GDT: Jim Benning's Canucks vs. Blackhawks 7pm CST 3/37/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ehrhoff solid, TVR solid, Teuvo solid, Keith good, Hammer good.

Weise bad, Desi bleh,

Ladd is a good pickup, obviously.

Toews needs to come to play

Panarin needs to sit down and watch a game from the press box.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Tuesday night against the Wild....the rest of the schedule goes down to who the boys want to play in the 1st round.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
Panarin just had his worst game as a Hawk, hopefully it's the last one .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
By our Chinny chin chins...outshot badly in 3rd period..Darling kept us in it..And we hardly impress..Though I do think Keith had one of his best games in a while defensively. .Toews was Vomit except for that 1 shift on a nice dish to Ladd for tge GWG..But otherwise Toews stunk and put his team 8n harm's way with that 4 minute high stick penalty in the o-zone.Q should bench him for that and poir play on all shifts except he probably gets a reprieve because he play-making on 1 shift which hapoen editor be the Ladd GWG...So Mr.Vimit gets himself off the hook because of 1 good shift in a whole game? 1 good shift and lots of bad shifts. ..for $10.5 million?

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
What a surprise. Doom crowd jumps from Ladd to Panarin.

Panarin is fine. He just needs to shoot the puck. He starts shooting and only good things will happen. He'll score more goals, increases chance of juicy rebound, opens up the ice for that Kane pass he keeps forcing.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
By our Chinny chin chins...outshot badly in 3rd period..Darling kept us in it..And we hardly impress..Though I do think Keith had one of his best games in a while defensively. .Toews was Vomit except for that 1 shift on a nice dish to Ladd for tge GWG..But otherwise Toews stunk and put his team 8n harm's way with that 4 minute high stick penalty in the o-zone.Q should bench him for that and poir play on all shifts except he probably gets a reprieve because he play-making on 1 shift which hapoen editor be the Ladd GWG...So Mr.Vimit gets himself off the hook because of 1 good shift in a whole game? 1 good shift and lots of bad shifts. ..for $10.5 million?

He actually was decent tonight but you are basically copy and pasting posts at this point.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Everyone was 50% plus at the dot except TT but it seems like he was drawing against Hank S. a lot so I am not shocked. Still needs to improve and continue to grind.

Shaw was 11/12....good but how ****** is the guy he was going against.

Darling really good again, it is amazing what happens when he gets some gametime....wait I am a goalie apologist.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
TVR being interviewed by NHL Network right now.

They were really complimentary of TVR during the interview and in the analysis that followed. Kind of interesting to hear the guys that played in the NHL have such a different opinion than a lot of the folks here. Of course, who knows if they are watching many Hawks games...

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

Panarin is fine. He just needs to shoot the puck. He starts shooting and only good things will happen. He'll score more goals, increases chance of juicy rebound, opens up the ice for that Kane pass he keeps forcing.

100%.....once he starts doing that he will get out of this mini slump and the 2nd line will start filling the net again. I hope this happens in game 1 round 1.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015

Yeah. Such recency bias all the time on here. There were times Panarin went through this weird not shooting/struggling funk earlier in the season too and he bounced back.

Plus, it helps the Hawks cap situation, no? Maybe he's doing this on purpose. Conspiracy!

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Yeah. Such recency bias all the time on here. There were times Panarin went through this weird not shooting/struggling funk earlier in the season too and he bounced back.

Plus, it helps the Hawks cap situation, no? Maybe he's doing this on purpose. Conspiracy!

Exactly. Especially with the cap. I'm not complaining at all. As long as he picks it up again in Game 1, I'm totally fine.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
As for Panarin, the guy ain't doing too bad considering it's his first NHL season. I'm glad he's here and has contributed to where the Hawks are right now. He can and will get it together.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not sure why the lineup has to be certain ways....I have no idea why Q needs to play keith and hammer together, they are not complimentary of one another at all, in fact I believe they are average Dmen when the play together. Q needs to get his head out of his ass and fix the D by doing this....

Keith-TVR
Hammer - Erhoff
Svedberg-Seabrook

Rosy playing every third game at most....

for offense Q needs to move some guys around to complement each other.... first off Ladd/JT/Hossa are all possession players, its redundant and Hossa is literally obsolete as it relates to offensive skills so get him off that line and on to one that needs some help with possession like the 2nd or 3rd.....

Ladd-JT-Panik
Panarin-AA-Kane
Flash-TT-Hossa
Weise-Kruger-Shaw

Desi/mosse

we won't get far in the playoffs if Q doesn't start to make better coaching decisions.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Enjoyed the defensive pairings tonight. Don't care much for hammer playing his offside (it forces him to rely too much on Keith), but the defensive group was fantastic.

And hopefully Svedberg having a decent game results in him in the lineup more and Rosie in less. I think Q is fine having an offensive dman (Ehroff, Gustafsson) if he has 5 other guys he can trust playing strong defense and who have the ability to PK (Sved wasn't on the PK tonight, but his big body and stick position makes me think that will change soon).

Also, TVR is worlds better on the right side. Something I've said for a while now. When he's on the left, he either has to rely on his partner (which is often Rosie) to get the puck up ice, or try a backhand pass that can easily be picked off. He doesn't have that problem on the right and he's a much better player because of it.

Panarin seems like he has hit the wall. Wouldn't mind if Q sat him a few games. He's just not accustomed to this long of a schedule and the Hawks want this season to last til June. A week of rest would do him wonders. Though I think the kid is too proud and too stubborn to agree to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce