Post-Game Talk: Jets give St. Louis the Blues, win 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That Sak injury (that wording might not be appropriate) looked like a cross check - not sure if anyone took a look at it but I don't think it was contact with the boards.
Hope it's not the collar bone or anything serious.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That Sak injury (that wording might not be appropriate) looked like a cross check - not sure if anyone took a look at it but I don't think it was contact with the boards.
Hope it's not the collar bone or anything serious.
It looked like his forearm went awkwardly into the glass when he got hit, it could be a few things

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You know this team is going to face teams that are desperate and the Blues played like a desperate team the back half of the game. The Blues are in very real danger of digging themselves an insurmountable hole. They needed a result tonight. I thought we played a good road game against desperate opponent. It was far from perfect but I think we learn a lot from it.

Helle was in Vezina form tonight, enough said.

JoMo played a real steady all around game, DeMelo was a lot better tonight. The pairing played well.

Pionk with another good night activating. I thought his reads were on point and his defense solid. Dillon was his usual physical self.

Stanley/Schmidt: I thought they started well in the first but fell apart the second two periods. I'm happy Logan got a point but outside of that he was awful. Maybe it's rust but he was running around, getting beat wide and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with most of his shots tonight. Schmidt just isn't good enough to cover for a partner who is scrambling all night. Put Samberg back in he's steadier and that is what Nate needs.

Top line: They were fine, had some good looks and got a goal with Dubois on for Wheeler. Also thought they took care of their end quite well again. Cole got rewarded for some good defensive battles by being put out late and put it away. He deserved that goal after so many good scoring chances the last 5 games. Hopefully he starts cashing more.

Second line kept humming along. Conner was great and sniped a beauty. Mikey was involved and a heads up tip on Kyle's goal. Dubois was a physical force.

Third line: Once again I thought this line was uneven tonight. They had a few good moments and were good on the PK but I thought they really got hemmed a lot again. If there is an upgrade to be made its bringing in some help for Lowry so that the line is able to do what it's deployed to do and suppress their match up.

Gus and Thor worked in and both were fine imo.

Special teams were great.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
LOL

"ST. LOUIS (AP) — Pierre-Luc Dubois scored twice and had an assist, Connor Hellebuyck made 29 saves and the Winnipeg Jets beat the St. Louis Blues 4-2 on Thursday night."

They never stuck around for teh end of game...

Lol the writer forgot to update their score as they ran down to grab post-game quotes.

Whenever I did AP style post-game articles I never wrote down the actual score before the end of the game for this reason - I just put "SCORE" instead.

Last edited:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Jets win and give St. Louis the Blues. I like that...

Blues-Fan.jpg

Yeah, I know that look, I had that most of last season...

The Prediction Contest thread has been posted for the game against Chicago with an updated leaderboard, so check it out. Also the GDT for the Blackhawks game has been posted a bit early, but that's okay, I'll say I'm in the Maritimes and it's past midnight there. Just don't tell anybody, okay?

giphy.gif

Also a big congratulations to @SUX2BU who managed to get the win, AS I PREDICTED! Who's a jinx now, eh...

jinks-the-cat.jpg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I was a bit of a jinx tonight myself.
As I was saying how good Saku was playing for us he got hurt.
Later in the game I started saying how Stanley had been better than expected right as he got blown past on a play that led to a goal against.

The line shuffling was hard to keep track of. I know the 11 forward deal forces that but it seemed even more jumbled than usual.

Losing the Finn could cause more problems than we realize.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Yet another quality start from Hellebuyck. He's the best he's ever been. Wow.

The blues deserve every part of that loss for wearing yellow jerseys. The color yellow fills me with rage, always has.

What's clear is that the Jets will make the playoffs. Hellebuyck is threatening to take them on a deep run. I hope the defensive play catches up with the play of the goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad