GDT: Jets vs Blues (Feb-9th 7pm) - "Bohemian-style"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If I have one quibble about this GDT, it's that The Beer of Champions got left out. ;)

DDrD3O2VYAAxwc2.jpg

Sorry I realized early on I was going to leave dozens of notable beers off but decided to stick to the name / player connection ;)

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
In keeping with the GDT here's a look back at two former brewery's in Winnipeg
Drewry's Brewery at the site that is now Boogies at Redwood and Main

67ALGzy.jpg

1CyS8Wj.jpg

8NTxge0.jpg

And the Labatt's/ O'Keefe's Brewery where Great West Life is today at Broadway and Osborne

5Vig3K5.jpg

DQx2Mta.jpg

YHMpBM9.jpg

Great stuff. "Medicinal beer" is of interest as it reverberates through the lost corridors of time, and resonates with "medicinal electric salad". :sarcasm:

The O'Keefe brewery's brutalist design smacks of something off a Pink Floyd album cover.

pink-floyd-animals.jpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maurice for the first time admitted that Laine prefers to play on the left. Said he's a faster player on the right. Not putting Laine with 55 & 26 to get them going. It looked like s good idea in preseason but didn't love it. Just likes PLE too much to **** with that line

I like this honest accurate answer. Laine was not working on the second line and Perreault is. This is more about not screwing with that line and hoping Laine doesn’t drag down Scheif and Wheeler. I love Patrik but he needs to have a good run here.

Reactions: libertarian

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Maurice for the first time admitted that Laine prefers to play on the left. Said he's a faster player on the right. Not putting Laine with 55 & 26 to get them going. It looked like s good idea in preseason but didn't love it. Just likes PLE too much to **** with that line
Wait, does he mean that he didn't put Laine with Wheeler & Chef at the start of the season or that he's not putting him with them now?

E: Listened to the interview. So, start of the season, obviously. Funny how he says that he shouldn't think much about passing. He's right though. Just shoot the damn puck when you have a look at the net Patty.

Reactions: Jets 31

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
The optimism for this game has never been higher, which worries me that we may be setting ourselves up for a big let down. The Blues are one of the top teams in the league and our games with them have usually been very tight.
I'm nervously excited. Hope the Jets come out flying and get the crowd behind them.

In keeping with the theme and at risk of revealing my age, does anyone remember this beer?

Uncle Ben's....see below.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wait, does he mean that he didn't put Laine with Wheeler & Chef at the start of the season or that he's not putting him with them now?

not sure etxactly what you are asking. Maurice was answering a question about why Laine is playing with Wheeler and Scheifele now.

If you want the exact context you should watch or listen to the presser

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Maurice seems like a smart dude, and is under no obligation to tell the truth :). Not saying he is not because I don't know but it's not like this is the trumpet of absolute truth.

Just cracked open a beer for a bit of kalsarikännit (not wearing just underwear and not exactly alone but close enough). Not gonna miss this one!

Shazzam above is right. What usually happens after big expectations is a massive let down :D. So yeah definitely waiting for a let-down. Hear that hockey gods?!

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
notnsure exactly what you are asking. Maurice was answering a question about why Laine is playing with Wheeler and Scheifele now.
I know, i was really lazy with my grammar. I was just asking if he meant that he's not gonna play Patty with 55&26 tonight to get them going, or was he talking about the start of the season. But i got it now, i listened to the interview.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
My contributions to the theme...

The malt plant on Dugald that my old man worked at (and I even worked at for a summer or two)...still supplies tons of breweries as I understand..

winnipeg_reference.jpg

And then the musical interlude I am surprised no one posted yet (and if they did, I apologize, I was scanning through quickly at work)

Hoping for a clean two points tonight for 55's return..

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Literally one of my favourite beers. The only "cheap" beer worth drinking & more importantly hangover friendly. Basically the same price point as Lucky but as good as Heineken.

Always keep it around for guests.

Can we even get Pils in MB? I don't recall ever seeing it at the LC. Not that I would ever be looking for it, lol....but I wouldn't mind having some available when my Sask friends are in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad