GDT: Jets vs Wings (Mar-2nd, 7pm) - Banana in the tailpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I still have a bit of trouble believing Hendricks will be part of a healthy playoff roster.

I probably shouldn't because I know better. Maybe just being willfully naive.

With Lowry and Tanev back who else do you take out?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's fun to snipe at Hendricks, and Maurice for liking Hendricks, but how do we deal with the fact that by most metrics Hendricks has been pretty effective 5v5 this season...

Points / 60 = 1.99 (7th on the Jets... 3rd in primary points per 60)
RelCF% ahead of Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler, Petan, Connor, Roslovic...

Of course, I'd prefer Armia or Petan in the line-up, but I have to grudgingly admit that Hendricks has been better than I expected this season.
If you remove his time with Perreault (the high tide who raises all boats), he's been less than effective by most measures.

Even killing penalties the team has been better off when he's not on the ice (far, far better off the last 40 games).

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
With Lowry and Tanev back who else do you take out?
Well nobody, I think it's him. That's what I was saying but was also saying I could be naive about it. Of it's not him it's Tanev or Armia, the latter of which would be a crime imo.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I actually think Armia could use a game off. He's easily one of my favorite players, but he needs a jump start. Not sure if he's playing through something, but he's not been as effective as he can be. A game in the press box might actually motivate him a bit and get him going, or allow whatever is bothering him an extra day or two's rest. Healthy lineup though, he's got to be in there.

Reactions: mondo3

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well nobody, I think it's him. That's what I was saying but was also saying I could be naive about it. Of it's not him it's Tanev or Armia, the latter of which would be a crime imo.
I agree but i gotta say Hendricks has really made me think he wouldn't really hurt us by being in the lineup . He goes all out for 20 or 30 seconds and then races off the ice , i like that about him . plus look what happened when he left the Oilers , they fell apart . :naughty:

Reactions: Ducky10

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
"Is this the man who... WRE-ECKED the BUFFET!"

Axel Foley: [mockingly] Is this the man who... wrecked the buffet at the Harrow club this morning?
Taggart: Lower your voice, for ******'s sake.
Axel Foley: What, can the guy hear me through the wall?
Everyone: Yes, he can.

(What's sad, is I did this all from memory :laugh:)

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I actually think Armia could use a game off. He's easily one of my favorite players, but he needs a jump start. Not sure if he's playing through something, but he's not been as effective as he can be. A game in the press box might actually motivate him a bit and get him going, or allow whatever is bothering him an extra day or two's rest. Healthy lineup though, he's got to be in there.
I'm not sure if scratching him after good and completely flawless game is big motivator. There's nothing wrong with his effort level or how he has been playing lately. Of course he's not been as effective as he can be. Take a look where and with whom he's playing with.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's probably a bit early yet but I can see the team scratching players and rotating out of the PB down the stretch to heal minor stuff and keep everybody fresh and ready.

Maybe the last ten games or so

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Mason (talking about concussion, going to play for Moose) & Ehlers.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Keeping the Stastny line intact? What does he call the Stastny line (i.e. not really a third line)? How does he see using that line and how does he expect other teams to play them? Is he not married to this combo? Is his philosophy that he needs to settle on a line before playoffs or is it fluid? What has he liked from Joe Morrow? On being able to have the depth of a Joe Morrow. Is he surprised that they went back to get Joe Morrow considering he said no to the club. What are the attributes of Stastny's game that he would like Ehlers and Laine to learn?

To listen click here.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
That truly is pathetic, is Hendricks Mo's good luck charm, is he the Buff whisperer does he have something on Maurice? The lineup is immediately better with Tanev in and Hendricks out!

Hope we see good Helly tonight and not his evil twin Hellysuck!

Little and Perreault need a strong do-over from the Preds game.

Is this the game Armia is found after going LOST on the ice for the past 10 games? Story of Armia's career sadly stretches of good play where he almost looks top 6 followed by the disappearing act for long stretches! Hey Joel punch the code:
4 8 15 16 23 42
OH Armia IS playing

Reactions: sipowicz

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm not sure if scratching him after good and completely flawless game is big motivator. There's nothing wrong with his effort level or how he has been playing lately. Of course he's not been as effective as he can be. Take a look where and with whom he's playing with.

There's definitely been a difference in his play and we can't pin it all on his linemates. When healthy and playing well if Armia is near the puck... it's his puck. He wins the VAST majority of his board battles and looks dominant doing it. Over the recent stretch he hasn't looked like this. His linemates impact his results for sure but where I see the difference is in his inability to dominate the boards the way he has.

A healthy Armia can practically carry a 4th line and be great on a shut down line. A knicked up Armia is just an average or less bottom 6'er.

Reactions: Saintb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino