Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
to Edmonton : Chris Thorburn

to Winnipeg: Edmonton 2015 1st round pick

Edmonton gets a heart and soul locker room player who can absorb punches for the team.

Winnipeg gets a pick that may or may not yield an NHL player.

Risky move for the Jets but I think I might do it. Thoughts? :sarcasm:

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Hope there is nothing to that Bogo to Toronto rumor, I thought he was really good tonight.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Hope there is nothing to that Bogo to Toronto rumor, I thought he was really good tonight.

I would only want to trade Bogo if he was part of a package bringing Taylor Hall to Winnipeg.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

Edmonton gets a heart and soul locker room player who can absorb punches for the team.

Thor is playing every game on a playoff team and can move up in the lineup when injuries hit. What has this draft pick done? nothing.

poor deal. case closed

1-ani-phoenix-deskslam.gif

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I am still trying to figure why anyone even quotes Eklund. I can't think of or remember any story he has ever broken.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice

Not bold enough to get Edmonton out of the hole they're in.

to Winnipeg: Edmnonton's 2015 & 2016 1st round picks
to Edmonton: Chris Thorburn & Ondrej Pavelec

Throw a few more thousand tires on the fire over there.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No Jets should be traded at this time.

Don't worry there won't be. I guess a trade is possible, but if anything it will be smaller ones around the edges. Chevy is not going to drive a stake into the team, the 1st time they are serious contenders for a playoff team.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
No Jets should be traded? What about someone like Postma? I doubt we'd trade anyone with real talent.

But you're right, it should mostly be picks and maybe lower prospects.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I was thinking for the hell of it the other day about a deal involving something like Postma and a pick(likely a 2nd) and maybe something else small for Carl Soderberg.

Sure we don't need more Centers but he really plays the style of game that we have developed here.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No Jets should be traded? What about someone like Postma? I doubt we'd trade anyone with real talent.

But you're right, it should mostly be picks and maybe lower prospects.

Postma is one of the more likely Jet to get traded IMO. As the defense gets healthy he is being pushed back down the depth chart. Once Trouba is back, it is unlikely he will get into the starting lineup very often. And he would actually have some value to other teams compared to Pardy and Harrison.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
No Jets should be traded at this time.

Completely disagree. Forward depth is a huge issue. What happens if Little goes down? We saw what happened when Kane went down, now try losing a top line C.

Slater/Thorburn/Peluso are the Jets 4th line on a HEALTHY roster. Yuck...

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
There is no rational reason to give up assets for forwards when Petan, Ehlers and Burmistrov are coming within months.

With Harrison and Stuart are a pairing, the defense still is not good enough.

It's tempting, but not wise, to go and get something at this point that will give us a boost to get into the playoffs.

A few more month of patience is required. In 15-16 we will be all good to go. No shortcuts now please.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
There is no rational reason to give up assets for forwards when Petan, Ehlers and Burmistrov are coming within months.

With Harrison and Stuart are a pairing, the defense still is not good enough.

It's tempting, but not wise, to go and get something at this point that will give us a boost to get into the playoffs.

A few more month of patience is required. In 15-16 we will be all good to go. No shortcuts now please.

None of those players will help us come playoffs...abd even at that there a chance that petan and ehlers aren't even ready next year.

Our lack of depth became painfully obvious vs the Kings, its something that needs to be seen to before the post season or we'll get swept. Mark my words.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
None of those players will help us come playoffs...abd even at that there a chance that petan and ehlers aren't even ready next year.

Our lack of depth became painfully obvious vs the Kings, its something that needs to be seen to before the post season or we'll get swept. Mark my words.

Our lack of depth has shown all year, all forward,defence and net (progressively gotten worse).

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

This team will not go deep in the playoffs. Everyone knows that. Trading our bottom players for better players won't happen. The idea of trading draft choices or A prospects for depth or middeling players is a plan that Thrashers fined tuned and Jets won't touch. In a few years when our cupboard is more full, sure........maybe.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Slater, Thorburn & Peluso playing 5 minutes a game would kill any playoff run. Our top 3 lines would be so worn down. No way you can win the cup with 3 lines in this era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad