Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sure, but I don't see them moving a Strome. They will try to pan off guys like Nelson and Grabner plus picks and b prospects imo and if that's the case I'd just as soon keep Buff at wing this year and allow Bogo to hopefully bounce back.

And we'd try and pawn off Postma or Pardy. Deals only get done when there's a desire from both sides.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Sure, but I don't see them moving a Strome. They will try to pan off guys like Nelson and Grabner plus picks and b prospects imo and if that's the case I'd just as soon keep Buff at wing this year and allow Bogo to hopefully bounce back.

pan off Nelson? [mod] Grabner et al sure, but Nelson is the ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
NYI and WPG should be good trading partners based on needs, something around Bogo and Strome? Not sure who would add there, or maybe that's fairly fair straight up. Most the other pieces they have just don't really interest me.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
NYI and WPG should be good trading partners based on needs, something around Bogo and Strome? Not sure who would add there, or maybe that's fairly fair straight up. Most the other pieces they have just don't really interest me.

I'd be hesitant to trade Bogo for a forward who has never played in the NHL.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
They have some bigger pieces like Strome , or some like Nelson and Grabner as we both mentioned. If there was a trade , it could be massaged in a way that would work I think . Isles have a real desire , ( Snow ) to win and make an impact now, so trading futures as well could certainly be a part of it.

They have too many pieces at forward now , somethings going to happen I think . May not be with us , but I bet we explore the possibility .

I thought at the deadline they might target Frans Nielson. Both have same amount of term on contract and age wise its compatible. Isles are loaded up the middle and Frans is a two way guy who played in the top 6 there. I would hope Wpg could pry a little more, but I could see something with these 2 as the main figures. I suppose Schiefle would play on the wing in this scenario???

jetkarma*

Isles have a real abundance of forwards after the signings and I really think Snow wants/needs to have an impact year . Not saying this likely but there is something to be explored here.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg

He had 18 points in 37 games with his peek into the NHL. Obviously he has to prove more on the NHL level, but the same can be said about needing Bogo to prove that he can bounce back from his slump this year.

I also really like Strome, which made me think of this, though I'd hesitate as well, so I wanted to see other Jet's fans opinion.

Wpg Jets Fan

Aug 13, 2008
Wild West
Isles have a real abundance of forwards after the signings and I really think Snow wants/needs to have an impact year . Not saying this likely but there is something to be explored here.

Garth snow needs to be relieved of his duties [mod].... Milbury 2.0! Gabo and kuli would have been alright pick ups, and we can ***** about chevy's lack of activity. But at the end if the day he is doing the right thing. Buffalo, NYI and FLA have signed an abundance of players, good for them! They need to reach the cap floor, nowhere did they even get to think about a player who is a good fit or team chemistry. They will be **** teams again and again. It's a cycle of overpaid **** ufa's that never ends for those teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duir

If the reports are right about the Jets in talks with Penner and Heatley, I would much rather have Heatley. I don't know why, I just think he might be a good 3rd line LW.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Garth snow needs to be relieved of his duties [mod].... Milbury 2.0! Gabo and kuli would have been alright pick ups, and we can ***** about chevy's lack of activity. But at the end if the day he is doing the right thing. Buffalo, NYI and FLA have signed an abundance of players, good for them! They need to reach the cap floor, nowhere did they even get to think about a player who is a good fit or team chemistry. They will be **** teams again and again. It's a cycle of overpaid **** ufa's that never ends for those teams.

I sure wouldn't bet that the Jets finish with more points than the Isles. At least Snow recognized that his goaltending sucked and took steps to fix it. Added a top 6 player and a top 9 player today. Needs d help, but has some assets to address that fact.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He had 18 points in 37 games with his peek into the NHL. Obviously he has to prove more on the NHL level, but the same can be said about needing Bogo to prove that he can bounce back from his slump this year.

I also really like Strome, which made me think of this, though I'd hesitate as well, so I wanted to see other Jet's fans opinion.

People are making Bogosian's season to be some horrific regression. He had uneven points but he still beasted top minutes and played against some of the best in the league.

I think there's a slight overreaction here and I think we are still to see the best from Zach.

Zach Bogosian at his potential >>>> Strome at his.

Again, I think it's Byfuglien that we should be trading.

teucer

Jul 9, 2011
Windsor, ON
If the reports are right about the Jets in talks with Penner and Heatley, I would much rather have Heatley. I don't know why, I just think he might be a good 3rd line LW.

I'd rather have Penner to be honest, if it was down to those two. He would bring Stanley cup experience and is more physical than Heatley. He goes to the net on occasion which is what I feel we lack. He's 31 we can probably get two years out of him till one of our youngins slips into place. Plus there is pancakes.

Thrashers drafted Heatley and he played 3 seasons there. He isn't a very good defender, lacks physicality, skating isn't his strength, and hasn't scored more than 30 goals in last 4 seasons. Didn't like his attitude in Ottawa either.

KYL.jpg

Duir

I'd rather have Penner to be honest, if it was down to those two. He would bring Stanley cup experience and is more physical than Heatley. He goes to the net on occasion which is what I feel we lack. He's 31 we can probably get two years out of him till one of our youngins slips into place. Plus there is pancakes.

Thrashers drafted Heatley and he played 3 seasons there. He isn't a very good defender, lacks physicality, skating isn't his strength, and hasn't scored more than 30 goals in last 4 seasons. Didn't like his attitude in Ottawa either.

KYL.jpg

Good call. Forgot about the attitude. Maybe it has changed? Who knows.

Would be interested in RW Brian Gibbons from PIT TBH. I liked what I saw in the games I saw him in....seems a bit underrated.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Rumours are Washington would like to trade out of RW depth for a LW or C. Suggestions that Brouwer or Ward could be had. Could be a destination for Kane. If Buff was traded or moved back to D, Ward/Brouwer would be a good replacement. Wouldn't mind their 2015 #1 and a prospect in that package.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would rather go play short handed all season that have a loser like Heatley pollute this organization. Zero time of day for Danny boy he use to be a good player but he really sucks now.

jetkarma*

People are making Bogosian's season to be some horrific regression. He had uneven points but he still beasted top minutes and played against some of the best in the league.

I think there's a slight overreaction here and I think we are still to see the best from Zach.

Zach Bogosian at his potential >>>> Strome at his.

Again, I think it's Byfuglien that we should be trading.

As always , who we may trade depends on the return imo .

If the option to trade Bogosian is there and not Buff and the return works , then we can work with that as I prefer Buff at D , think it makes us better and we should be able to get a player(s) back for a trade for Bogosian that would be an upgrade over Buff at forward. Of course we don't know if Buff being a full time D works for Maurice or not and what the offer would be for Bogosian.

This scenario ( NYI/ WPG ) has more validity than virtually all trade proposals we tend to see imo . Not saying it will happen of course , but it definitely could.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Rumours are Washington would like to trade out of RW depth for a LW or C. Suggestions that Brouwer or Ward could be had. Could be a destination for Kane. If Buff was traded or moved back to D, Ward/Brouwer would be a good replacement. Wouldn't mind their 2015 #1 and a prospect in that package.

Didn't Scheifele and Ward play well together at the World Championships?

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I want nothing to do with Heatley. Penner or Stempniak would be far stronger options.

We could run with a top 9 of

Ladd-Little-Frolik
Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Penner-Perrault-Byfuglien

There's always the possibility that Lowry or Lipon make the club come fall.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002

He had 14 points in the last 20 games of the season (post Olympic break) and was a central figure in the Isles top PP unit that was without John Tavares. Sure it's a small sample size, but at 20 years old he looked comfortable as a top six player and an impact power play guy in the last quarter of the season.

Regardless, the Isles would never trade Strome for Bogo straight up. They like him every bit as much (maybe more) than the Jets like Scheifele. Would you trade Scheifele for someone like Dmitri Kulikov? I wouldn't.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd also easily chose Penner over heatly. While he doesn't hit that much he'd still bring did possession numbers to the middle six and some tertiary scoring. He also is very good on the cycle and holding up pucks which is am area where we lack.

I can't see Heatly adding anything to this team. He is much to slow to play our system.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think I'd wait to see if a team at the cap wanted to move a top 6 fwd as a cap dump. Hopefully that deal would be very attractive, not costing too much in assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad