Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Gagnon / Re-Assign Cormier

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
playoffs????

10 games left; 4 against Southeast teams and 7 out of those 10 at home.

Until we're mathematically eliminated, there's no reason not to set that as the goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Don't know how you made that mistake...post did not contain combination of 'Meech', special symbols, and many exclamation points.

MEECH! :shakehead

Whatever. I give credit when credit is due, criticize when criticism is due. Sorry I can't only see the pro TN side of things I guess. Although I have no idea where you got the idea I use exclamation points? I rarely do.

Someone's got to play that 1:39 each game. Come on; Chevy/Noel/TN can do no wrong in other threads... what's different here?

Nah, Gagnon will likely play good minutes since he is a "veteran". :shakehead

Starting to think that what seperates good coaches from poor coaches is how they manage young players...good coaches put them in positions to succeed (Sutter), bad coaches refuse to use them (Noel) or toss them into the deep end without teaching them to swim (Renney)...

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

Whatever. I give credit when credit is due, criticize when criticism is due. Sorry I can't only see the pro TN side of things I guess. Although I have no idea where you got the idea I use exclamation points? I rarely do.

I wasn't sure if you did actually. My jab was all in good humor. ;) I just know you have an 'anti-thing' for Meech so in my head your posts are something like this:

WHY THE !$%#!& IS MEECH STILL ON THIS TEAM?!!?

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I love all the arm chair gm's winnipeg has
I think we need 2 more nhl teams so people can be employed
So you like this move? :shakehead

Chevy/Noel will make (and have made) mistakes you know. Why do multiple people always have to call out the posters who disagree with their decisions? It's getting ridiculous.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
So you like this move? :shakehead

Chevy/Noel will make (and have made) mistakes you know. Why do multiple people always have to call out the posters who disagree with their decisions? It's getting ridiculous.

I am impartial
I could care less either way
I am not going have a stroke as too why one skillless bum was called up over another skillless bum

Whats getting ridiculous is all the *****ing moaning and crying around here about how the jets do nothing right
It is ****ing pathetic already

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Nah, Gagnon will likely play good minutes since he is a "veteran". :shakehead

Starting to think that what seperates good coaches from poor coaches is how they manage young players...good coaches put them in positions to succeed (Sutter), bad coaches refuse to use them (Noel) or toss them into the deep end without teaching them to swim (Renney)...

I've been noticing this too with Noel. That was always my biggest knock on him as a coach. We have a (mostly) young team, and Noel seems to be terrible at coaching our young players.
Personally, I would rather see a younger guy get more ice time over someone like Wellwood, who spends more time on his back then he does in the offensive zone.

I am impartial
I am not going have a stroke as too why one skillless bum was called up over another skillless bum

Whats getting ridiculous is all the *****ing moaning and crying around here about how the jets do nothing right

I'm with you on this.

I think there's been a bit of an over reaction here... O'Dell's not gonna win us the Stanley Cup... especially when he likely wouldn't get any playing time under Claude 'The Lozenge' Noel.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I am impartial

I'm gonna agree and disagree here. I find that there is an annoyingly large group of "doom and gloom" fans that cry about the apocalypse every time the Jets do something wrong, lose, or just don't do anything. That much I certainly agree with, however . . .

There is some cause for concern here. You can't look at this roster, their league position, and their play and act like everything is sunshine and lollipops. I'd say there's a considerable population in that group as well. Something is wrong here, the Jets had a commanding grasp on this division and rapidly let that slip. They weren't caught by streaking teams performing, they lost games that they lead in, and put in some sub-par efforts. So while the team isn't going to fold up into last place, it's not like everything is fine.

Complacency kills hockey teams, just look at the Calgary Flames organization. So yes, there is a whining group of fans on these boards that take it too far. There certainly is room for criticism(key word here, not bickering) though, and if you look at your team(be it management, coaching or players) as if they do nothing wrong, then you are settling for the status-quo.

All of that said, did you expect anything less than bi-polar, overreactive armchair GM's from a hockey forum?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Someone's got to play that 1:39 each game. Come on; Chevy/Noel/TN can do no wrong in other threads... what's different here?

Who's ever said they can do no right? The people who are defending them are just using logic to try to possibly explain why superstars haven't fallen from the sky onto the roster, with mouth breathers who endlessly complain without offering any realistic suggestions of their own.

Last edited:

thed00d

Sep 29, 2010
I love all the arm chair gm's winnipeg has
I think we need 2 more nhl teams so people can be employed

Isn't this essentially the purpose of these forums, a place to vent and share opinions/thoughts?

Anyway, can't hurt to give Gangon a shot. Something in the current lineup needed to change.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Isn't this essentially the purpose of these forums, a place to vent and share opinions/thoughts?

Anyway, can't hurt to give Gangon a shot. Something in the current lineup needed to change.

Agreed. Cormier has been non-factor for the team since his call up. Gagnon can't be any worse. Any way to change the team up a bit shouldn't be overlooked.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Who's ever said they can do no right? The people who are defending them are just using logic to try to possibly explain why superstars haven't fallen from the sky onto the roster, with mouth breathers who endlessly complain without offering any realistic suggestions of their own.
Personally I think it is a little unfair to classify a group of people with an opinion different to yours as "mouth breathers" but YMMV and all that.

Sooner or later more people will question. This is a forum after all... if we have 1000 users, there will probably be at least 400 different opinions.

Having someone play less than 2 minutes a game is pointless in my opinion - at that point I guess it doesn't really matter who those 99 seconds go to.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Personally I think it is a little unfair to classify a group of people with an opinion different to yours as "mouth breathers" but YMMV and all that.

Sooner or later more people will question. This is a forum after all... if we have 1000 users, there will probably be at least 400 different opinions.

Having someone play less than 2 minutes a game is pointless in my opinion - at that point I guess it doesn't really matter who those 99 seconds go to.

I never said people who have different opinions than mine are mouth breathers. It's great to have actual conversations and debate on this forum.

The mouth breathers are the guys who complain, but then offer no meaningful suggestions, options, or basically do any research whatsover as to what is realistically possible. How does that contribute to any meaningful discussion?

I agree that if whoever gets this spot only gets 2 minutes a game it likely won't matter who it is.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wasn't sure if you did actually. My jab was all in good humor. ;) I just know you have an 'anti-thing' for Meech so in my head your posts are something like this:

WHY THE !$%#!& IS MEECH STILL ON THIS TEAM?!!?

Got a a little defensive. I don't like when we needlessly back ourselves into a corner and don't put the best roster on the ice, which is why I am "anti" Meech. He is a fine #8 and playing when you have no better options...it has not been the Jets position lately, which is why I have been unhappy.

But... Peluso... :sarcasm:

Shows that I can look at things objectively. Still don't think he has what it takes to be a regular NHLer.

I never said people who have different opinions than mine are mouth breathers. It's great to have actual conversations and debate on this forum.

The mouth breathers are the guys who complain, but then offer no meaningful suggestions, options, or basically do any research whatsover as to what is realistically possible. How does that contribute to any meaningful discussion?

I agree that if whoever gets this spot only gets 2 minutes a game it likely won't matter who it is.

That's the thing, we have better options and don't need to be playing guys 2 minutes a night. Noel's bench management is an absolute joke. I am HUGE proponant of having a 4 line attack, that depth matters, and that you should be trying to use you whole bench, that every single player on the roster matters. Noel clearly does not believe in that. Clearly he had no interest in even trying Cormier. A mistake (and I don't even like Cormier). No interest in even trying to use a full roster, in trying to implement a tough game to play against. If you are young player you deserve to be punished just for being a young player, you cannot possibly contribute, seems to be the mantra.

But why call up somebody who quite simply cannot contribute at the NHL level, he is late 20's (ie not getting any better), small, weak, not a good skater, etc. Why not recall somebody who might eventually be useful in O'Dell, or somebody with size and heavy game to fit into 4th line like Maceneauer or somebody who's game projects a little better in the NHL like Maxwell. Easy solutions. Might actually allow us to use 4 lines. Now we simply have more excuses out of Noel why he "can't" use 4 lines. Good coaches makes it work, Noel gives us excuses why it doesn't work.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I am looking forward to finally see Gagnon suit up with the big club. Hopefuly he dresses at Mtsc on Saturday and i can get a good look at his skill set or lack thereof. This will probably be his last shot at the Nhl. if he only plays 10 second shifts it may be tough to judge.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Our biggest need is to find someone to play with Kane. I do not fault Chevy for not trading for someone. There is no way we were going to match what Minnesota paid for Pominville. O'Dell has lots of skill and is our next best option to play with Kane and he deserved a look at that position. Waste of time to bring up Gagnon and we all know he will play less than 5 minutes a game.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I was a fan of the initial signing of Gagon ......... Then ...... he sucked ____ ! ....... I thought he was a bad pickup ..... and a waste of $ 600.000 grand that he was guaranteed ........... this year by the Jets......for 18 months he proved he was a bad pick-up............ but in the last month .......hes a rock - star in the AHL on a 12 game point streak with 20 + points.......( AHL star of the month)we are allready spendiding the the 500 000 grand guaranteed........ lets see what he has...... the Jets have problems scoring and he is at a 2 pt scoriing pace per game in the AHL

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If we were out of the playoff hunt, calling up Gagnon would make no sense. It would be better to play Cormier/O'Dell/Klingberg.

I think this was the right move. It was either him or Jaffray IMO (Maxwell with an outside chance). Need players that have more experience in the NHL and Cormier wasn't very impressive in his call up. Even in the limited amount of ice time he had, he made some poor decisions and wasn't very good in the face-off dot like last year.

O'Dell will get his shot during training camp next year and is almost a assured a call-up if he continues to play the way he has.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
So the latest conspiracy theory on this board is that Chevy/Noel for some reason favour career AHL'ers over NHL players? Winnipeg Jets board in full Sherlock Holmes/Jack Bauer mode has finally uncovered that vast conspiracy headed by Chevy/Noel but that might go all the way upto the highest echelons of the Jets organisation. Chevy/Noel's long term plan is to bit by bit replace all NHL calibre players on the Jets with AHL players with the ultimate goal of icing an AHL team night in night out (to what end I don't know but I'm sure it has something to do with the JFK assassination and faked moon landing). Infact Chevy/Noel are probably sitting in a smoke filled room in some secret basement right now smoking cigars while having a secret meeting with the KGB to enact the next phase of their plan. Infact it wouldn't surprise me if Miettnnen was actually a KGB agent contracted by Chevy/Noel to deliberately injure Redmond so they can replace him with AHL'ers like Clitsome & Meech. Noel is probably spiking the drinks of player before a game so that it gives him an excuse to replace them with AHL players. It all makes sense now :sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So the latest conspiracy theory on this board is that Chevy/Noel for some reason favour career AHL'ers over NHL players? Winnipeg Jets board in full Sherlock Holmes/Jack Bauer mode has finally uncovered that vast conspiracy headed by Chevy/Noel but that might go all the way upto the highest echelons of the Jets organisation. Chevy/Noel's long term plan is to bit by bit replace all NHL calibre players on the Jets with AHL players with the ultimate goal of icing an AHL team night in night out (to what end I don't know but I'm sure it has something to do with the JFK assassination and faked moon landing). Infact Chevy/Noel are probably sitting in a smoke filled room in some secret basement right now smoking cigars while having a secret meeting with the KGB to enact the next phase of their plan. Infact it wouldn't surprise me if Miettnnen was actually a KGB agent contracted by Chevy/Noel to deliberately injure Redmond so they can replace him with AHL'ers like Clitsome & Meech. Noel is probably spiking the drinks of player before a game so that it gives him an excuse to replace them with AHL players. It all makes sense now :sarcasm:

Only people coming up with crazy conspiracy theories are those who are trying to straw man the argument of people like me who understand Gagnon is a BRUTAL hockey player at the NHL level. I mean not even close to NHL level. And we have better options, but they are not "character" veterans, which matters so much cause we have so much extra talent that character is much more important...

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Let's be honest, the only reason Gagnon was called up over O'Dell is because of his contract situation. The Jets want to see if they want to keep Gagnon in the fold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad