Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
As I said when the road trip started with Scheifele in tow I would be surprised if he played but if he was going to play it would be in Toronto. You have to be real careful if it's his groin and they need to make sure he feels comfortable on the ice before putting into game action.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As I said when the road trip started with Scheifele in tow I would be surprised if he played but if he was going to play it would be in Toronto. You have to be real careful if it's his groin and they need to make sure he feels comfortable on the ice before putting into game action.
And do you think they won't do this for some reason?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I do not but in sports there is always pressure for a player to play even when not 100% even when it's not in the best interest of the player
The Jets contract with some of the best doctors in Manitoba and have a large staff of other medical professionals, that have expertise working with professional athletes. They also have access to the highest quality of diagnosing equipment. The player may push to get on the ice early but you have the most capable people possible looking after their best interests.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Disaster.

Streak on the line.

First place in the league in the line.

Precious points on the line.

Might as well start Lauren.
When our "under 3" streak is just about to achieve record proportions, we have to play a team that pumped in 9 goals last night. Right....

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
The Jets contract with some of the best doctors in Manitoba and have a large staff of other medical professionals, that have expertise working with professional athletes. They also have access to the highest quality of diagnosing equipment. The player may push to get on the ice early but you have the most capable people possible looking after their best interests.
My post had nothing to do with the integrity or ability of the training staff or doctors used by the Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My post had nothing to do with the integrity or ability of the training staff or doctors used by the Jets.
I realize that, but that is kind of the implication of all the "I hope they keep him off the ice until he is healed" posts, since that is literally their job.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I realize that, but that is kind of the implication of all the "I hope they keep him off the ice until he is healed" posts, since that is literally their job.
My view is simple, doctors okay him, he gets on the ice and has a good skate, feels good not problems after the skate , get into the lineup. When that happens is anyone's guess.

Reactions: kanadalainen

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's just that the "odd not great games" seem to be bunching up lately, against what have mostly been "odd not great" teams. Playing Boston and TML x2 will definitely tell the tale. No disagreement about the season they're having though. :)
Oh look Ottawa with their second game within 24 hours just beat the Flyers 5-3 and they were losing 2-0 after the first.
As for the Leafs ... fans are bringing out the pitchforks and want to sell at the TDL and the GM also said the Leafs are in no position to add at TDL. ouch.
Always remember a win is a win and its always worth 2 points no matter who you play.
IMG_2730.jpeg

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Surprised people are panicking about Toronto, they've been playing like garbage for awhile. Boston will be a challenge but we handled them quite well a month ago. The dreaded January collapse didn't happen, Jets would still be 8-4 for the month even if they lost the next 3. Then there is 9 days off to lick their wounds. RELAX

To me, the best thing is that, while we have weaknesses, we KNOW what they are, and we at least seem committed to fix them. Bones knows the special teams are horrid. Chevy KNOWS we need help at center. But we've got a plan, we've got a system. I gotta say, our foundation is extremely solid. Yes, we will need to be lucky to win the Cup -- any team will. But it passes the Alpha Lackey test -- "is this team good enough that, if they won the Cup, you wouldn't be shocked?" And I say, it's a clear yes.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If we win a cup this year it will be because Hellebuyck won the Conn Smyth.

I actually wanted the team to lose these games because I don't f***ing want the presidents trophy I want to come in 5th or something, still very impressive but not that presidents curse.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I actually wanted the team to lose these games because I don't f***ing want the presidents trophy I want to come in 5th or something, still very impressive but not that presidents curse.
Let Vancouver have it, their fans are ripe and ready for another playoff exit riot

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

It has been over a decade since the president trophy winner won the cup, and 1st and 2nd round knock outs are far and away the most common season ending outcomes for the President trophy winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln