Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Apples goal was a beaut. Seems to be getting more from his game lately.
Honestly, I still thought he was mostly trash in this game. He had some easy failed clears that kept us hemmed, and plays still seem to die on his stick.

I will admit his goal was nice, but his goal last game was a fluke.

I still think he should be a 4th line pk guy when Schiefele comes back, but our coach seems to have a bit of a blind spot with him.

I think either Kupari, Barron or even Iafallo are a better fit wth 17 and 62.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Scheifele is not the reason they looked bad tonight. The whole team was making lazy plays and playing with no pace, that doesn't happen because one player is out.
Agree but no Scheifele definitely effects our offense especially when he's being replaced by Lowry. Don't get me wrong i really like Lowry but he isn't Scheifele when it comes to offense. Ottawa played a good game, lets not forget Ottawa has some good hockey players , we didn't play very well but i don't think Ottawa is as bad as their record. Having said all that we have to play way better Monday against the Bruins .

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agree but no Scheifele definitely effects our offense especially when he's being replaced by Lowry. Don't get me wrong i really like Lowry but he isn't Scheifele when it comes to offense. Ottawa played a good game, lets not forget Ottawa has some good hockey players , we didn't play very well but i don't think Ottawa is as bad as their record. Having said all that we have to play way better Monday against the Bruins .
Agreed.

A great point that was made is teams are giving us their absolute best right now.

I thought the Sens played a really cohesive game last night. If it weren't for a couple of fortunate bounces we really could have lost.

While we didn't play our best, the Sens deserve credit for that effort. You're probably seeing a bit of Jaques Martin's impact on the team, id bet the sensors finish the season strong.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Atta boy Nikki, real shit effort by the Jets today but in the end 2points is 2 points
Yup. Play the same way over the next week and we'll go 0-3. Pretty garbage game from top to bottom. Some bad habits have been creeping back in since the Flyers game. Need to sort their shit out quick cause Colorado and Dallas are not going away.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Guys we are 30-10-4 , 9-1-0 in our last 10 games, 34 GAMES IN A ROW WITHOUT GIVING UP MORE THAN THREE GOALS IN A GAME and missing our #1 center. We are going to have the odd not great game but man what a season we are having. :nod:

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Guys we are 30-10-4 , 9-1-0 in our last 10 games, 34 GAMES IN A ROW WITHOUT GIVING UP MORE THAN THREE GOALS IN A GAME and missing our #1 center. We are going to have the odd not great game but man what a season we are having. :nod:
It's just that the "odd not great games" seem to be bunching up lately, against what have mostly been "odd not great" teams. Playing Boston and TML x2 will definitely tell the tale. No disagreement about the season they're having though. :)

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It's just that the "odd not great games" seem to be bunching up lately, against what have mostly been "odd not great" teams. Playing Boston and TML x2 will definitely tell the tale. No disagreement about the season they're having though. :)

Every team has their slumps in performance, there was bound to be some sort of drop off. As long as it doesn't turn into last season I wouldn't be too worried if they drop a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad