Speculation: Jets-Islanders...Hamonic-Trouba

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Have you seen our GM in action? Did you learn nothing from how the Jets handled Evander Kane?

You mean trading him when his value was at an all time low? Yeah...we saw that.

His all time low value was Armia, Lemieux, Roslovic and Stafford, and whatever the difference is between Bogo and Myers. Cool. And everyone said he was over-rated...

Scraps...

Nice try, Leap. Everyone was amazed that Chevy got what he did for Kane and Bogo, considering that Kane just tanked his own value and just had season ending shoulder surgery, while Bogo has his own (albeit smaller) plague of rumours around the city. If anything, Kane's value has gone down further since the trade, and apparently Murray is looking to trade Bogo. If "scraps" means a mid pairing D, a middle six scoring winger (guess what Kane and Bogo are?), and essentially 3 1sts, I'd say that the dog feasted well that night.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Nice try, Leap. Everyone was amazed that Chevy got what he did for Kane and Bogo, considering that Kane just tanked his own value and just had season ending shoulder surgery, while Bogo has his own (albeit smaller) plague of rumours around the city. If anything, Kane's value has gone down further since the trade, and apparently Murray is looking to trade Bogo. If "scraps" means a mid pairing D, a middle six scoring winger (guess what Kane and Bogo are?), and essentially 3 1sts, I'd say that the dog feasted well that night.

I guess it's true, he has actually managed to lower his value even more.

As far as the players they got in return I guess it will remain to be seen if they amount to anything. Bogosian had better advanced stats than Myers, but that part was probably a wash based on age. I haven't seen much from the other guys but still early.

It's fair to say I stand corrected...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Scraps...

Okay, now I know you don't really know what you're talking about. Roslovic has top-6 potential, Armia is an NHLer, and Lemieux has solid NHL potential. Young players of that caliber are at a premium in the NHL these days.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Okay, now I know you don't really know what you're talking about. Roslovic has top-6 potential, Armia is an NHLer, and Lemieux has solid NHL potential. Young players of that caliber are at a premium in the NHL these days.

A premium? Lol...because the NHL is bereft of young NHL talent? Newsflash, they have that every year haha!

I corrected where I thought I spoke incorrectly, but you just vomited on the other end of the spectrum.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A premium? Lol...because the NHL is bereft of young NHL talent? Newsflash, they have that every year haha!

I corrected where I thought I spoke incorrectly, but you just vomited on the other end of the spectrum.

Chill. No need to get so worked up. Fact is that the three young prospects acquired by the Jets are exactly as I described. Armia is an NHLer, Roslovic is a prospect with top-6 potential, and Lemieux is a promising prospect. Young, cost-controlled prospects hold high value. You can use whatever colorful response you'd like but it does nothing to refute my argument.

I am quite sure you won't find many who would advocate trading Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic in return for Kane today. That's the basic point.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Chill. No need to get so worked up. Fact is that the three young prospects acquired by the Jets are exactly as I described. Armia is an NHLer, Roslovic is a prospect with top-6 potential, and Lemieux is a promising prospect. Young, cost-controlled prospects hold high value. You can use whatever colorful response you'd like but it does nothing to refute my argument.

I am quite sure you won't find many who would advocate trading Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic in return for Kane today. That's the basic point.

And it does nothing to refute my point that "we'll have to see how it turns out". Hard to believe people still think they can tell if someone is "worked up" over the internet lol.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Laugh all you want your GM made a mistake not taking Hall for Hamonic if the rumors were true.

Yep. If Hall was offered for Hamonic and the Isles rejected then Snow should be fired.

While I am one of the few Islander fans that agree Hall for Hamonic should have been an no brainer IF it was offered this summer, you guys are making some huge assumptions.

First, the rumors are Hall for Hamonic was offered during the season when the Islanders defense was not necessarily lights out and Hamonic had made a trade request. It would have been a risky move making a trade midseason and possibly messing up team chemistry and missing the playoffs all together. That would get a GM fired.

Secondly as far as this summer seems Chiarelli valued Larsson over Hamonic, so not much of a choice there. While I agree Snow 'could' have made the trade midseason I don't necessarily think it was as cut and dry as it would have been this summer. And this summer there was probably no choice in the matter.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Harmonic - Ladd

for Trouba and Strait ?

straight up or we can add one of Pavelec and Peluso to sweeten it ;)

Seriously,

I think both teams would just rather keep their respective players.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Yep. If Hall was offered for Hamonic and the Isles rejected then Snow should be fired.

Given the fact that he publicly rescinded his trade request, there's no way you can move him in a relatively decent trade for Hall. It wouldn't be a good look, to the players on the team, to potential UFAs, to fans, to anyone.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Given the fact that he publicly rescinded his trade request, there's no way you can move him in a relatively decent trade for Hall. It wouldn't be a good look, to the players on the team, to potential UFAs, to fans, to anyone.

Just because someone doesn't want to be traded doesn't mean that trading them would look bad for the team. Tons of players that don't want to get moved end up traded

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Harmonic - Ladd

for Trouba and Strait ?

straight up or we can add one of Pavelec and Peluso to sweeten it ;)

Seriously,

I think both teams would just rather keep their respective players.

Brian Strait! Don't even joke! Not signing Strait automatically made the summer a winner for the Isles.

By the way, are the Jets looking to improve on Pavlec? Would they be interested in Halak? Is Hutchinson starter material or back up? Am I wrong in saying Hellyebuck is viewed as the long term starter?

I'm already on record for being interested in Strafford too. But I'm not sure if a player like Bailey going the other way would hold enough appeal on these boards.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Laugh all you want your GM made a mistake not taking Hall for Hamonic if the rumors were true.

the reports i saw said edmonton wanted hamonic and a high quality prospect for hall and fayne.
now, i have no proof that these reports were true, but i dont have any proof that they are not.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Brian Strait! Don't even joke! Not signing Strait automatically made the summer a winner for the Isles.

By the way, are the Jets looking to improve on Pavlec? Would they be interested in Halak? Is Hutchinson starter material or back up? Am I wrong in saying Hellyebuck is viewed as the long term starter?

I'm already on record for being interested in Strafford too. But I'm not sure if a player like Bailey going the other way would hold enough appeal on these boards.

Well, while upgrading Pavelec wouldn't hurt, this year would be a good one to see if Hellebuyck and Pavelec can fight for the starter job. Helle already played 26 games last year with good success, so I'm assuming that those two will be the tandem for us this year. Hutchinson is definitely a back-up, but since he requires waivers, he might stay with the Jets for longer than expected. Going to be an interesting year anyway, but the goalie situation will be kind of difficult.

Pavelec + Stafford + ? for Halak? We don't have any room whatsoever for forwards coming back, so if you need to dump cap, defensemen only please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad