Recalled/Assigned: Jets recall Gagnon / Re-Assign Cormier

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Understandable that Cormier was sent back down, nonsensical that Gagnon was called up over O'Dell.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
do you understand now why some of us question the moves this org makes at times?
I like what chevy's drafted so far, but some of the other personnel moves just don't seem right.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Reward that man! ... We just did.

Shawn McKenzie ‏@ShawnMcKenzie89 1m
#NHLJets have called up Aaron Gagnon from St.John's and have sent down Patrice Cormier. Gagnon was the AHL player of the month for March.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
He's on a 12-game point streak right now for a total of 19 points. Maybe he can actually help this time.

Reward that man! ... We just did.

He may not do anything, but it is worth a shot
the jets are reeling, and there is only 10 games left.

christ
he may not even get on the ice

I dont see the big deal

Edit: As well, isnt the roster limit lifted at midnight tonight?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Wright back soon. Couldn't come soon enough.

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 1m
Kevin Cheveldayoff said that James Wright is getting close to returning from injury during his conference call #NHLJets

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Does it start or end at the Forks???

Need to get a good view of the Cup!

:D

You misunderstand, the parade is for getting Jones/Mackinnon/Drouin by winning the lottery. It ends with a contract signing at Portage and Main.:sarcasm:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Understandable that Cormier was sent back down, nonsensical that Gagnon was called up over O'Dell.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't like this for 2 reasons.

1) It appears that O'Dell is outplaying Gagnon this year. What does that say to our prospects that playing well doesn't translate to getting a shot?

2) Gagnon is getting paid his 500K whether he is in the AHL or NHL. O'Dell has been one of, if not the best Ice Cap this year. He is making 65K in the AHL. If he would have been on the roster for the last 10 Jet games he would have made 82,317 ((675K / 82) * 10). (I'm guessing this is right)

The org couldn't have given this opportunity (and massive money reward) to O'Dell for his work this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad