GDT: Jets vs Panthers - BB & T Center - Dec 7 6:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Going to be a tough match-up because the only offensive 5v5 line of the Jets are going to be facing the Barkov line.

Panthers need to take penalties and the goaltending needs to be elite to win this, I'd wager.
Nah, Ehlers and Tanev just need to keep skating and pulling penalties and Laine just needs to keep scoring on the PP.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
This is a game we really should win. If we are a for real top of the division team, winning games like this is the way to prove it.

GO JETS GO

CONNOR SCHEIF WHEELS get 9 points
LLE for 3
and a gaol for MP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So I guess we'll see quite a bit of Barkov vs Scheifele?

IMG_0230.jpg

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I think we come out pistols blazing after the other night. We haven't tucked tail much after a loss this season, so I think they'll be fired up.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Bucky may be regressing. 4 of his last 5 starts have had sub-par SV%. And M. T. Net could have shut out the Sens.

Yup. How long until Maurice figures it out as well. We have been discussing the need to break Helle's 65-70 game pace before he starts to regress for a while now. Now he is regressing. Come on, man. If there is a game for Comrie, this is it. Bite the bullet. Put him in. 'Coach' the team around him to play tight defensively to help him out.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Bet365 has this one a lot closer than I would have thought - Jets pay 1.83:1 and the Panthers pay 2:1.

Jets -2.5 are paying 5:1. If the Jets bounce back like they have after some prior losses that might be a good bet.

m.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Yup. How long until Maurice figures it out as well. We have been discussing the need to break Helle's 65-70 game pace before he starts to regress for a while now. Now he is regressing. Come on, man. If there is a game for Comrie, this is it. Bite the bullet. Put him in. 'Coach' the team around him to play tight defensively to help him out.

I've been worried about Hellebuyck all season; not because I think he's a bad goalie but we've seen nice long stretches of solid goaltending in the past but at some point other teams have figured out ways to beat our goalies. I remember in 2014-15 when Hutchinson was at the top of ever NHL league leader list and he looked unbeatable. Then Flaherty's efforts really kicked in and Hutch regressed to Pavelecian levels of failure.

m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad