Post-Game Talk: Jets wagon rolls on. Jets win 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wonder what posters think of this ?? I've been reading from sportscasters that many of them think Connor returning could hurt the team, because he's a defensive liability ? He is that, but the question in my mind, is -- does his offensive output supersede(trump) his defensive liability. I wonder how much this will affect the team, as we're winning by restricting goals against to around 2.5 goals over the last 28 games straight or so.

What do posters think about this, and do you guys think Connor will help the team, or will he hurt the team ?? I think he should help the team, but his defensive game is bad, and he just may have a negative effect on the team ?? What do posters think on this subject ??

Reactions: hn777

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I wonder what posters think of this ?? I've been reading from sportscasters that many of them think Connor returning could hurt the team, because he's a defensive liability ? He is that, but the question in my mind, is -- does his offensive output supersede(trump) his defensive liability. I wonder how much this will affect the team, as we're winning by restricting goals against to around 2.5 goals over the last 28 games straight or so.

What do posters think about this, and do you guys think Connor will help the team, or will he hurt the team ?? I think he should help the team, but his defensive game is bad, and he just may have a negative effect on the team ?? What do posters think on this subject ??
He was starting to get his defensive game together along with the rest of the team before he was injured. He may have some catchup to do on his return, but I’m sure with his skating ability and the obvious commitment by the rest of the team in his absence, he will buy in with the rest of the team and get his defensive game going.

No way is the rest of the team going to let someone get away with lazy, lack of defense play, and I’m sure he won’t want to be that player.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Definitely better with Connor, the Jets now have the depth to be able to put a good defensive forward on a line with Connor and that forward can make up for Connor's sometimes defensive liability. You just don't find 40 goal scorers very often and if you do you are a better team with one than without.Especially when you are paying him under 8 million a season unlike some other team that likes to pay them all 12 million plus .:laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

It is an interesting dilemma.

Only 3 minus players on the roster - Connor, Gus and Kupari.

You would think Connor returning to the lineup is a huge boost - especially the PP - and it would push Iafallo down and strengthen the bottom 6.

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg

In the past I have said the exact same thing about Scheifele, Ehlers, etc, etc, etc.
This team has now bought into a system and I think KC will embrace that upon his return.
Belonging to a group is a powerful thing.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I finally had a bit of time and I watched the Ducks Jets game and then the Jets Yotes game B2B last night. It sucks that I haven't had much time to view hockey this season because this is a very entertaining version of the Jets.

A few observations...............I know we are riding the biggest heater in 2.0 history but:

Depth is intoxicating
This is the most smothering team defense I have seen from a Jets team
Namestinkov is on a 52 point pace and he so good in all zones (#Bryan Little)
I am starting to think trade deadline's are a good place to add long term assets for cheap.
Drama free is more fun
Demand is going to increase for Jets tickets (maybe slowly)
When did Samberg get so good
Where is @sipowicz
We will have a rough stretch still this season but the White Out will be fun.
Remember to enjoy the moment.
Best I have felt about the Jets since 2017-18
Chevy's best work as a GM

GJG

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

If I had to choose one of these players for the top line at 5v5, I'd probably take B):

A) 335 GF - 347 GA (-12), xGF% 46.78
B) 387 GF - 294 GA (+93), xGF% 52.24

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
It is an interesting dilemma.

Only 3 minus players on the roster - Connor, Gus and Kupari.

You would think Connor returning to the lineup is a huge boost - especially the PP - and it would push Iafallo down and strengthen the bottom 6.
Would it also push Appleton to eating popcorn in the PB? He started out the season better than I expected but has regressed to norm form. I hope that he is injured because he he seems to be going through the motions nowadays. Anyway, I'm glad we're winning (not planning the parade yet) and it will be interesting to see how the coaches handle the return to helath of Connor, Gus and Kupari.

Reactions: GNP and hn777

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
He was starting to get his defensive game together along with the rest of the team before he was injured. He may have some catchup to do on his return, but I’m sure with his skating ability and the obvious commitment by the rest of the team in his absence, he will buy in with the rest of the team and get his defensive game going.

No way is the rest of the team going to let someone get away with lazy, lack of defense play, and I’m sure he won’t want to be that player.
I tend to agree with you here on Connor. I'm sure he'll see the great success the team is having, and Kyle is a team player, and will tow the line, and adjust his game like the rest of the team has, so he's not that much of a liability. I think he'll do this, and if he does, a 40 goal scorer like Connor should be a great asset to the Jets. Even if he plays as defensively responsible as Ehlers, who's in the plus (+) category, that would be just great. He'll have to tighten up his game tho, and I'm hoping he will. As another poster said, he wouldn't want to go against the team plan, that's bringing them so much success. I'm looking forward to seeing Connor come back, and it be nice to see him be more responsible on the defensive side, and still scoring. I think he will.

Reactions: hn777

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
So I finally had a bit of time and I watched the Ducks Jets game and then the Jets Yotes game B2B last night. It sucks that I haven't had much time to view hockey this season because this is a very entertaining version of the Jets.

A few observations...............I know we are riding the biggest heater in 2.0 history but:

Depth is intoxicating
This is the most smothering team defense I have seen from a Jets team
Namestinkov is on a 52 point pace and he so good in all zones (#Bryan Little)
I am starting to think trade deadline's are a good place to add long term assets for cheap.
Drama free is more fun
Demand is going to increase for Jets tickets (maybe slowly)
When did Samberg get so good
Where is @sipowicz
We will have a rough stretch still this season but the White Out will be fun.
Remember to enjoy the moment.
Best I have felt about the Jets since 2017-18
Chevy's best work as a GM

GJG

Feel you on this. Thank goodness my teaching semester will be over by the playoffs, if we go far I'll be getting up at any time necessary.

About to catch up on the game.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

First of all when you are #1 you will have people looking/writing/saying negative things about you.
As for Connor hurting the team which is a joke just take his last 5 games stats for proof … not counting the Ducks game where he got hurt.
3 goals, 2 assists plus 4 ... Jets were 3-2 but if you start from December when the Jets started this roll 3 goals 1 assist plus 3 ... Jets went 3-0.
Does that look like a liability?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad