Post-Game Talk: Jets lose in OT to Bedard 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Not the results that we wanted as the Jets seem to be still out on their break. Maybe they missed Slow Gus? :dunno: I give this game two "Who's" out of five...

View attachment 791432 View attachment 791433

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Minnesota Mild has been posted for your guesses. Thanks again to @Luc Labelle for the fantastic GDT today, and we all look forward to @flyingkiwi's GDTs on both Saturday and Sunday! See you all next game! Good night...

View attachment 791444
Cute Sasquatch gf!

Reactions: macmaroon

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
13 and 55 really struggled tonight. Long shifts, lazy back checks, lack of a forecheck and way too many turnovers at both blue lines. 27 was good but couldn't do anything with how bad his linemates were.
Disagree. I think the whole line was out of step. 27 would get the puck and then just shoot it from perimeter with no screen. It’s not going in.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets PP has to change the strategy, might not need to change personal too much but the strategy absolutely has to. We played well, we got goalied and posted, i counted 6 posts that were hit, that's pretty unlucky . Good news is we got a point , moved into 2nd and have played less games than Colorado. Oh and that's 23 straight games without giving up more than 3 goals, that's amazing actually when you think about it.Now lets kick the shit out of Minnesota a couple of times.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I'm starting to think the PP coach doesn't know how to scheme a pp and how to use his personnel properly. Plenty of talent out there should be getting better results.
Should be kinda easy. Ehlers for entering the zone and an allround threat. Vilardi around the net, Josh on the blue, Perfetti as the driver, and I guess Scheif for shooting and faceoff...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Inferior teams sometimes get lucky and win. Such is life. I’m fine with how they played.

3 on 3 OT is variance heavy. Certainly enough variance that I’m not gonna sweat what happens in one OT

Dallas lost clean and Colorado was held to a point, so we actually made a little ground.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Inferior teams sometimes get lucky and win. Such is life. I’m fine with how they played.

3 on 3 OT is variance heavy. Certainly enough variance that I’m not gonna sweat what happens in one OT

Dallas lost clean and Colorado was held to a point, so we actually made a little ground.
Except we are fairly consistently playing down to our opponents level... in a sense

Jets looked dominant but I didn't see the discipline from the bruins win - they start getting too cute playing bad teams

Scheif is starting to look for the perfect pass again and cheat on the backcheck - hopefully it's just an anomaly

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Play that game 100 times we win 96. Completely outclassed them for 98% of the game but couldnt finish. Just globetrotted them. I have zero complaints with how they played. What like 5 posts?? Maybe 6?? Play that way every game and skies the limit. Shit puck luck is all.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Disagree. I think the whole line was out of step. 27 would get the puck and then just shoot it from perimeter with no screen. It’s not going in.
Yeah, I'm not sure why Ehlers is so polarizing here. One group wants him gone and the other has a bubble of no criticism wrapped around him.

That line has been dynamite but imo they were the only players who really didn't seem ready for the game.

The rest of the team was dialed in and if it weren't for some unfortunate luck we would have walked away with the win despite them.

I expect that line to come out on fire in our b2b against the putrid puppies

His eyes were straight ahead the whole time. He’s an incredible player.
Once he gets some man size watch out.

Could be be better than mcjesus?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The one thing I wished they would have done is mixed up the top 2 lines in the third. Perfetti looked like he was going, maybe play him with Schiefele?

Reactions: 10Ducky10

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The one thing I wished they would have done is mixed up the top 2 lines in the third. Perfetti looked like he was going, maybe play him with Schiefele?
I'd leave the lines alone unless they are broken - IMO, they are not and the top line was not going to maintain the pace they were on for the remainder of the season.
Sometimes you have dreadful luck - and 5 posts would be a good example of that.

The PP is another story - that's where I would make changes because that is what is not working.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Except we are fairly consistently playing down to our opponents level... in a sense

Jets looked dominant but I didn't see the discipline from the bruins win - they start getting too cute playing bad teams

Scheif is starting to look for the perfect pass again and cheat on the backcheck - hopefully it's just an anomaly
Scheifele has been great all year, he's going to have off nights just like every single other player in the NHL . I'm not worried at all about Scheifele.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd leave the lines alone unless they are broken - IMO, they are not and the top line was not going to maintain the pace they were on for the remainder of the season.
Sometimes you have dreadful luck - and 5 posts would be a good example of that.

The PP is another story - that's where I would make changes because that is what is not working.
Yup , totally agree, the strategy just isn't working on the PP, time to try something new altogether. It's not like the PP could get much worse right now so try something else.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think traveling the day of the game might have thrown them off somewhat. They still played well enough to win but didn't look 100% at times.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can’t believe the amount of negativity and criticism for a game where they played well. Sure mistakes were made, but we hit 5 posts! The effort was there but the luck wasn’t. Can’t expect to win every game.

They deserve all the negativity in the world for the PP, but outside that yeah I got nothing. Can't win every game. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad