Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
It'll be nice being able to cheer for Canada for once and at the same time weird not cheering for Finland :laugh:

Feels like we've had a prospect on Team Finland every year for a while now. Were Morrissey, Petan, and Comrie the last Canadian Jets prospects that made Team Canada?

That was such a fun team Canada. RIP Papa Petan.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Team USA's had like half a shift in Finland's zone. Feels like they're just behind on everything.

None

Feb 22, 2012
That hit was made worse due to the American trying to jump around him.

I think it was thigh on thigh even considering that, the Finn didn't really move out of his path at all. I'm surprised it got 5, but the international rules sometimes have mandatory 5s when a player's injured.

Reactions: surixon

None

Feb 22, 2012
Man is Lucius skating stride really bad. It needs a significant amount of work.

Decent speed once he gets going but yeah, once he comes to a stop he doesn't seem to have a lot of agility or mobility.

Edit to add: I think he either needs foot speed or a lot of muscle to play his game in the NHL. Probably won't be playing pro in the Kyle Connor or Nikolaj Ehlers weight class without drastically improving his foot speed.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Decent speed once he gets going but yeah, once he comes to a stop he doesn't seem to have a lot of agility or mobility.

Edit to add: I think he either needs foot speed or a lot of muscle to play his game in the NHL. Probably won't be playing pro in the Kyle Connor or Nikolaj Ehlers weight class without drastically improving his foot speed.

Agreed, he's likely going to need to become a tank.

I don't even think he has decent top speed. He was giving err full bore trying to chase that Finn who was going half speed back to retrieve the puck.

Moreover his actual stride looks really heavy and chunky like he's stomping on the ice when he skates.

Reactions: None

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
My expectations

Perfetti - Should be a leading scoring. I will be disappointed if this is not the case. His performance in the AHL has been nothing short of great so I am expecting him to keep it up

Chibrikov - I think people are going to like what they see and start to get real excited for him. Should put up points with his linemates and his skill level

Lucius - Honestly I am not expecting much. The guy is a pure goal scorer but I wouldn't be surprised if we come away disappointed with how he looks. Kind of like Perfetti last year

Torgerssen - Kind of excited to see him play. Really want to see him on the smaller ice with that big body of his. He is the kind of 2nd level prospect that we sometimes lack in our system.

Thanks, Always look forward to your thoughts!

Reactions: SLAYER

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg

I don't even think he has decent top speed. He was giving err full bore trying to chase that Finn who was going half speed back to retrieve the puck.

Moreover his actual stride looks really heavy and chunky like he's stomping on the ice when he skates.

maybe not the worst skating I've seen in our prospects...........but it needs a lot of work

None

Feb 22, 2012

I think if we're thinking of the same play then I don't really think he looked all that much behind. The Finnish defender there uses the goal to create distance and the US just looks tentative all over the ice. I thought that was actually one of the few times that the US looked like they were actually trying to forecheck aggressively.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea that was at best a totally rusty period for the USA and our prospect. Let’s see how things go as the game and tournament progresses.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think if we're thinking of the same play then I don't really think he looked all that much behind. The Finnish defender there uses the goal to create distance and the US just looks tentative all over the ice. I thought that was actually one of the few times that the US looked like they were actually trying to forecheck aggressively.

He wasn't far behind but the Finnish player never looked to be in trouble there and easily shook him and transitioned out.

His line though did have a good shift though.

Seems that he's nit being used much though, I think I counted 3 shifts total and isn't on the pp.

None

Feb 22, 2012
He wasn't far behind but the Finnish player never looked to be in trouble there and easily shook him and transitioned out.

His line though did have a good shift though.

Seems that he's nit being used much though, I think I counted 3 shifts total and isn't on the pp.

To be fair the Finns have been pretty calm all game :laugh:

I think it was a pretty routine forecheck where the forechecker rarely catches the puck carrier and you're just hoping it forces a mistake.

Edit: Might be back up the lineup with Beniers and Berard?
Edit2: Nope, seemingly just a single shift. The US lineup is getting blended all over.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
To be fair the Finns have been pretty calm all game :laugh:

I think it was a pretty routine forecheck where the forechecker rarely catches the puck carrier and you're just hoping it forces a mistake.

Edit: Might be back up the lineup with Beniers and Berard?
Edit2: Nope, seemingly just a single shift. The US lineup is getting blended all over.

Yeah I'm having a hard time keeping track of where he's playing lol.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah I'm having a hard time keeping track of where he's playing lol.

13th/14th forward shuffling going on I think. He's listed higher on the depth chart than Red Savage but has probably been on the ice half as much.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Dear US coach.

It’s a face mask not a chin strap. I know it doesn’t fit over your massive beak but fake it at least.

Swiss vs Czech game later tonight is already cancelled because of COVID. Tournament's going to need to become a full bubble or risk getting cancelled probably.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chaz doesn't see a lot of the puck. Seems his linemates are the ones doing most of the puck possesion. I guess that might be indicative of his role as a triggerman but if so he needs to start finding that soft space in the offensive end

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Swiss vs Czech game later tonight is already cancelled because of COVID. Tournament's going to need to become a full bubble or risk getting cancelled probably.

Yeah you can't really make up games if a team has an outbreak.

Reactions: None

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well if you're just watching the stat sheet you'd probably think the US dominated that period. I think it was just a mess by both teams where the US just happened to be on the right side of the shot clock. A bit of a grinder period.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So this is really really ugly hockey which is to be expected.

Ok a couple of positives with Chaz

He already skates better than Corey Perry (not hard to do)

His line had a few good shifts

I have noticed him more than once below his own goal line helping in the D zone

He is rusty but you can tell he is a guy that is figuring it out and I thought he had a better 2nd period, and although still not good, it’s like the entire game so far.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

They will need to use every trick necessary to keep this variant and bay and I don’t think they pull it off. Hate to sound like Debbie downer but its so freakin infectious.

Reactions: Gm0ney and None

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad