GDT: Jets vs Wings (Mar-2nd, 7pm) - Banana in the tailpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Do people think we'd be better off with Poolman in the lineup over Morrow? (Contracts / status aside)

Hard to say because we haven't been able to see a lot of either, but my feeling is that we'd be better with Chariot - Poolman over Morrow - Chariot. But that's mainly my eye test talking and I've liked Poolman in his little action.

That being said, with Enstrom close to being back, I'm ok with them having Poolman play on the Moose at the present time.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
During the discussion of the Stastny trade, Paul MacLean made a good point about how the Jets respond to "stubbing their toe" in the Playoffs.

After blowing two, 2 goal leads on Tuesday, I am interested to see how the Jets respond tonight.

Maclean's comments at 4 min 05 sec.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Maurice has an odd habit of playing "hunches" based on previous events, with the somewhat illogical view that history repeats itself.

My guess is that Tanev gets into the line-up against the Wings, if he's healthy, because he scored a couple of goals against them once. That's a very Maurice sort of move.
I'd love to see Tanev in. He makes us all that much harder to play against.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Hard to say because we haven't been able to see a lot of either, but my feeling is that we'd be better with Chariot - Poolman over Morrow - Chariot. But that's mainly my eye test talking and I've liked Poolman in his little action.

That being said, with Enstrom close to being back, I'm ok with them having Poolman play on the Moose at the present time.

I think they need to split Kulikov-Myers and it’s probably easier to do that with Poolman vs all the lefties with Enstrom out.

Morrow-Myers could be a reasonable pairing if they don’t get stuck in their end.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wish he was getting a break tonight....
I don't mind him playing tonight, especially after a couple days off. HOWEVER, we really need to start giving him a few more days off in the last 18. Not only to give him rest, but to get him some practice, and get Mason or whomever some playing time.

If we go into the playoffs with a backup who has played twice in 2018 we are going to fail.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
tonights a game. i expext laine to have like 3+2 but then again just a guess...not knowing will stastny and ehlesr and them work. i dont knoiw you dont know....but what i propably know is laines line propably play around 12 min again. and wheelesr sheifele o Connor play around 25 min.

still possible to get huge result of 12 min playingtime but not to expecting anything shoould be say

avgard hockeyprfessor

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's fun to snipe at Hendricks, and Maurice for liking Hendricks, but how do we deal with the fact that by most metrics Hendricks has been pretty effective 5v5 this season...

Points / 60 = 1.99 (7th on the Jets... 3rd in primary points per 60)
RelCF% ahead of Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler, Petan, Connor, Roslovic...

Of course, I'd prefer Armia or Petan in the line-up, but I have to grudgingly admit that Hendricks has been better than I expected this season.

I have to grudgingly agree - but he is still too slow.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know, still think Dano or Lemieux would give the Jets more than what Hendricks brings, should have seperated Lowry and Copp and let both centre, obviously you can't now. Hendricks isn't anything special on the PK or the faceoff circle and really is too slow to do much. That being said I like Hendricks (it's hard not to) because he embodies everyone who played hockey and dreamed of going further, his love for the game is second to none and he doesn't take his spot for granted.

He is Rocky Balboa. :laugh:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
All of our Star players are starting a winning streak tonight!

tenor.gif

minion5.gif

Go:jetsGo

111111aaaa111tumblr_of79hpCyLJ1velg96o5_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Just did a search on you avgard or are you avgaurd...

AvGard® TSP

Company:

DuPont Danisco

AvGard® TSP is an antimicrobial that inhibits the growth of Salmonella and E. Coli. This product is most commonly used in raw poultry applications.

What is avguard.exe? Is avguard.exe spyware or a virus?

How to fix avguard.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your avguard process

"avguard.exe" is part of H+BEDV"s AntiVir antivirus product. If you are using this product to protect your system, you should leave this process alone.
space.gif
:laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I imagine the Jets will keep Hutch up the rest of the year too, as cover for Mason and his concussion issues.

I think once Mason is good to go he's back with the Moose. Maybe even in a few days. He can always be emergency recalled if we get a goalie injury

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I imagine the Jets will keep Hutch up the rest of the year too, as cover for Mason and his concussion issues.

I believe that Hutch is up on emergency recall and has to be sent back down as soon as Mason is activated to avoid waivers (or something like that).
If they keep him up they would have to send someone else down and if they ever did send Hutch down he would be exposed.

I may be off on that but I think I have it right (without digging for answers).

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I have to grudgingly agree - but he is still too slow.
I am WAY more concerned about Morrow the speedy error prone defender. Slow Hendricks plays a low mistake/event game. Morrow seems more like a hand grenade wih the pin hangng by a thread.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I believe that Hutch is up on emergency recall and has to be sent back down as soon as Mason is activated to avoid waivers (or something like that).
If they keep him up they would have to send someone else down and if they ever did send Hutch down he would be exposed.

I may be off on that but I think I have it right (without digging for answers).

Hutch was originally an emergency recall that is correct. To be an emergency recall the team
Must be down to one goalie on the NHL roster. His first recall met the criteria.

However the Jets then recalled Phillips and sent Hutch back to the Moose so he could play in the ASG. At that point his emergency recall ended.

When Hutch was recalled after the ASG the Jets had two goalies on the roster Helle & Comrie. That recall does not meet the emergency recall criteria. His recall was by choice.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am WAY more concerned about Morrow the speedy error prone defender. Slow Hendricks plays a low mistake/event game. Morrow seems more like a hand grenade wih the pin hangng by a thread.

Was not impressed by Morrow last game. Unfortunately, he looked exactly like I had expected him to. Hope he is better against DRW - and that Toby is back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad