GDT: Jets vs Hurricanes - 10/13 7PM - Debut of Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
In all seriousness, though, I don't think Laine is going to have much impact this season because he still needs to transition to the North American style of play. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the Jets picked him and he has a lot of hockey skill sets but I think he's going to be jittery the beginning part of this season.

Nah he's scoring 5 goals tonight.......in 5 ways .

Only been done by the Great Super Mario.

Seriously .. Almost all the Jets fans know what to expect from Laine this year.
He will do just fine...
He will get his goals.
He will go 4-5 games without scoring a goal, multiple times.

But who knows,

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Aavco cup banners hanging instead of the Moose banners that were up there previously.

This was my reaction when I saw those banners!

the-ultimate-warrior-head-shaking-gif-james-brian.gif

Well done True North! :handclap:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Why? Because I speak the truth more than a lot of people here? Laine is going to be a very good player and he will have a very fruitful career. But let's get real here: he is no Stamkos, Tavares, McDavid, Eichel, or Matthews. All those players are accustomed to the North American game. Laine is not. It will take some time for this kid to get used to the style of play here. In fact, he is also no Sundin, Jagr, or Ovechkin in terms of immediately getting the ball rolling for the Jets.

I'm guessing he will be a 40-45 point getter this season. We have to wait several years before he reaches the 70-85 point mark.

Pump the brakes. This reminds of the time when you said...........

scheif.jpg

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=75201583&highlight=leafster7+scheifele#post75201583

Last edited:

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Nah he's scoring 5 goals tonight.......in 5 ways .

Only been done by the Great Super Mario.

Seriously .. Almost all the Jets fans know what to expect from Laine this year.
He will do just fine...
He will get his goals.
He will go 4-5 games without scoring a goal, multiple times.

But who knows,

He's good but looking at his game during the World Cup this summer and the pre-season he seemed kind of timid out there. I don't know if it is the pressure or just not getting used to the environment. He'll be fine but I think we need more patience. Selanne was delayed by four seasons from his draft year before he put on the skates for the old Jets.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
He's good but looking at his game during the World Cup this summer and the pre-season he seemed kind of timid out there. I don't know if it is the pressure or just not getting used to the environment. He'll be fine but I think we need more patience. Selanne was delayed by four seasons from his draft year before he put on the skates for the old Jets.

So you're comparing him to Selannenow are you :)

So with Laine having 4 years extra seasoning in the NHL a compare to Selanne.
Does it mean Laine will score 76 goals in his 5th year? :)

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Why? Because I speak the truth more than a lot of people here? Laine is going to be a very good player and he will have a very fruitful career. But let's get real here: he is no Stamkos, Tavares, McDavid, Eichel, or Matthews. All those players are accustomed to the North American game. Laine is not. It will take some time for this kid to get used to the style of play here. In fact, he is also no Sundin, Jagr, or Ovechkin in terms of immediately getting the ball rolling for the Jets.

I'm guessing he will be a 40-45 point getter this season. We have to wait several years before he reaches the 70-85 point mark.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Sundin and Jagr all had 45-59 point rookie seasons.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
This is amazing.

I REALLY hope the Jets win tonight now. I don't want Maurice getting any ideas that he may have made a mistake with these changes.

I think Laine is going to be amazing, but I do think it may take him a little bit to transition to the NA game. Which is fine and understandable. He will be lighting up the league in no time though, I'm sure of it!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hope all the young guns do well tonight.

The team now it seems have the right mix of Vets
Wheeler, little, perrault, stafford, byfuglien, Enstrom, MYers
Plus as much as we don't want these 3 guys to play
Stuart, Thorburn and Pavi. They have been pros..

Unlike that right shot DMan, who'd rather lose 559,818,000 million in YEN by sitting 1 year.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

People like Craig Button and Corey Pronman think he can have an impact.I'm not sure what makes your opinion more valuable than theirs.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
My thoughts exactly.

Everyone has opinions, and take turns being right and wrong.

But don't act like an ass, say you speak more "truth" than others here, when you clearly didn't have a hot clue about Scheifele and went on and on about how bad of a pick it was.

Nailed It!

As for the game tonight, Jets win 5-2.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Because I don't think you know what Laine can and cannot do.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
that second line... Auch, poor Little, did he refuse choaches late night invites,??

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
What's with the hostility? I'm on the side of the Jets. Does everyone here really dislike Torontonians?

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm just having fun with you. We have lots of rookies with lots of potential, and we're all a little excited. :)

White Out 403*

Life is better with hockey. It makes our cold winters more tolerable and fills us all with a sense of hope and optimism.

The Jets are in year 6... and I hope the training wheels are off. I want playoffs. I hope to see Laine blossom and be a complete player. I hope to see Kyle Connor be in the Calder converstaion. I hope to win. I hope I can see Wheeler hold the cup over his head and pass it to Buff.

I hope.

GO JETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad