Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Gagnon / Re-Assign Cormier

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Wright back soon. Couldn't come soon enough.

What will the lines be with Wright?

LLW
Kane Jokinen Miettinen
Wright Burmistrov Wellwood
Tangradi Santorelli Thorburn/Gagnon

Peluso, Slater and Antropov on IR.

Will be interesting too who's gonna be the 3rd pairing on the D.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

LLW
Kane Jokinen Miettinen

i'd be shocked if they slot burmi ahead of santorelli

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree!

You are talking about the people freaking out and crying about every tiny roster move right?

You don't like people talking about roster moves, you are in the wrong place.

Gagnon is a terrible terrible NHL player. Just awful. Slow, no hands, no shot, no size, no strength, no vision...just absolutely nothing. Embarrassing that he is once again on NHL roster :shakehead

Chevy and Noel's facisnation with career minor leaguers is driving me nuts, from Jason Jaffray to Aaron Gagnon to Mark Flood to Derek Meech, these guys do not belong in NHL.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
You don't like people talking about roster moves, you are in the wrong place.

Gagnon is a terrible terrible NHL player. Just awful. Slow, no hands, no shot, no size, no strength, no vision...just absolutely nothing. Embarrassing that he is once again on NHL roster :shakehead

Chevy and Noel's facisnation with career minor leaguers is driving me nuts, from Jason Jaffray to Aaron Gagnon to Mark Flood to Derek Meech, these guys do not belong in NHL.

... Spencer Machacek?

He's been in the NHL before though, and is apparently lighting up the AHL now so just maybe he's playing better now than the 3 minutes he was with the Jets last year. But what do I know, I'm just going off what apparently an NHL GM sees. I'm sure you guys have watched him a TON.

thed00d

Sep 29, 2010
I assume he's being brought up because he's on a one-way, making "big" bucks this year....and if they're already paying him, might as well see what he brings to the table.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
... Spencer Machacek?

He's been in the NHL before though, and is apparently lighting up the AHL now so just maybe he's playing better now than the 3 minutes he was with the Jets last year. But what do I know, I'm just going off what apparently an NHL GM sees. I'm sure you guys have watched him a TON.

I'm not so sure that 3 assists in 9 games is "lighting it up."

At any rate, Slater, Wright and Peluso can't come back soon enough.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
doesnt matter, he will only get 1 minute of ice time a night under claudes brilliant regime

im glad odell wasnt called up, better for him to get ice time in the ahl then warm the benches with big mean claude giving him 1 minute a night

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'm not so sure that 3 assists in 9 games is "lighting it up."

At any rate, Slater, Wright and Peluso can't come back soon enough.

I will agree with this.

but i just want to say as soon as i saw this thread i thought of you.

I would have liekd to have seen odell get a chance, but gangon did just win player of the month and was almost 2 pts per game over the last 12 game stretch.

Mostly i was just looking forward to reading your posts about how awful this player and management would be. I do find that a very dpeth minor movement irks you so terribly pretty comical. Gangon is not a good player. But if this is the straw that breaks the camels back, we're in a really tough spot.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
... Spencer Machacek?

mahacek has been gone for some time now

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I will agree with this.

but i just want to say as soon as i saw this thread i thought of you.

I would have liekd to have seen odell get a chance, but gangon did just win player of the month and was almost 2 pts per game over the last 12 game stretch.

Mostly i was just looking forward to reading your posts about how awful this player and management would be. I do find that a very dpeth minor movement irks you so terribly pretty comical. Gangon is not a good player. But if this is the straw that breaks the camels back, we're in a really tough spot.

I think you've got the wrong global moderator. ;)

Gaald

Mar 17, 2012
Can we all just agree to ignore the chicken littles? Nothing will ever satisfy them. The Jets could have a perfect season, and they would still find an excuse to question every move made by the franchise.

It's ridiculous at this point.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
My thoughts exactly.

I don't like this for 2 reasons.

1) It appears that O'Dell is outplaying Gagnon this year. What does that say to our prospects that playing well doesn't translate to getting a shot?

2) Gagnon is getting paid his 500K whether he is in the AHL or NHL. O'Dell has been one of, if not the best Ice Cap this year. He is making 65K in the AHL. If he would have been on the roster for the last 10 Jet games he would have made 82,317 ((675K / 82) * 10). (I'm guessing this is right)

The org couldn't have given this opportunity (and massive money reward) to O'Dell for his work this year?

I think bringing up Gagnon Is more about replacing Slater on the 4th line until he gets back,burmi will move up to the third line with Antro out.i think Santorelli will play RW possibly get a shot with Kane.If we were not in a playoff race O'dell would come up and see how he fares right now experience is needed.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
Can we all just agree to ignore the chicken littles? Nothing will ever satisfy them. The Jets could have a perfect season, and they would still find an excuse to question every move made by the franchise.

It's ridiculous at this point.

i think losing 4 games in a row in disgusting fashion is te reason why people are a bit upset today
accept it, dont be the guy cheering for 9th place

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

LLW
Kane Jokinen Miettinen

Ladd,Little,wheeler
Kane,Jokinen,Santorelli
Tangradi,Burmi,Wellwood/Meittinen
Wright,Gagnon,Thorburn

They are going to try Buff out in goal! And Noel may try going with 2 lines maybe altering a guy in once in a while if someone gets tired.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
O'Dell has been our most consistant player this year.Eric deserves the call up.

Gagnon did nothing for five months.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
O'Dell has been our most consistant player this year.Eric deserves the call up.

Gagnon did nothing for five months.

chevy/noel loce players who do nothing!!!! well as long as they are old in age

(jokenen, miettinen are a couple fine examples

minus gagnons age, he should fit right in!!!!

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
I mentioned this in the trade deadline thread...

Only thing I can think of is Gagnon's 55 games of AHL playoff experience vs O'Dell's 3. O'Well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad