Post-Game Talk: Jets give St. Louis the Blues, win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think he was okay. Would rather Samberg be in. If Stan is in I’ll worry Bowness reverts to vets. That way even if we got a rental that would just bump Perfetti, boo!
Not sure I’d put Stanley in the vet category quite yet. He only has a 100 games in and is less than a year older than Samberg. I see them still in competition for the #6 spot and if Bones lands on Stanley it will be for other things than a deference to a vet.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not sure I’d put Stanley in the vet category quite yet. He only has a 100 games in and is less than a year older than Samberg. I see them still in competition for the #6 spot and if Bones lands on Stanley it will be for other things than a deference to a vet.
I didn’t mean in age. I thought Stan has 70 more games than Samberg.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
granted i stopped watching some point in the 3rd but stanley was fine i thought. he got beat by tarasenko on the 1st goal but that'll happen from time to time against premier fwds. i thought stanley was playing relatively well before he got out of the lineup. i've never been super high on samberg tbh, especially relative to some of the commentary on here over the years, i wasn't surprised stanley subbing in for him.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
granted i stopped watching some point in the 3rd but stanley was fine i thought. he got beat by tarasenko on the 1st goal but that'll happen from time to time against premier fwds. i thought stanley was playing relatively well before he got out of the lineup. i've never been super high on samberg tbh, especially relative to some of the commentary on here over the years, i wasn't surprised stanley subbing in for him.
I find Stanley's gaffes are very visible - like he gets walked pretty obviously usually once per game...and he's so big you immediately know it's him. I think he's not a bad 3rd pairing defenseman. You can see what coaches like about his game. Not perfect, but hey...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I find Stanley's gaffes are very visible - like he gets walked pretty obviously usually once per game...and he's so big you immediately know it's him. I think he's not a bad 3rd pairing defenseman. You can see what coaches like about his game. Not perfect, but hey...
Yeah his size stands out so you know it was him. Like when he got deked by Marner badly that one game in the cdn division year. He's adequate as 3rd pair d. Rated Solid in the cdn division year next to demelo , rough last year, mixed bag this year but was trending better before the injury.

Reactions: Inanna

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Yeah his size stands out so you know it was him. Like when he got deked by Marner badly that one game in the cdn division year. He's adequate as 3rd pair d. Rated Solid in the cdn division year next to demelo , rough last year, mixed bag this year but was trending better before the injury.
Late starter (same as wheeler) . He will be fine after a bunch more games.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think he was okay. Would rather Samberg be in. If Stan is in I’ll worry Bowness reverts to vets. That way even if we got a rental that would just bump Perfetti, boo!
I think Samberg deserved to come out. His play has really dropped off of late, it seems like confidence with a bunch of bobbled plays and poor reads/ decisions.

I don't want to see him benched long term but a couple of games to reset might be what the doctor ordered

Reactions: Adam da bomb

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like how Bones is using what is available to him. It not only keeps guys fresh but it is good if someone goes down as well.
It also creates competition which is certainly not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad