Post-Game Talk: Jets wagon rolls on. Jets win 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I could watch that everyday all day. :nod:
I'm going to watch the game tonight, unless my roomie has accidentally sabotaged the PVR. Again.

It sounds like I missed a really great game but I had a fabulous time at Girls Nite. So so many horrible dresses and fashion victims to make fun of, so many delicious men to drool over. This morning I have a hangover, persistent bloat, a mouth like a salt mine, and I'm retaining water like crazy. But it was worth it.

And devoting a couple of hours to watching my team exterminate coyotes will be worth it!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm going to watch the game tonight, unless my roomie has accidentally sabotaged the PVR. Again.

It sounds like I missed a really great game but I had a fabulous time at Girls Nite. So so many horrible dresses and fashion victims to make fun of, so many delicious men to drool over. This morning I have a hangover, persistent bloat, a mouth like a salt mine, and I'm retaining water like crazy. But it was worth it.

And devoting a couple of hours to watching my team exterminate coyotes will be worth it!
Sounds like you guys had fun.:laugh:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

It will! Fantastic display by the jets.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Still pissed about the scorekeeper at last night's game not giving Perfetti an assist on Vlad goal and not crediting Nino and Morrissey on the Perfetti goal. Those are counted as assists at any normal game. Quite a hardass scorekeeper in Phoenix.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Still pissed about the scorekeeper at last night's game not giving Perfetti an assist on Vlad goal and not crediting Nino and Morrissey on the Perfetti goal. Those are counted as assist at any normal game. Quite a hardass scorekeeper in Phoenix.

It wasn't the score keeper, it was the league office that reviewed and changed Perfetti’s goal. Gunther knocked Cole's in so they got that one right.

They also got the Name one right imo as the Arizona player knocked the puck into the middle of the ice to Name. Cole just forced him into a bad play.

I really didn't have an issue on the scoring of either of those goals.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It wasn't the score keeper, it was the league office that reviewed and changed Perfetti’s goal. Gunther knocked Cole's in so they got that one right.

They also got the Name one right imo as the Arizona player knocked the puck into the middle of the ice to Name. Cole just forced him into a bad play.

I really didn't have an issue on the scoring of either of those goals.

I don't know man, I have seen the scoring on such goals go the other way. The Names goal is more clear cut to me, in that Durzi never had control of the puck, the possession was going back and forth between him and Perfetti so it shouldn't count as a "turnover" as Durzi never had control of the puck.

The Perfetti goal there's more gray area so I can see it both ways but in the replays it seemed to me that Nino's stick was involved with touching the puck even if the AZ player also pushed it in. And Nino seemed to claim the goal in the celebration which he wouldn't do if he wasn't sure it was his stick.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Still pissed about the scorekeeper at last night's game not giving Perfetti an assist on Vlad goal and not crediting Nino and Morrissey on the Perfetti goal. Those are counted as assists at any normal game. Quite a hardass scorekeeper in Phoenix.
Even worse when you have bet on players getting an assist. No more NHL betting for me for awhile. Was robbed!

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Sounds like you guys had fun.:laugh:

Yes, we had a lot of fun. Unlike the poor creature in your video. Getting 5 women together with all sorts of charcuterie, way too much wine and SEVEN different kinds of popcorn, to say nothing of hundreds of celebrities at least half of whom are badly/hilariously dressed, is a recipe for a fabulous evening.

My physical discomforts from this morning have moved on and I'm ready to go home soon and watch the Arizona game. Knowing the outcome of the game is fine when it's a good one; I don't mind being deprived of the nervous excitement and tightness in the stomach of a live game.

Although we can all use tighter stomachs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
All goals get reviewed for any point changes in the days after the game. That is why you never give out money if your running a hockey draft until all recalibrations have been done. Usually there are a couple point changes every week across the league. They just don't get advertised.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes, we had a lot of fun. Unlike the poor creature in your video. Getting 5 women together with all sorts of charcuterie, way too much wine and SEVEN different kinds of popcorn, to say nothing of hundreds of celebrities at least half of whom are badly/hilariously dressed, is a recipe for a fabulous evening.

My physical discomforts from this morning have moved on and I'm ready to go home soon and watch the Arizona game. Knowing the outcome of the game is fine when it's a good one; I don't mind being deprived of the nervous excitement and tightness in the stomach of a live game.

Although we can all use tighter stomachs.
7 different kinds of popcorn plus alcohol? No wonder you were parched today.:laugh:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
First of all when you are #1 you will have people looking/writing/saying negative things about you.
As for Connor hurting the team which is a joke just take his last 5 games stats for proof … not counting the Ducks game where he got hurt.
3 goals, 2 assists plus 4 ... Jets were 3-2 but if you start from December when the Jets started this roll 3 goals 1 assist plus 3 ... Jets went 3-0.
Does that look like a liability?
It's not that Connor hurts the team...it's just that he doesn't help much at 5v5 - and he gets awarded a lot of prime 1st line 5v5 minutes. He's a good contributor/finisher on the powerplay. He's actually okay on the PK too, but Bones has phased him out of playing much there.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It's not that Connor hurts the team...it's just that he doesn't help much at 5v5 - and he gets awarded a lot of prime 1st line 5v5 minutes. He's a good contributor/finisher on the powerplay. He's actually okay on the PK too, but Bones has phased him out of playing much there.
I’m hoping that Connor doesn’t go back on the first line with Scheifele.
We all knew that Scheifele could be passable defensively if he wanted to, but I’ve never seen that in Connor.
He’s lost in the defensive zone. Maybe not for lack of trying but he needs to be insulated on the second line.
We need that first line to stay a plus line. It’s been a long time since it has been and we shouldn’t mess with it.
Plus I wouldn’t mind seeing Perfetti set him up all day. That being said, the third guy on that line better be really strong (Names?).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad