Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
would laba be an UFA in 2025? his first eligible draft year was 2021.

No, 2026. This upcoming year is his junior year. Players in the NCAA become UFA when they leave college and don't sign with the team that drafted them. That would be on August 15th of that year.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Prospect activity dwindling,
after tonight just 2 amateurs active
(and Pack season may end by Sunday, if they can't sweep next 2 games in Charlotte)

Roobroeck next series begins tonight
Eastern Conference Championship Series
(1) Oshawa Generals vs. (2) North Bay Battalion
Game 1 – Friday, April 26 at Oshawa, 7:35pm
Game 2 – Sunday, April 28 at Oshawa, 6:05pm
Game 3 – Monday, April 29 at North Bay, 7:00pm
Game 4 – Wednesday, May 1 at North Bay, 7:00pm
Game 5 – Friday, May 3 at Oshawa, 7:35pm*
Game 6 – Sunday, May 5 at North Bay, 2:00pm*
Game 7 – Monday, May 6 at Oshawa, 7:05pm*
*- if necessary

USHL season will end for either Larsson or Henricks tonight
#2 Muskegon vs. #3 Green Bay
Game 1: Green Bay 4, Muskegon 3 (Saturday, April 20 at 7:10 p.m. EST)
Game 2: Muskegon 4, Green Bay 1 (Sunday, April 21 at 3:10 p.m. EST)
Game 3: Muskegon 2, Green Bay 0 (Tuesday, April 23 at 7:05 p.m. CST)
Game 4*: Green Bay 2, Muskegon 1 (Wednesday, April 24 at 7:05 p.m. CST)
Game 5*: Green Bay at Muskegon (Friday, April 26 at 7:10 p.m. EST)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
USHL season will end for either Larsson or Henricks tonight
#2 Muskegon vs. #3 Green Bay
Game 1: Green Bay 4, Muskegon 3 (Saturday, April 20 at 7:10 p.m. EST)
Game 2: Muskegon 4, Green Bay 1 (Sunday, April 21 at 3:10 p.m. EST)
Game 3: Muskegon 2, Green Bay 0 (Tuesday, April 23 at 7:05 p.m. CST)
Game 4*: Green Bay 2, Muskegon 1 (Wednesday, April 24 at 7:05 p.m. CST)
Game 5*: Green Bay at Muskegon (Friday, April 26 at 7:10 p.m. EST)
Henricks/Muskegon won deciding game 5 in 2OT
hadn't noticed before, but Larsson was not in lineup for game 4, or game 5

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Henricks/Muskegon won deciding game 5 in 2OT
hadn't noticed before, but Larsson was not in lineup for game 4, or game 5
I thought both players had potential when we drafted them, but neither has distinguished himself in the USHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I thought both players had potential when we drafted them, but neither has distinguished himself in the USHL.

They're both long term projects and they both start college next year and it's probably going to take them a couple years anyway to become important players on their respective teams....that's if they do at all. They both have size and I remember Henricks being one of the stars in the first scrimmage of the post draft development camp. He scored two goals. If I remember he was one of the youngest players taken in last year's draft. Larsson OTOH was taken in his second year of eligibility.

Reactions: GAGLine

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They're both long term projects and they both start college next year and it's probably going to take them a couple years anyway to become important players on their respective teams....that's if they do at all. They both have size and I remember Henricks being one of the stars in the first scrimmage of the post draft development camp. He scored two goals. If I remember he was one of the youngest players taken in last year's draft. Larsson OTOH was taken in his second year of eligibility.
Yeah, Henricks' showing in the development camp was one of the reasons I had hopes for him, but he hasn't had the growth statistically this year that I was hoping for. As you said, he's still really young, so he has time to figure it out.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Berard and Pageau can absolutely be compared, but it requires a more nuanced analysis than simply suggesting that they are similar. In what ways are they similar? In what ways do they differ? We can't determine if one player is a good comparison for another unless we break each player down and compare like to like. Skating, vision, IQ, toughness, compete level, size, attitude, etc.

Is Pageau a good comparison for Berard? I have no idea. They are both smaller players, but that's just the low-hanging fruit. I would need to actually watch Pageau and identify his strengths and weaknesses to make a valid comparison between them.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
the idea for berard pageau comp is: smaller players, speedy, strong for their size with good understanding of how to use inside position to possess the puck and create turnovers, unafraid of the corners and especially of net front, enough skill to score from the dots in, good IQ/understanding of the game but not great vision, good instincts for finding pockets of open ice, PP2 ceiling potential, generally a pest, in scrums and around the net, elite compete.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Berard and Pageau can absolutely be compared, but it requires a more nuanced analysis than simply suggesting that they are similar. In what ways are they similar? In what ways do they differ? We can't determine if one player is a good comparison for another unless we break each player down and compare like to like. Skating, vision, IQ, toughness, compete level, size, attitude, etc.

Is Pageau a good comparison for Berard? I have no idea. They are both smaller players, but that's just the low-hanging fruit. I would need to actually watch Pageau and identify his strengths and weaknesses to make a valid comparison between them.
Yeah. Have no problem comparing Gabe Perrault with Fox. Because despite playing completely different positions, their elite skills are in the same areas.

Hodes42

Mar 26, 2024
I was looking at OHL stats and saw that the 4th heaviest player is Sam Alfano. I remember seeing him on the training camp roster but my crummy search skills haven’t been able to turn up much Ranger-related. Is he still in the system?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I was looking at OHL stats and saw that the 4th heaviest player is Sam Alfano. I remember seeing him on the training camp roster but my crummy search skills haven’t been able to turn up much Ranger-related. Is he still in the system?
He was just a camp invite. He was never drafted/signed by the Rangers.

Reactions: Hodes42

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Seems a pretty easy playoff run for Oshawa this year.

They were the top team in their conference (barely, North Bay was right behind them so them being up 3-0 is a bit of a surprise.)

London is a heavy favorite to win the O. They just lost their first game of the playoffs tonight and lead their series 2-1.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The trade can work out for both teams. It doesn't need to be a win/lose or black/white ending. Colorado got a suitable starter at a reasonable cap hit. The Rangers got (3) picks for a back-up goalie who has some screws loose.

It worked out

Yeah. This has win-win potential. I just don't see Georgiev lasting very long in Colorado because he's already involved in multiple shouting matches, and his performance is so-so.

Reactions: bhamill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad