Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
bqbr23cej4f01.jpg

First of all great GDT thread again! The beer names worked out perfectly....

Regarding this image, it looks like it's us and Boston in the SCF, with us losing to Boston....

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My dad used to drink OV , horrible stuff , my buddies and i didn't call it Old Vienna , the OV stood for something else . :laugh:
We used to call it Ostrich Vomit, only Extra Old Stock was worse - and it at least had an extra % alcohol.

Not ready to believe we are the second highest ranked fave to win the cup, but it sure looks nice!

Reactions: Jets 31

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
3 worst Manitoba beers of all time.

OV
Club
Old Stock

Before we were old enough to buy beer, me and some buddies would sometimes scrape together some cash, hang out near the beer store, and ask "cool looking dudes" if they'd buy it for us. It worked surprisingly often. We always wanted Old Stock, cuz it was 6%. It didn't matter if it was crap, it was beer and it was illegal so it tasted extra great.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We used to call Extra Old Stock "Rocket Fuel" due to the extra alcohol content. It wasn't much more IIRC but when you are 15-16 it matters very little haha

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Before we were old enough to buy beer, me and some buddies would sometimes scrape together some cash, hang out near the beer store, and ask "cool looking dudes" if they'd buy it for us. It worked surprisingly often. We always wanted Old Stock, cuz it was 6%. It didn't matter if it was crap, it was beer and it was illegal so it tasted extra great.
Lol, yeah we used to do the same thing. A few times we'd go with one of my buddies older brother, who was old enough to buy beer. We'd send him in with the money and he'd come out with a case of Molson Malt!

The guy is still a knob to this day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille