Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
nice one again Nikolaj…

I would assume the boys knows what’s at stake the next 2 games.

modern day record within reach
game 34 now

i don’t want to jinx it but i am really hoping they get it!!!

Really happy for Ehlers so much potential still and you always think he can do more amazing things on the ice..

Go Jets Go

my friends are from vancouver so we go see saw bantering at each other.
Nice to see Canadian teams doing well.

#1 on my list to win the Cup
obviously

then hoping a Candian team does it
Edmonton or Canucks

if non Canadian team
i would like Crosby to get 1 more.
Really great ambassador for Canada and the game of Hockey.

my 2 favorite Crosby goals
The golden goal from Iginla and his penalty shot goal againts Carey Price at Price peak. When he just returned from a serious injury.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is a good post, as it seems Bones deciding factor in OT on who he plays is how fast they can skate, with the notable exception being Lowry who can be very dominant in controlling possession.

Lowry also wins faceoffs, I don't care about faceoffs at 5v5 but the way 3 on 3 is played where teams just hang onto the puck until they get a look they like, winning faceoffs is probably as important a skill as any in that situation.

And also while Lowry has a reputation of being slow, he is not that slow, atleast according to NHLEdge data he is faster than either Perfetti or Vilardi. When I last adjusted NHLEdge's data by icetime for Jets forwards, Lowry doesn't look too shabby.

bursts.png

Perfetti I think definitely deserves a shot in 3 on 3, he has other tools that can compensate for his lack of speed.

While I am good with Lowry playing OT, I think it's definitely fair to question Iafallo and Appleton getting OT shifts though. The one place where Maurice was better than Bones was deployment in OT and other special situations like 4 on 4, and 6 on 5 with the Jets net empty. Maurice knew those situations were special and tailored his personnel to take advantage of them... whereas Bones just treats them like another aspect of 5v5.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I am concerned about the slip in play but every team has a swoon even the leafs who seem back on the parade track.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
How has no statistician found the record for most games giving up two or less?
According to the link the record for consecutive games allowing 2 goals or fewer is 18 set by the Los Angeles Kings the season they won the Cup.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Perfetti generally never plays in OT so I was expecting that but baffled as to why Appleton is getting a shift and Vilardi isn't?
I would think it's because Villardi is on the slow side. When you have a lot of open ice, it's who can get to the puck the fastest and control possession, and that would be your fast skaters,like Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey etc. Also Appleton may not have the greatest finishing hands but he's a very fast skater, so I guess that's why.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Jets opponents have been so weak lately we aren't even seeing the real team. They've been like a cat toying with an injured mouse. Guaranteed we see a different effort against the Bruins on Monday.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
nice one again Nikolaj…

I would assume the boys knows what’s at stake the next 2 games.

modern day record within reach
game 34 now

i don’t want to jinx it but i am really hoping they get it!!!

Really happy for Ehlers so much potential still and you always think he can do more amazing things on the ice..

Go Jets Go

my friends are from vancouver so we go see saw bantering at each other.
Nice to see Canadian teams doing well.

#1 on my list to win the Cup
obviously

then hoping a Candian team does it
Edmonton or Canucks

if non Canadian team
i would like Crosby to get 1 more.
Really great ambassador for Canada and the game of Hockey.

my 2 favorite Crosby goals
The golden goal from Iginla and his penalty shot goal againts Carey Price at Price peak. When he just returned from a serious injury.
Really wholesome post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad