Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Ducks • Tue, Oct 29 @ 9:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The answer is really not that difficult - try a few combo's until they find something that works.
This is not a default move - the top 6 has been shuffled a few times already and we are not scoring - so keep trying.

Many have held Mo accountable for not making moves when things don't appear to be working -
Things don't appear to be working - give it a shot and see how it goes before assuming it won't work based on the "history" of players that are better now than they were then.
Yeah, because this line up will show us something new now? Only seen it for a couple hundred games.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Yeah, because this line up will show us something new now? Only seen it for a couple hundred games.

Not this year -
Might surprise you - why not wait and see before assuming it's a fail.
Players are developing, games are changing, maybe that's what was needed?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Nice to see the pointless waiver scrub contributing :shakehead

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The answer is really not that difficult - try a few combo's until they find something that works.
This is not a default move - the top 6 has been shuffled a few times already and we are not scoring - so keep trying.

Many have held Mo accountable for not making moves when things don't appear to be working -
Things don't appear to be working - give it a shot and see how it goes before assuming it won't work based on the "history" of players that are better now than they were then.
I think it’s understandable to feel a little meh about what looks like the same old. LSE hasn’t really been given any extended look though, so while Mo has shuffled things around, he’s not venturing too far out of his comfort zone.
Certainly not going to be all doom and gloom about it, or predict its failure, these are all good hockey players that get paid to make things work.

Reactions: Duke749 and AKAChip

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The problem with that logic is that players like Laine and Ehlers have produced more than their share, its players like Wheeler and Connor who haven't, so rewarding them with top line time for that is strange.

The other issue is that Wheeler's completely forgotten how to run the PP and now seems to just try to snipe it with his awful shot.

If there's one change that's needed it's demoting Wheeler to the 3rd line and promoting Roslovic.
Roslo is doing just fine where he is, I don’t understand the zeal to keep bouncing him around constantly. The guy’s whole career has been a yo yo so far, let him keep establishing something with Copp and Lowry. His TOI will be great with those guys and he can contribute with them.

Wheeler isn’t the sole problem with the PP, he’s the scapegoat for the misinformed. Not a single player on that unit is performing up to standard and *gasp * that includes Laine.
Zone entries are a problem, roatation is a problem, quicker puck movement and support is a problem, shooting is a problem. That whole unit is a train wreck, but blame Wheeler, sure.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think it’s understandable to feel a little meh about what looks like the same old. LSE hasn’t really been given any extended look though, so while Mo has shuffled things around, he’s not venturing too far out of his comfort zone.
Certainly not going to be all doom and gloom about it, or predict its failure, these are all good hockey players that get paid to make things work.

I understand the sentiment - many are not thrilled with the notion of LY's status quo.
There's nothing saying the newest look will stick either - I think he's moving pcs around to get something going and he's not being very patient.
He's looking for a spark that'll start a fire - he knows Helle won't save them every night (like he has been).

One thing I notice when the blender is out - it's drives competition for top spots and brings out the best in those seeking those spots.

I don't really care which wingers end up on #1 - they can all play well with Scheif and they have all shown that.
I also haven't seen a lot of consistency on the top line with the moves we've made - and I'm referring to work / drive.
So MO moves the wingers around trying to get them to settle in at a high level - not just settle in.

I understand the desire to leave things alone for awhile and see if we can get something to stick - but I also get why he has the blender on high - he's hoping to get a spark that'll open the flood gates.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
This hasn't been an easy year to cheer for the Jets. It's mostly a steady run of unfortunate news, with just enough sunshine and rainbows to prevent me from utilizing Skip The Dishes for every meal...

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Not this year -
Might surprise you - why not wait and see before assuming it's a fail.
Players are developing, games are changing, maybe that's what was needed?

Because if you don't learn from mistakes you will keep repeating them until there's nothing left but a massive failure. If it was a poker game, Maurice should have folded this hand without paying the blind but him and you have the mentality that we should keep betting on this shit hand. You can still win the money back if you fold it now and bet on a better hand, but if you waste it all on this, jokes on you.

There is no rational reason for these lines. It's totally feelings based, Wheeler runs the show and to some, that's preferable. As long as the horrid coaching choices favors the sacred cow.

Reactions: hn777

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Hey, you never know -
Maybe the new and improved Ehlers / Laine will make that combination work - won't hurt to take a look at it considering nothing in the top 6 is currently tearing up the league.

I agree that Ehlers and Laine (minus his recent Sbisa affliction) should look better with Little then what that mostly has looked like in the past because 27 & 29 are playing quite well and B Litts has a little momentum and mojo coming off his OT win.

Still no reason to try it.

At least try CLL before ELL.

Sounds like were getting ELR anyways as Laine will be held out as a precaution if there is anything wrong.

Mo's weird numbers sounded like something related to expected goals maybe?

Boston's top line just outscored our whole team in one game.
For a team with a lot of speed and skill we sure suck at scoring some times. Imagine Helly playing hot WITH run support!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I look at this a bit differently than a lot of posters. Firstly, I think Ehlers should always be used on power play # 1, because he gain gain the zone easily, and is one of the best stick handlers with the puck. This would be key to getting the power play going. I still think Laine is a bit awkward and skaky with the puck. His stickhandling is improving, but he isn't close to Ehlers IMO.

I also think Ehlers would be the most productive of either Laine, or Connor, on the 1st line, but I'm not so sure I'd want him there, because Scheifele can gain the zone and drive the line. I think Ehler's is fine on the 2nd line -- keeps up the speed threat.

I may like to see Wheeler dropped down to the 2nd line, and I'd also like to see him at center, as he did fine at that position when Scheifele was injured -- but Little at the 2 C is also OK with me.

You could put Wheeler on the 2nd line at winger, and see what happens ? I'd shake things up a bit --we're starting to sputter, and are having a hard time scoring -- be nice to see a "spark" and get things going here. ( some scoring)

Reactions: FonRiesen

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
GDT is up.

GDT: - Game 13: WPG @ ANA |Halloween special| Oct 29, 2019 – 9:00pm CT, ESPN+, PRIME, TSN3

tumblr_n8mjbl8Jju1td73xio1_400.gif

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad