Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I hope the Jets are pump enough for number of reasons

New goalie ( well not really)
New captain
New assistant captain
3 new forwards
2 new defense ( well Postma is not new but..)
And what happened first night with the young guns , stealing the spot lights
Matthews and Mc David

And of course home opener for the Jets, will be rocking!!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
How I feel today ..

ownerfistpump.gif

You feel like wearing a white turtleneck? :sarcasm:

Daviddd

Oct 9, 2016
No Matthias isn't going to be staying on the second line, whoever plays better for the next week or two between Laine and Connor will most likely move into that slot.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Should be able to keep Connor & Laine away from top pair D this way. Good way to introduce them to the league

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
That's the thing about depth right? Having 3 (4 even?) lines that can actually do damage allows you to get some advantageous match-ups going...or at the very least means that you aren't constantly at a disadvantage with the match ups...

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Gameday!

Love that our season opener is at home. Seems moar...specialer.
Thankful it's not against a league powerhouse too.

Yesterday I was living the Aavco dream watching the practice. Aavco, I don't know how you do it. Things were happening so fast out there.

Sticking with the debut of new guys theme, here are some hot takes from 1 small sample sized, untrained eye, practice viewing.

Matthias. I know nothing about Matthias, but from my one up close and personal viewing I am thinking he is a shooter or trigger man. He seemed to always be the one to shoot or finish on his line rushes. I'll be watching for that tonight.

JMo. We all know he can skate. It is a thing of beauty to watch. He can pick his corners too. He sniped some beauty shots around the black tripod screener things top corner over the goalie.
At the end of practice Huddy had him walking the blue line backwards from the boards out, faking a shot and then rifling it on the net. Like dozens of times with a pile of pucks. Over and over. Just hope he hits the net more when it counts...

Laine. If we get at least 5 powerplays tonight he'll have a chance to upstage Matthews. He brings a lethal shot when he gets it off just right. I hope our speed causes the canes to start racking up the penalties tonight. Looking forward to the day it all clicks for him. ...kind of like Neo in the Matrix. Haha no pressure kid.

Connor. The kid can fly but his snap shot is spectacular to see. He had a pile of pucks on one of the end faceoff dots and was snapping shots at the net. No wind up and those pucks were blistering into the net. Consistent, accurate and ****ing hard. I Could barely track the puck from where I was. Hope to see that tonight.

I am so optimistic and fired up to see these news guys and for this team this season.
Other than that, I'll be there tonight to take it all in.
Hope it's a barn burner and they send the fans home happy.

tldr?
Score all the goals, take all the points!

Go:jetsGo!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Matthias. I know nothing about Matthias, but from my one up close and personal viewing I am thinking he is a shooter or trigger man. He seemed to always be the one to shoot or finish on his line rushes. I'll be watching for that tonight.

I will tell you that, by the numbers, he's a guy that will score a lot of 5v5 goals relative to his ice time, use his speed and body to bang on the forecheck, and pretty decent PK option.

His impact on shot metrics are not great, but not as poor as Stafford.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I will tell you that, by the numbers, he's a guy that will score a lot of 5v5 goals relative to his ice time, use his speed and body to bang on the forecheck, and pretty decent PK option.

His impact on shot metrics are not great, but not as poor as Stafford.

I can vouch for his speed. He surprised me by how fast he is. He also has a pretty wicked wrist shot. His speed will make space for Little and Stafford

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I'll take 2 points over being able to brag that the new rookie scored multiple goals in his new game.
Jets 3-2

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hoping for the rooks to have good games and to come out with the W.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Matthias with Little/Stafford seems a little weird, no? I guess the "third line" is the potential new second line.

I'll keep an open mind but it looks a bit ugly on paper. I feel like the best way to utilize Little may be to play him with Wheeler and one of the young guns. I know Blake and Scheif are magic but as the season progresses we may need to achieve a bit more balance in the top 9.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
For those who aren't going to the MTS Centre tonight, there's this

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I always loved that phrase. "Hope springs eternal".

Although to be honest it always sounded like the name of a golf tournament.

"And Tiger Woods leads the field by three strokes going into the last day here at the Hope Springs Eternal"

I always thought it was a great cemetery name!

I hope the game is streamed on TSNJets - we're in Washington DC and I doubt the local sports bars will have the Jets game on considering the Nationals are hosting the Dodgers for the deciding game in the NL divisional series.

If not, I guess I can stream the radio broadcast at least.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looking forward to the home opener and for the first time in 2.0 history I will be at home watching. Feels like the Jets haven't played a meaningful game for about 10 months.

Such a green team that anything can happen? I am not predicting the Jets will make the playoffs this season but I do think we are finally fielding a group of players that gives me "realistic" hope for the future. I look at this season as being a critical step on the path towards a team that may be able to contend. I am encouraged that I will no longer have to watch Pavs and that one of Peluso or Thro can only be in the lineup and we might actually have some games with neither.........baby steps.

Here is hoping we don't need tank threads but even if we do I vow to put all tank threads on ignore this season. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino