Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I guffawed. I don't blame Evander. I hope he starts trolling all the haters even harder, it's entertaining :laugh:

It was an Instagram post and some moron writes in the comments:

"Is that what we're paying this guy for, to fool around?"

Ummmm, no, Einstein. We're paying him during the season to perform on the ice, which he does. We don't pay him off season but he's expected to be ready for TC and he has posted pics of him beasting at the gym, so, again, fulfilling his obligation.

We don't OWN our hockey players. They are allowed to have personailties and lives outside the rink. At least he ain't grabbing cops ***** :laugh:

"haters gonna hate"

- EK9

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I guffawed. I don't blame Evander. I hope he starts trolling all the haters even harder, it's entertaining :laugh:

It was an Instagram post and some moron writes in the comments:

"Is that what we're paying this guy for, to fool around?"

Ummmm, no, Einstein. We're paying him during the season to perform on the ice, which he does. We don't pay him off season but he's expected to be ready for TC and he has posted pics of him beasting at the gym, so, again, fulfilling his obligation.

We don't OWN our hockey players. They are allowed to have personailties and lives outside the rink. At least he ain't grabbing cops ***** :laugh:

Evander Kane will not take us anywhere, trade him while you can. He is not worth the trouble and distraction. We have some good prospects coming up that can help this team, trading Evander Kane, we can add to that. Evander Kane will only hurt us.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Yeah, I like Evander, I even think that he's a good kid and will turn out fine, but this marriage is over. I'm interested to see the return.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Evander Kane will not take us anywhere, trade him while you can. He is not worth the trouble and distraction. We have some good prospects coming up that can help this team, trading Evander Kane, we can add to that. Evander Kane will only hurt us.

I, too, can see how having a player who has proven to be capable of putting up 30 goals, with no one around him, is a definite detriment to the team.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
IMO, let's just settle down a bit, with Kane.

The guy is having some fun, at Giroux's expense, on Instagram.

For me, this isn't a character red flag or huge concern. A little inappropriate, maybe, but far from being a character issue for me.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Creasy @The_Creasy · 15h

Was just informed that talks have heated up between #Habs and #Jets. Deal would be centered around E.Kane and T.Plekanec.

This is one of the silliest twitter accounts going. What a crap deal for the Jets. :laugh:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
"haters gonna hate"

- EK9

I can only speak for myself. I don't hate Kane. I just happen to think he's not very mature and doesn't know when it may be appropriate to say nothing...

I think it's safe to say that he's become a distraction here. Not many "star" players are healthy scratches by two coaches in one year. The media or fans didn't scratch him for those two games - the team did. Just sayin...

And if he is dealt to another team, I bet the same thing happens there too, eventually.

Just my opinion. We'll see...

Last edited:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
One of the following would make me happy:
Derek Roy
Dustin Penner

Andrei Loktionov
Daniel Winnik
David Legwand

I've warmed up to Penner, I actually think he could do well here. And I still like Roy, as I did last year and have for the longest time. He can play wing or centre, which would offer us good versatility, and he can contribute some secondary offense.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
This is probably it. He posted 12 hrs ago, I just saw it. Plus it was Instagram, not twitter.

evander9kane
I have to believe that this was the fine officer Mr.Giroux kindly said hello too. #canyouimagineifitwasme #winnipegmedia

I find that hilarious.

It's funny. The Winnipeg Media trashes Evander in traditional media (print and radio) and he trashes them on Social Media. Seems fair to me.

I'm sure some of our media people won't be able to take this rather harmless joke (I think Rick Ralph complained about it already)

Also how come a player like Roberto Luongo can send off similar tweets harmlessly poking fun like this and get away with no one batting an eye but Evander has character issues because he does it.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
I am with everyone who does not think this is much a big deal regarding Kane. He may have an inflated ego but if he can pot 30+ this year than he is just fine by me. Now- if that behaviour translates poorly in the dressing room well that is for PoMo or Chevy to address. I must admit I am only slightly warming up to an Evander trade but given how UFA has gone so far for us any trade involving EK must bring us back a pretty large net positive.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I am at the point where I'd like to keep Byfuglien and add to what we have. If our forwards stay as they are, and we add a top 6/9 forward, we look pretty good in that regard, in my opinion. I'd like to see what this group could do under a season of Maurice. So, I am hoping Kane and Byfuglien stick around and we add. Unless of course there is a good deal out there, then by all means I am open to it if it improves the team.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
pan off Nelson? [mod] Grabner et al sure, but Nelson is the ****

Agreed. Pawn of Nelson? Nelson and Grabner shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. One is a 22 year old, 6'3" Centre (who can play the wing), who just came off a decent rookie season (14 goals and 26 points), followed that up by playing excellent in the World Championships, and getting talked about as a potential #1LW for JT.

The other is Grabner.

I'd be happy if the Jets could get a guy like Nelson for Buff. I'd rather have Nelson than B Schenn.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Agreed- Guerzy. But I am getting this sick feeling that a top 6 - unless we overpay is out of our reach- check that out of Chevy's reach. Gonna need to trade an asset is my prediction.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This is one of the silliest twitter accounts going. What a crap deal for the Jets. :laugh:

That would be a real head scratcher. 4 years of Kane for 2 of Plekanec? Why sign Perrault? To move him to wing?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That would be a real head scratcher. 4 years of Kane for 2 of Plekanec? Why sign Perrault? To move him to wing?

Meh, the owner of the account is probably a Habs fan that hangs out on HF. I've seen Plekanec for Kane in about 80 different threads over the last six months. Standard issue offer in classic HF style:

you've got a guy we want, but we perceive he has issues (which we'll overlook here but use to devalue him for trade purposes) so we'll offer a guy with less term and potentially his own issues that we'd like to offload because he's older and we don't think he can keep it up but we don't want to tell you that because he outscored your guy (with issues) that can't seem to score anymore (in spite of playing with Wright and Thorburn which we won't or can't acknowledge) because I'm not really paying any attention to who he's playing with or what's going on in Winnipeg but I really, really, really want Evander Kane.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Alternate version is to offer multiple inferior pieces Winnipeg has no real use for.

After Jets fans reject offer, tell them they are asking to much for Kane. Blah, blah, blah.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Of all the Kane stuff that people have gotten upset over this one is by far the tamest. I don't even understand what people are upset about. The other ones I can understand why some people would have an issue with it. This one, not so much.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Of all the Kane stuff that people have gotten upset over this one is by far the tamest. I don't even understand what people are upset about. The other ones I can understand why some people would have an issue with it. This one, not so much.

My panties aren't in a knot about it but maybe some are upset about joking around after the disrespect of a police officer maybe?

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lawless said its $65MM

So assuming Frolik gets a $3m cap hit we are only sitting at ~$60m, so ~$5m left to sign a 3rd line LW and top 4 LD. That's more than enough room.

Capgeek link here http://capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/34123

Edit: It might not be enough room. Think the Jets will just roll with O'Dell on the 3rd line? That extra $4m of cap space could really help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad