Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
For Years I considered Evander the superior of the 2 Kanes.

Somehow this years improved run has the Jets at least in the post Season picture as a team that can do damage once a hot streak begins.

My question is after all of the annual hype on the trade Evander rumblings

what would the realistic price of acquiring him be.

Would a starting lineup player and a prospect plus a 2nd-mid round pick be enough

it seems to me that players like Evander have the leadership quotient that no advanced
stats or corsi are showcasing at the moment.

Despite his youth, Evander has what a serious Cup Challenger like the Ducks , Capitals, etc...would need to advance even farther and his ability to get Gordie Howe Hat Tricks doesn't hurt.

Thing is Evander Also has the advanced stats and production of a good top six forward.

Look at your post. You've just described the jets as the ype of team that would love an Evander Kane.

If the jets were out yet ur price is too low still. WhTs a starting roster player? What level of prospect?

If your roster player is a third liner under 24, and the prospects an A Lister, then maybe.

Buuuut... Jets are in the playoffs and look like a legit threat to do damage once there. Were set on defence. Set in goal. Set for the future with 3 top 20 prospects.

Honestly, what's going to give the jets more value now and longterm the. A player that singlehandedly tur ns us from a 2 line team into a 3 line team and is signed for 4 more years?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Thorbs was fine last night, but he's not a long term fit on third line.

Lowry and Kane worked well last night. Play a heavy, cycle game. Wonder if a guy like Ehlers supports that with game breaking ability, or a guy line Frolik, who can adapt to any style.

Will be interesting to see this lineup in a year or two.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It all depends. You can leverage the shot out of your RFA's like CBJ did with Johansen. Or Montreal did with Subban. Then when UFA day comes you have to pay up every penny you saved the first time around. Trouba I'd be down to go for the full 8 years right off the bat.

Scheifele making what Perreault is for two years would probably work best for us and him.

Lowry and Chiarot won't be an issue.

Ladd I hope will be a smooth if not short negotiation. We'll have to pony up fair but I can't see him holding us hostage like Walsh is with Frolik.

Sometimes this is true and sometimes it's not. Except when it is true just what you wanted to happen happened...the player developed into a player who can demand big money. Which is much better then if the player doesn't develop like you hoped and you end up over paying on a long term contract. That is why the vast majority of GM's prefer bridge contracts. You may have to pay a bit more, but at least you know what you are paying for.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sometimes this is true and sometimes it's not. Except when it is true just what you wanted to happen happened...the player developed into a player who can demand big money. Which is much better then if the player doesn't develop like you hoped and you end up over paying on a long term contract. That is why the vast majority of GM's prefer bridge contracts. You may have to pay a bit more, but at least you know what you are paying for.

Yes, exactly ..... but I think it is a mistake then to make the statement "That is why the vast majority of GM's prefer bridge contracts" or to try to say Chevy always does this or always does that that.

I think each situation is evaluated separately. In the cases of Scheifele and Trouba I think Scheifele gets the bridge contract and Trouba gets the 8 year deal. That could change based on the events of the next year+ but that is how it appears to me right now. It comes down to a confidence level. If Trouba's trajectory slows a bit maybe they want to do the bridge deal with him too, just in case.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@koshtorontosun: #NHLJets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff among those in attendance tonight. #Leafs

So Chevy is personally scouting Leafs Devils game.......hmmm

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@koshtorontosun: #NHLJets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff among those in attendance tonight. #Leafs

Well that's interesting. Most of what I'd want from the Leafs is either untouchable (Rielly), priced out of the market, or not the right fit. Aren't the Devils all 57yrs old, as well? ;)

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I would like Winnik please. He is a very solid player and would be a huge boost to the bottom 6.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Well that's interesting. Most of what I'd want from the Leafs is either untouchable (Rielly), priced out of the market, or not the right fit. Aren't the Devils all 57yrs old, as well? ;)

Agreed, don't really like anything for our needs on those two rosters.

I do think a guy like Komorov would be a nice fit and if I remember correctly, we were interested in him prior to signing in TO. I just don't see the leafs looking to move him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Common Jagr!

If the Jets are determined to get a rental, and Jagr comes cheap enough, I would be very interested to see this....

LLW
Perreault-Scheif-Frolik
Kane-Lowry-Jagr
Halischuk-Slater-Thorburn

That third line could be an absolute nightmare to play against.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Jagr probably doesnt care about playing in the playoffs and definitely does not want a western conference travel schedule.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

Jagr, Winnik or Zajac please.

Or..........Reimer for Pavelec. :)

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Seeing Jagr in a Jets jersey would be amazing but I doubt it happens.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Seeing Jagr in a Jets jersey would be amazing but I doubt it happens.

Indeed. Especially if I could go back to 1996 and tell myself as a heartbroken little kid that the Jets added Jagr for a playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad