Speculation: Jets-Islanders...Hamonic-Trouba

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
If there were a deal that made sense for both sides, it already would've happened. That it didn't makes it pretty clear there is not.

urbanshocker

Feb 7, 2012
Cowtown
I get that, but everything's different.

Isles aren't heading to the playoffs with a known commodity, Jets are heading to free agency.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm pretty sure this ship has sailed, let's not waste our time.

is it Throwback Thursday yet? Feels like a March thread.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...g-Interest-MTL--NYI-Tuesdays-Buzzcast/1/78124

We have heard Jacob Trouba's name mentioned on and off throughout the early summer. Right before the draft Boston made a huge play for Trouba and fell short. Now I am hearing Montreal and the NY Islanders are talking to Winnipeg and at least one source feels these teams offer the best shot at moving Trouba this summer. More this afternoon...

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I was hearing Hamonic+2nd for Trouba in the fall...but that deal is off the table now according to my sources.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was thinking of Capuano for Trouba. The 2 lost lovers would melt the Central with their hahd battle level.

I'd love to lay down a futures bet that Capuano and Strait will eventually end up coaching together at UMaine. I think it's inevitable that Capuano will be their head coach when he's done in the NHL (hopefully sooner rather than later) and you just know that Strait would be an assistant coach. I think that's a sure bet.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'd love to lay down a futures bet that Capuano and Strait will eventually end up coaching together at UMaine. I think it's inevitable that Capuano will be their head coach when he's done in the NHL (hopefully sooner rather than later) and you just know that Strait would be an assistant coach. I think that's a sure bet.

and wouldn't we both like to have that era start this October.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Does the OP mean Edmonton-Winnipeg? Because Hamonic for Eberle is probably maybe almost a 99% done deal if rumors (ie. me) are to be believed.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Does the OP mean Edmonton-Winnipeg? Because Hamonic for Eberle is probably maybe almost a 99% done deal if rumors (ie. me) are to be believed.

from what I'm hearing, it's more like Winnipeg-New Jersey, because Hamonic for Hall is almost a done deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Travis Hamonic has a great deal at $3.857M for the next 4 years, Jacob Trouba will be at least seeking 6 years $36 million or so. Can't see Garth Snow trading a cheap Hamonic for a more expensive Trouba. Thought i read that Snow shot down a Hamonic for Trouba deal for that very reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad