TSN: Jets hoping to re-sign Stastny

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
They shouldn't let him test out free agency, considering that he's their only veteran option at center besides Scheifele and Little (before he switched from winger to center):

Overall, letting him go wouldn't help or hurt them, but I guess that their salary cap would say otherwise...

Template:Winnipeg Jets roster - Wikipedia

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He's the 2nd best center in UFA after JT and is coming off a huge playoffs. Outside of the Cap WPG really is a perfect fit for him and I wonder if they would try and move Perreault to try and make it happen. Enstrom has also said he isn't coming back so I wouldn't be shocked if they were able to keep him for around 6-6.5ish over 3-4 years, they would just have to make a move or two.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
He's from Quebec
Habs can give him a lot of money
He is guarenteed a top 6 role
He may have been born in Quebec but he was only there until he was 5. He was raised in the US and has always considered himself american. Being born in Quebec won't have any impact on his decisions in free agency.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
They can if they trade Tyler Myers

It’s deeper then that, if we assume Stastny is signing a multi year contract and not a single year deal. Myers likely needs to be traded after next season anyways (he may just be let walk) to make room for our young players to sign......so trading/walking Myers is already a given after next season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Correction. It's a NMC for the first two seasons. Only changes to a modified NTC in 2020-2021.
Why didn't you post this in the first place. Would have saved me a post correcting you. Modified No trade. Jets will be able to deal Little if they decide to.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Let’s see Big Dick Chevy trade Myers+Perreault/Mason to clear space and recoup picks, and then resign Stastny before FA hits.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Why didn't you post this in the first place. Would have saved me a post correcting you. Modified No trade. Jets will be able to deal Little if they decide to.

You said they could deal him to fit in Stastny. Being able to move him after the 2020 season doesn't really help in that regard. Sorry, I thought you could connect the simplest of dots.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd be fine with it if it were a cheap and short contract. Otherwise, I don't see the point in keeping him on the roster unless Bryan Little goes which I do not see happening, but it truly was nice having him in our run.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You said they could deal him to fit in Stastny. Being able to move him after two more seasons doesn't really help in that regard. Sorry, I thought you could connect the simplest of dots.
Got news for you. You posted that the Jets would not be able to move Little. No one has full no movement clauses in today's hockey. Clearly you were wrong. And I corrected you when you replied to me Little had a full NTC.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Got news for you. You posted that the Jets would not be able to move Little. No one has full no movement clauses in today's hockey. Clearly you were wrong. And I corrected you when you replied to me Little had a NTC.

I said he's not going anywhere, in the context of moving him out for Stastny. Because that would require dealing him before the start of the season and he has a NMC this year. Hope that helps!

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I said he's not going anywhere, in the context of moving him out for Stastny. Because that would require dealing him before the start of the season and he has a NMC this year. Hope that helps!
Did you mention he had a Modified NTC in your first post. No you didn't. Just admit it, you did not know until I corrected you.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Did you mention he had a Modified NTC in your first post. No you didn't. Just admit it, you did not know until I corrected you.

The first thing I did was look at Capfriendly. Lo and behold my eyes saw he had a NMC for the first two years, the relevant timeframe in terms of fitting in Stastny's contract. He did get a contract with a NMC. It also has a modified NTC, that kicks in years later. I'm sorry this triggers you so much that I correctly pointed out he received a six year extension that contained a NMC. I never said the NMC covered the entirety of the deal.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad