GDT: Jets vs Wings (Mar-2nd, 7pm) - Banana in the tailpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Hope Little and Myers are both feeling better, and Morrow is feeling a little more comfortable and rested after being with the team for a few days now.

Also looking forward to seeing the growth of the ESL line.

Detroit is a very fast team, luckily we are too, but we need to be ready to go!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
upload_2018-3-2_9-13-7.jpeg

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Thanks. Some have said that Joel hasn't been playing so good lately, even suggestions of a nagging injury have been out. But great to see he's playing.
That tweet is few days old. So I'm not yea convinced he's playing. Weird that there's no info though why the - I guess - the most official source we have has Tanev and Hendricks playing over him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That tweet is few days old. So I'm not yea convinced he's playing. Weird that there's no info though why the - I guess - the most official source we have has Tanev and Hendricks playing over him.

That was from yesterday's practice. It was reported Dano & Tanev were the extra forwards.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

From the sounds of Beyak this morning on the radio, Hendricks isn't coming out for anyone. Tanev/Armia/Copp (once Lowry is back) may depend on the type of game anticipated.

Hard to believe that once healthy, we are at the point of sitting one of them.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
From the sounds of Beyak this morning on the radio, Hendricks isn't coming out for anyone. Tanev/Armia/Copp (once Lowry is back) may depend on the type of game anticipated.

Not until Lowry is healthy at least.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Scratching him would be a big ****ing joke.

TSN 1290 made it sound like Tanev was skating on his line. Many have wondered if Joel had been playing with a banged up leg. If they had sat him I would have assumed it was to heal him up for the stretch drive. A few games off (IF he needed it) would be good to get him back to 100%. But if he's not hurt then yes he should play!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maurice has an odd habit of playing "hunches" based on previous events, with the somewhat illogical view that history repeats itself.

My guess is that Tanev gets into the line-up against the Wings, if he's healthy, because he scored a couple of goals against them once. That's a very Maurice sort of move.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

That truly is pathetic, is Hendricks Mo's good luck charm, is he the Buff whisperer does he have something on Maurice? The lineup is immediately better with Tanev in and Hendricks out!

Hope we see good Helly tonight and not his evil twin Hellysuck!

Little and Perreault need a strong do-over from the Preds game.

Is this the game Armia is found after going LOST on the ice for the past 10 games? Story of Armia's career sadly stretches of good play where he almost looks top 6 followed by the disappearing act for long stretches! Hey Joel punch the code:
4 8 15 16 23 42

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyeseeing

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Maurice has an odd habit of playing "hunches" based on previous events, with the somewhat illogical view that history repeats itself.

My guess is that Tanev gets into the line-up against the Wings, if he's healthy, because he scored a couple of goals against them once. That's a very Maurice sort of move.

Remember Mo's fable that he once told a few seasons back, "I don't like to sit guys too long" Dano, Poolman and others say sure coach, tell us another one.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Glad PoMo is keeping the lines - Was afraid he was going to start messing with ESL 2.0, after what he said.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That truly is pathetic, is Hendricks Mo's good luck charm, is he the Buff whisperer does he have something on Maurice? The lineup is immediately better with Tanev in and Hendricks out!

Hope we see good Helly tonight and not his evil twin Hellysuck!

Little and Perreault need a strong do-over from the Preds game.
It's fun to snipe at Hendricks, and Maurice for liking Hendricks, but how do we deal with the fact that by most metrics Hendricks has been pretty effective 5v5 this season...

Points / 60 = 1.99 (7th on the Jets... 3rd in primary points per 60)
RelCF% ahead of Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler, Petan, Connor, Roslovic...

Of course, I'd prefer Armia or Petan in the line-up, but I have to grudgingly admit that Hendricks has been better than I expected this season.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Agte
It's fun to snipe at Hendricks, and Maurice for liking Hendricks, but how do we deal with the fact that by most metrics Hendricks has been pretty effective 5v5 this season...

Of course, I'd prefer Armia or Petan in the line-up, but I have to grudgingly admit that Hendricks has been better than I expected this season.
Agreed, I like to rag on Hendricks for his beer league skating ability and overall eye test failure but he is an endearing player and has proved me pretty wrong.

They can still do better but that has nothing to do with Hendricks.

Reactions: Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

I don't know, still think Dano or Lemieux would give the Jets more than what Hendricks brings, should have seperated Lowry and Copp and let both centre, obviously you can't now. Hendricks isn't anything special on the PK or the faceoff circle and really is too slow to do much. That being said I like Hendricks (it's hard not to) because he embodies everyone who played hockey and dreamed of going further, his love for the game is second to none and he doesn't take his spot for granted.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I still have a bit of trouble believing Hendricks will be part of a healthy playoff roster.

I probably shouldn't because I know better. Maybe just being willfully naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad