Post-Game Talk: Jets win 4 - 3

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If we ice the same lineup again in the last minutes again we lose every time. Lucky we played a horrible team tonight, let's get a coach before it's to late.
They iced there best players in the last minute. Who else did you want them to ice?

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Hendricks..........oh man, Lowry drink that protein juice and get back soon. Laine with a real center has been absolutely incredible. Helle showing us, that it was just a blip on the radar, we NEED trouba back cause man Chiraot is going to make me put my fist through a wall.

Still a win is a win and every 2 is super important right now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

Jets made this game closer than it should have been with a lot of sloppy play.

CSW - Terrible game in their own zone. That's been a recurring theme this season. Scheifele and Wheeler are magic in the offensive zone, but soft and lost in their own zone. When you continuously get hemmed in your zone by any random Wings' line, you are struggling.

PLR - So-so game. They got better as the game progressed. Still like Roslovic here. He does a lot of good things. Little is still a split-second too slow with his offensive reads.

ESL - Very strong game, even if they hadn't potted a couple. I loved Laine's game. He was powerful and dangerous all game. His two goals were just outstanding. Ehlers played a smart game and was effective. Stastny was quiet, but does seem to be a good complement his two young snipers.

HCA - Easily the Jets' 2nd best line. Armia was a beast tonight. Hendricks was really effective along the wall. Copp with his usual steady game, and made a brilliant quick pass that Armia couldn't finish.

44-33 Great game for both. Buff was dominant. Morrissey was his usual steady self, but also made some very good plays in the offensive zone. His pass to Buff for the goal was brilliant.

5-57 Tire fire. Myers was just awful. Couldn't make a 5 foot pass. Outquicked and outmuscled in his own zone. Kulikov was only marginally better.

70-7 Chiarot was steady. Nice blast. Morrow reminds me of Postma without as much offensive skill. He plays a very loose and soft game on D. Chiarot with Poolman would be a much better option at this point.

Hellebuyck with a stellar game. Kept the Jets in it when he needed to.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
laine with another disapointing game. only 2 goals with so many chances to get 3 but he fails. kinda wish he wld score 3 goals at least once this season or i think we shld prob start to worry and focus on developing his 2 way game.

wheeler was great all game one of his best all season i was on the edge of my seat everytime he was about to make a pass and extend his point streak

GO JETS GO!

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I haven't seen a guy fit in better than Stastny since Robocop joined up with Sting.
sgRSrsy.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Really? Fire the coach who,has the jets a million games over .500 for the first time ever?

Yeah okay
No failure in that logic

The logic I'm trying to figure out in how this game shows how lucky we, allegedly, were. This isn't like when we cheesed that come-from-behind win against Washington with two late goals and an OT winner. We went into the game almost a 70-30 favorite and for the last 46:50 of the game we were better than 70% to win. We trailed for 0:38 of ice time. Our goalie was "way under .900" for 0:08 of ice time. Like, what game were you watching?

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Soooo.... Chiarot leads the Jets CF%Rel at 16.75 while Kuli was the worst with -25.39 followed closely by Myers. Morrow with 8.6

Reactions: Jets2point0

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
The logic I'm trying to figure out in how this game shows how lucky we, allegedly, were. This isn't like when we cheesed that come-from-behind win against Washington with two late goals and an OT winner. We went into the game almost a 70-30 favorite and for the last 46:50 of the game we were better than 70% to win. We trailed for 0:38 of ice time. Our goalie was "way under .900" for 0:08 of ice time. Like, what game were you watching?

Couldn't agree more
I don't understand what game some people are watching sometimes.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We also dominated the possession numbers 59% - 41%. The score flattered the Wings.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Quick thoughts....

70-7 Chiarot was steady. Nice blast. Morrow reminds me of Postma without as much offensive skill. He plays a very loose and soft game on D. Chiarot with Poolman would be a much better option at this point.

Hellebuyck with a stellar game. Kept the Jets in it when he needed to.

I will always take a win. Detroit is a tough team for the Jets. They really gave our first line problems. FAST through the neutral, wow.

Whileee:
Great analysis IMHO. I always liked Poolman's game. Morrow with Chiarot is just not quite there for me.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I don't like it,
I can't defend Laine anymore with all this goals :)

Kidding

Go for 40!!!

Go JETS GO

Most team without their 2 of their better "defense"men will suffer.
Try removing 2 of Trouba and Enstrom comparable from Tampa and Nashville and insert their 7th and 8th guy in their DCHART.

Little line is not producing.
I wish Maurice try Little and Wheeler together, for a few games or shift. See how it will go.

Schiefele in 1 line
Wheeler in another line
Laine in another line

is match up problem with other teams.
Not that JETS line up now is not a match up problem.

Reactions: hudster and Mbraunm

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We also dominated the possession numbers 59% - 41%. The score flattered the Wings.

Right? Like we weren't perfect. God no. And there were some defensive breakdowns that definitely merit a trip to the video room. There's a reason why the Any Given Sunday factor is fairly large even in paper mismatches like out-of-playoff team on road vs top-5-team. The Red Wings weren't muffins. But the better team played better and held the initiative for the vast majority of the game, so what's all the hand-wringing about?

I just don't get it.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Not what I expected to see in a bounce-back game. First 2 lines need to wake up. Somehow our bottom 4 defenders totally disappeared. Bucky needs some rest. This kid Laine is good

Reactions: Jets2point0

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Detroit was out-goalied and it is too bad that Armia needs Tanev knocking at the door to have another good game.
Keep the Stastny line as is but change the other ones to...
MP Scheif Roslo
Connor Little Wheeler

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kinda glad that Wheeler didn't get the empty netter. He needs to be better for the Jets to be really good.
It means nothing to a vet like Wheeler. He is actually one of the few players who wouldn't have scored in that situation putting it out further wide than he needed to to avoid the only chance of losing, a block and a quick up ice pass by the Wings. The little things that no one ever notices.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It means nothing to a vet like Wheeler. He is actually one of the few players who wouldn't have scored in that situation putting it out further wide than he needed to to avoid the only chance of losing, a block and a quick up ice pass by the Wings. The little things that no one ever notices.
I think he was trying to score, but my main point was that he needs to come out of that game with a sour taste in his mouth, because he and his line need to be much better for the Jets to contend this season. I've seen too many games like that one where they get hemmed in their own zone, bleed shots, and give up good chances and goals. I think that they too often cheat with their positioning and puck play in their own zone. They need to clean that up before the playoffs.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
I remember a few seasons back the Jets were decimated on defense...most of them injured....yet the team still managed to play decent team defense by committee... the players knew they all had to play disciplined and pay attention to detail. With Trouba and Enstrom out the opposite is happening right now. Team is so loaded on offense that most players are playing lazy D. Im gonna call it the Stastny effect.

Reactions: ulf

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Not a gem overall, but there were some good things going on. Little and Perreault looked pretty good, Connor had 3 very good looks for a goal, Liane continues to play with more confidence, OhArmia played well again, Buff and Morrissey great again, but it just didn't feel it was a game you feel comfortable with; given all that, I think J. Peterman said it best
ZPAFLeW.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think he was trying to score, but my main point was that he needs to come out of that game with a sour taste in his mouth, because he and his line need to be much better for the Jets to contend this season. I've seen too many games like that one where they get hemmed in their own zone, bleed shots, and give up good chances and goals. I think that they too often cheat with their positioning and puck play in their own zone. They need to clean that up before the playoffs.
You maybe right on your main point. But I really don't believe Wheeler was trying to score. The guarantee win was anything but a block and that is what he made sure didn't happen.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
All in all it wasn't the best game for us but I will take the win.

Helle with a strong bounce back game.

JoMo and Buff where great after the first 10 minutes.

Laine was a beast tonight, real strong on the puck and went hard at people. Once he really grows into his frame and adds a step he will be phenominal. Ehlers and PS also had strong nights.

Armia had a terrific night, excellent board work and puck protection. Hendricks and Copp also where strong.

CSW where off tonight but that is ok with our depth as we had some other lines step up.

PLR had a solid all around game. Nothing too fancy but I thought the line was effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad