and one nostalgia play (16).... so maybe we shouldn't be surprised.

I'd honestly like to see Q put 16-19-88 together for a stretch and see what Panarin, AA and Hossa can do together. If only to test if it's a long-term option should the playoffs force a blending (which they will).

On the defensive end.... well, the bottom 4 from last night just cannot be a thing ever again. It might be the slowest, most immobile group of defensemen the Blackhawks have iced since 2011. Although even that team had Leddy...

16 had two goals + an assist last night, so hopefully that suckitude continues.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
16 had two goals + an assist last night, so hopefully that suckitude continues.

The Monahan line used the Toews line as a mop for the entirety of the game.

If your hope is that every team commits the turnovers the Flames did last night, then god be with you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Figured I would start a GDT because no one started one (and I did not see someone signed up).

Not sure what the line ups are so here is a guess.

16-19-81
72-15-88
14-86-12
11-22-65

2-4
43-7
32-57

vs.

img_2454.jpg

e0fc170ffdcd05c39dbc9586a3721244.jpg

We need another win to keep trending in the right direction.

1 point and we clinch a playoff spot but lets get two.

When i first saw the bottom photo, Beavis & Butt-Head came to mind immediately! I can't see the Hawks losing...Nucks shutout in 4 of their last 5, 2 of those against the Blues and 2 goals for in those 5 :amazed:

Don't care how it's done just get a win and continue with some momentum.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hawks should win easily but would anybody really be shocked if they gave no ****s and got caught daydreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad