Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You said Myers but I assume you meant Hagg. Being able to play in the NHL badly is no help to us. AFAIK he simply hasn't shown that much in the AHL to date. We don't need a #7 D. We need a #5, or better yet a #3-4.

If not for his health question mark Myers would be ideal for you but the price would certainly be higher than Hagg. As it is I can understand a lack of interest on your part.

If everything else worked there would still be that NMC. Maybe he would waive to be on the East coast and closer to home but I wouldn't count on that.

I meant Phillippe Myers, our Myers :)

I would love Tyler, but only if it was on the cheap. A Morin-Myers pairing would be fun to watch.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I meant Phillippe Myers, our Myers :)

I would love Tyler, but only if it was on the cheap. A Morin-Myers pairing would be fun to watch.

:facepalm: OK, now it makes more sense. :laugh:

The only way Tyler is cheap is if he doesn't rebound from his injury. He was playing very well this year until he got hurt. But if he doesn't rebound you aren't going to want him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
:facepalm: OK, now it makes more sense. :laugh:

The only way Tyler is cheap is if he doesn't rebound from his injury. He was playing very well this year until he got hurt. But if he doesn't rebound you aren't going to want him.

I agree,, Just trying to speculate what Jets are going to do with their protecting players. So you think he will be 100% protected ?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
We were earlier talking about Morrissey and how he's been coming together lately.
Here is some comps:
C8wRG9SUQAAo78Z.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We were earlier talking about Morrissey and how he's been coming together lately.
Here is some comps:
C8wRG9SUQAAo78Z.jpg

He's definitely hurt a bit by not getting much pp time. Where does some of his draft class peers fall like Nurse and Ristolinan?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree,, Just trying to speculate what Jets are going to do with their protecting players. So you think he will be 100% protected ?

Nothing is certain but I am assuming 4+4+1 until I see evidence of Chevy finding a way around it. There have been dozens of suggestions but some of them just aren't practical and some seem to fly in the face of Jets management style. Those may be the ones that make the most sense.

The options for Enstrom are 1) waive for the XD only 2) waive for a trade 3) buy-out. 1 & 3 might make sense (highly debatable) but don't seem like Jets. 2 might actually be possible if Toby wants to be closer to home.

His wife (GF?) is fighting cancer and he might actually request a trade so as to be able to get home more easily and quickly. Haven't heard any recent updates on her condition so don't know if that is still a factor or not.

There are other possibilities to get around the XD.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

The funniest difference between the Flyers fans and the Jets fans is you guys actually seem to like Morin and allot of us don't like Stanley (not all that different in their draft years). I have an issue with goofy tall defenders but I wanted nothing to do with either Morin or Stanley on draft day.

Just so you don't think I am a hater I am so jealous you guys laned Myers for nothing :rant: I thought he looked great at the WJHC's.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Here is some comps:
C8wRG9SUQAAo78Z.jpg

Morrissey is a pretty damn good 5v5 player second only to Skjei. A couple of questions what does it mean when Werenski has zero orange on his graph? Also looks like JMo has performed better than Provorov in this graph does this take into account D partners?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The funniest difference between the Flyers fans and the Jets fans is you guys actually seem to like Morin and allot of us don't like Stanley (not all that different in their draft years). I have an issue with goofy tall defenders but I wanted nothing to do with either Morin or Stanley on draft day.

Just so you don't think I am a hater I am so jealous you guys laned Myers for nothing :rant: I thought he looked great at the WJHC's.

I think the main difference is we have Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Friedman and a stable of top D prospects. We have the luxury of being patient with Morin (altho we all knew it takes big guys longer) and even if he just becomes a big , mean, 4-5 Pk beast we will be stoked. But man if he ever becomes more,,,, He and Gudas would be one hell of a mean bottom pair in as little as 1 year,, After next year the dream , which is also realistic is we could have the following below. That's why I kind of like a Enstrom type as a stop gap to let Myers play a full year in AHL.

Provy Sanheim
Ghost Myers
Morin Gudas

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Here is some comps:
C8wRG9SUQAAo78Z.jpg

nice. with some actual PP time (which i don't mind him not having in his rookie season), he'd show better than looking-for-an-eight-year-deal Zaitsev.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the main difference is we have Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Friedman and a stable of top D prospects. We have the luxury of being patient with Morin (altho we all knew it takes big guys longer) and even if he just becomes a big , mean, 4-5 Pk beast we will be stoked. But man if he ever becomes more,,,, He and Gudas would be one hell of a mean bottom pair in as little as 1 year,, After next year the dream , which is also realistic is we could have the following below. That's why I kind of like a Enstrom type as a stop gap to let Myers play a full year in AHL.

Provy Sanheim
Ghost Myers
Morin Gudas

That is a great looking top 4 (pending NHL results of Sanheim and Myers of course) and you have come a long way from the days when your D cupboards were bare.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That is a great looking top 4 (pending NHL results of Sanheim and Myers of course) and you have come a long way from the days when your D cupboards were bare.

Almost polar opposite of the Jets with D and forwards prospects. I am quite surprised how Hexy has fixed Holmgrens mistakes. Really looking fwd to what D man he adds as well, Enstrom and Myers are targets, but there are going to be quite a few good D men available and if Chevy plays it right, he def has the fwd assets to land a top one that some other team can't protect.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Almost polar opposite of the Jets with D and forwards prospects. I am quite surprised how Hexy has fixed Holmgrens mistakes. Really looking fwd to what D man he adds as well, Enstrom and Myers are targets, but there are going to be quite a few good D men available and if Chevy plays it right, he def has the fwd assets to land a top one that some other team can't protect.

This is a very big offseason for Kevin. We shall see if our little Saskatchewan farmer can be a hunter too.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A lot of PP offense for Werenski, too. I love Werenski, but I'm not sure Morrissey is much of a step down.

Ditto. :)

I soooo wanted to trade up to get Werenski. :laugh: Would have cost us Connor + Roslovic + a bit. Right now I'm not sure I would still do it but .... damn he looks good!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Werenski is all about offense and penalties? Defense doesn't even appear on the chart.

His defensive value is considered fairly replacement level. Not uncommon for a rookie defender, although it is possible some of his value is leaking to Jones.

He's definitely hurt a bit by not getting much pp time. Where does some of his draft class peers fall like Nurse and Ristolinan?

Maybe will do later.

Morrissey is a pretty damn good 5v5 player second only to Skjei. A couple of questions what does it mean when Werenski has zero orange on his graph? Also looks like JMo has performed better than Provorov in this graph does this take into account D partners?

It means his defensive impact is estimated about replacement level.

It attempts to, but nothing is perfect.

From that chart, is Carlo really overrated?

Yes, but I've also been saying that of Carlo since his draft days.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

That was a pretty highly touted draft class for defensemen: Jones, Risto, Nurse, Zadorov, Pesce, Theodore, Mueller and Morrissey have all seen NHL action to some extent.

Chop chop, Garret! ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That was a pretty highly touted draft class for defensemen: Jones, Risto, Nurse, Zadorov, Pesce, Theodore, Mueller and Morrissey have all seen NHL action to some extent.

Chop chop, Garret! ;)

Jets went for the small, skilled defenseman. :naughty:

Rene Saari

May 30, 2016
Love the see Trouba / Ekblad trade.
Even though I think Trouba is better than Ekblad.
That is, if he still wants to play somewhere else..

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I haven’t seen WAR numbers by XPM hates Risto. He has the largest negative defensive impact in the NHL. Part of that is ice time related due to a negative /60 number and a LOT of ice time.

Chop chop, Garret! ;)
I’d be interested to see Pesce, I was poking around Slavin’s XPM numbers and got curious why it views him as replacement level defensively when more traditional Corsi based analytics suggests he’s really good defensively. What I think is happening is that XPM things the defensive play is a lot better than the other pairs but a large part of that is other pairings being bad defensively and that on the Pesce/Slavin pairing it’s attributing the defensive play of the pair to Pesce not Slavin.

If this is the case WAR should like Pesce a lot, particularly on the defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad