Not open for further replies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
1000005574.jpg

(From the AP game recap)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I cant stand the thought of Ehlers not being part of this team. Chevy needs to keep him, just like he did with Helly and Scheifele.
I feel like you, and many other posters as well Bogo. Chevy is no dummy, and knows good value, and I predict they sign Ehlers in and around the $ 7.5 mil range, and maybe as high as $ 8 mil, depending on his production at seasons end.

Apparently the Leafs are close to signing Nylander, ( Ehlers type player) in and around the $ 11 mil mark. What does that make Ehlers worth ?? Very similar fast players, but Nylander a bit better, and more consistent. Ehlers is close to him tho.

Reactions: KingBogo

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
8,000 to one Cup odds at season start.
It was slow going for the first few games, kind of like watching a westbound freight train pulling out of Symington Yards.
Now other teams are looking at the Jets coming at them, thinking “More like a Fright Train”.
‘Wish I’d dropped a few kopecks on the team to bring the Cup home back then.
;)
GJG!

.. 8,000 to 1? I need to get in touch with your bookie :P but yes, they have definitely been criminally underrated on the various tote boards and still are. Moneypuck still only has us at 10th place with 5.5% to win the cup. Fine by me. I like what I’m seeing :)

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I don't know whether they will be able to maintain this level or not. You expect some ups and downs. But they look like a dry spell will not get them off their game. If they have a losing streak it will be short. They have learned what it takes to win and they will get back to it.
I can't see them maintaining this insane level. But I agree with you that they look like a dry spell will not get them off their game. The team this year is no longer put off by being scored on first. They simply stay on their game because they know they're going to come back and win.

A loss is coming (hello, Chicago?) and maybe a dry streak or two but these guys have all bought into Bones' system and a 2 or three game losing strip won't affect them mentally.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Took time for Ehlers to get healthy and get up to speed his training camp was late, now you see what he can do the speed is back and the playmaking alive and well. Every other team in the league would take him in a heartbeat.
I gotta say, I was worried that his sports hernia was going to limit him going forward but he looks just like our dear Nikky of old.

55 was really strong last night and Vilardi is showing signs of life again too. Looks like the mini malaise is over for them.

Even the pp looked good. If the Jets keep doing that there may be hope for it after all.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sawyer said probably the most poignant thing tonight.

"Ehlers is like velcro; prickly on one side and soft on the other. Put it together and it just sticks."

Amazing.
Sawyer has grown a bit, he does say some insightful things from time to time and he's a little bit less in the Jets Dickson the whole broadcast.

Also, SHUT UP SAWYER!

The camera panned to Chevy vigorously scribbling things down at the Mullett tonight, was he in California, too? Maybe scouting deadline pickups early?
Soduku

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I cant stand the thought of Ehlers not being part of this team. Chevy needs to keep him, just like he did with Helly and Scheifele.

Darn yarn.

I'm with you. So slick offensively and relentless on D. He's been brilliant, as have the whole team for the most part.

I'm still about 16 games behind the rest of you over here in the snow-blind and rain-sodden UK, but really enjoying what I'm watching. What a machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad