No Pav
No Thorburn
No Stuart

Is this real life?

RR also saying Stuart looks like a scratch

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So it doesn't look like Stuart is in the line-up tonight..

Pavelec to the AHL, Thorburn and Stuart healthy scratched...

I can't believe it.

Wow, can't say I expected that given Chariots poor camp but I'm impressed. Ben needs to take advantage of this. The great news no Stu on the PK :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So it doesn't look like Stuart is in the line-up tonight..

Pavelec to the AHL, Thorburn and Stuart healthy scratched...

I can't believe it.

I feel like I am in bizarro world.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
In all seriousness, though, I don't think Laine is going to have much impact this season because he still needs to transition to the North American style of play. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the Jets picked him and he has a lot of hockey skill sets but I think he's going to be jittery the beginning part of this season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
With Stuart a healthy scratch our slowest skaters are Lowry and Stafford

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I feel like I am in bizarro world.

No kidding!

So we go with questionable decisions for 5 years and then in a one week period the Jets go all sensible and rational on us?

Did they hold us back to get to a certain point and now they open the floodgates and let the team perform at their best?

WHAT'S GOING ON?????

:scared::scared::scared:

:popcorn:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
In all seriousness, though, I don't think Laine is going to have much impact this season because he still needs to transition to the North American style of play. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the Jets picked him and he has a lot of hockey skill sets but I think he's going to be jittery the beginning part of this season.

I'm completely content to let him learn and grow. He's shown that he's a very quick study, so I think it will happen fairly quickly, but the beginning will be a feeling out period I'm sure.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Most people including me think you are wrong

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Now that the Jets have cashed in on a 2OA, they are finally getting rid of the charade that they considered Stuart, Pavelec and Thorburn as being NHL calibre.

Clearly they were inconspicuously tanking all this time.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Now that the Jets have cashed in on a 2OA, they are finally getting rid of the charade that they considered Stuart, Pavelec and Thorburn as being NHL calibre.

Clearly they were inconspicuously tanking all this time.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I'm not completely offside with this thought.

It's like they are doing everything right all at once.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Most people including me think you are wrong

Why? Because I speak the truth more than a lot of people here? Laine is going to be a very good player and he will have a very fruitful career. But let's get real here: he is no Stamkos, Tavares, McDavid, Eichel, or Matthews. All those players are accustomed to the North American game. Laine is not. It will take some time for this kid to get used to the style of play here. In fact, he is also no Sundin, Jagr, or Ovechkin in terms of immediately getting the ball rolling for the Jets.

I'm guessing he will be a 40-45 point getter this season. We have to wait several years before he reaches the 70-85 point mark.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I'm not completely offside with this thought.

It's like they are doing everything right all at once.

so when do we sign two depth defenseman to send Stuart and Chiarot to the AHL?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Why? Because I speak the truth more than a lot of people here? Laine is going to be a very good player and he will have a very fruitful career. But let's get real here: he is no Stamkos, Tavares, McDavid, Eichel, or Matthews. All those players are accustomed to the North American game. Laine is not. It will take some time for this kid to get used to the style of play here. In fact, he is also no Sundin, Jagr, or Ovechkin in terms of immediately getting the ball rolling for the Jets.

I'm guessing he will be a 40-45 point getter this season. We have to wait several years before he reaches the 70-85 point mark.

I'm ok with an 85 point 20 year old :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad