GDT: Jets vs Blues (Feb-9th 7pm) - "Bohemian-style"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maurice for the first time admitted that Laine prefers to play on the left. Said he's a faster player on the right. Not putting Laine with 55 & 26 to get them going. It looked like s good idea in preseason but didn't love it. Just likes PLE too much to f*** with that line

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Maurice for the first time admitted that Laine prefers to play on the left. Said he's a faster player on the right. Not putting Laine with 55 & 26 to get them going. It looked like s good idea in preseason but didn't love it. Just likes PLE too much to **** with that line
This is just the best.. This teams gonna have 2 first lines plus a ridiculously dominant shutdown line if they're ever all healthy.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Maurice for the first time admitted that Laine prefers to play on the left. Said he's a faster player on the right. Not putting Laine with 55 & 26 to get them going. It looked like s good idea in preseason but didn't love it. Just likes PLE too much to **** with that line
As was the case earlier this year with CSW, no?

A part of me thinks that this top 6 may be one we stick with for as long as injuries come and stir the pot.

Last edited:

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
As was the case earlier this year with ESW, no?

A part of me thinks that this top 6 may be one we stick with for as long as injuries come and stir the pot.

I think his stubbornness was around CSW which long overstayed it’s welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Ya in April last year we went to the Guinness factor in Dublin , amazing stuff , just the history of how Guinness was made was unbelievable . Just watching black and white video of how they used to make the wooden barrels was unreal .

If NHL indeed comes to Finland next year you should try Koff Porter. Rumor has it that it is made with yeast stolen from Guinness. Before the recent microbrewery thing that was by a mile the best beer in Finland. It’s awesome.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's clear to me the LWR was at least in part, preparing Laine to play on the left side for when Scheifele returned. The coaching staff was reluctant to do it before now because his all around game was suffering when he did.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
In keeping with the GDT here's a look back at two former brewery's in Winnipeg
Drewry's Brewery at the site that is now Boogies at Redwood and Main

67ALGzy.jpg

1CyS8Wj.jpg

8NTxge0.jpg

And the Labatt's/ O'Keefe's Brewery where Great West Life is today at Broadway and Osborne

5Vig3K5.jpg

DQx2Mta.jpg

YHMpBM9.jpg

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Those are all reasonable comments actually.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It's clear to me the LWR was at least in part, preparing Laine to play on the left side for when Scheifele returned. The coaching staff was reluctant to do it before now because his all around game was suffering when he did.
Moves from the past years from Chevy and Maurice are all making sense in hindsight.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Brilliant GDT again Zham! Many fine beers to go with many fine players, Henricks with OV killed me.

3 worst Manitoba beers of all time.

OV
Club
Old Stock

Hahaha"....I used to drink all three in my younger more naive days. OV was my beer. I also drank Standard beer for a while. I insisted on supporting it because the label looks so much like Bud that Bud couldn't market it in Manitoba for a while due to copyright.
As bad as those beers were, the American beers at the time were worse.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
Great GDT, my favourite topic.
Good to see Maurice keeping PLE together. Try Schief with Laine, because Little and Laine just didn't seem to have any chemistry for what ever reason.
Wheeler-Scheifele-Laine. During Scheifele's absence we saw how well Laine and Wheeler connect. Especially on the PP.
Add Scheif to that mix - and Voilá ! Tons of assists for Wheeler and Scheifele. Many wins for the Jets.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
:laugh::laugh::laugh::partytime:Great GDT Zham!!
I've always enjoyed the GDTs but this one is my favorite. I guess I love the combo, hockey and beer.
Nice little history lesson on the Bud name. Many don't know the name should belong to the original Pilsner beer made in the Czech Republic.

Love the stubby OV for Hendricks. So many beers I now have to try.....damn you :laugh:
Now I Really feel like a beer
:partytime:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad