Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
please-do-not-disturb-door-hanger-glitter.gif
3cf9b397737e42dcfa9fa5be48ae019e.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think new York would have asked themselves 7 years ago when they let the team back to Winnipeg are we ok if they win the cup. my guess is if the answer was no they wouldn't have let them back. no one is sitting there plotting against the Canadian teams.
Ha! So you are saying the NHL head office is sitting there, looking at the bracket - Pittsburgh, San Jose, Vegas, Nashville, Tampa, Boston and WINNIPEG and are saying 'Yep, I think it'd be great for us if WINNIPEG wins the cup?'

Don't be naive. PS after all of the shady shit the NHL and Bettman does/ have done, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
The lot between WCB and East India Company (across from the convention Centre) always has spots and doesn’t take too long to exit. It’s less than a 10 minute walk to the arena. I don’t know their rates.
OMFG I miss that restaurant!

Anyways, I got a feeling this one could get outta hand. Preds'll be pissed and trying to get to Bucky. Need lotsa controlled aggression for this one.

upload_2018-4-29_9-17-32.png

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I am thinking this one will look a little more like everyone expected. More physical play and some hate developing. Last game was not even as physical and intense as our regular season games against them. Was surprised how tame it was

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I am thinking this one will look a little more like everyone expected. More physical play and some hate developing. Last game was not even as physical and intense as our regular season games against them. Was surprised how tame it was
I agree ... maybe they did not want to give the Jets any PPs.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

This for sure -
Lot more penalties coming in this game - Xchecking and slashing all night long.
The front of the net is going to be ugly - Our D will need to bring an attitude to this one.
And expect a different Subban - he's going to be at his worst.
Ref's will be expecting a rough game - don't be surprised if they call a tight one.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
This for sure -
Lot more penalties coming in this game - Xchecking and slashing all night long.
The front of the net is going to be ugly - Our D will need to bring an attitude to this one.
And expect a different Subban - he's going to be at his worst.
Ref's will be expecting a rough game - don't be surprised if they call a tight one.
As long as they call it the same for both teams I'm ok with it. None of this crap weak calls on the Jets and strangely nothing on Nashville.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Big game tonight. For those who like stats:
The winner of game 1 in a playoff series is (465 - 210) for a 68.9 % win percentage.
Winner of game 1 on the road is (138 - 106) 56.6%.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Agree with consensus about the game getting nasty. Hopefully they are too busy trying (and failing) to throw Hellebuyck off his game that we can take an early lead again. Having the lead early in the last game got in their heads.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Agree with consensus about the game getting nasty. Hopefully they are too busy trying (and failing) to throw Hellebuyck off his game that we can take an early lead again. Having the lead early in the last game got in their heads.
It’s the only way that the preds can win. Goon it up or lose.

I feel that the jets win again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2