Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Ducks • Tue, Oct 29 @ 9:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Mathieu Perreault & Kyle Connor.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On Laine leaving the ice early today, does he have an update? Getting the players on the ice today. Putting Kyle Connor back up with Scheifele and Wheeler. Are the recent numbers a good indication of a commitment to team defence? On opportunities lost with players missing the net. How good is playing the Heritage Classic and an off day for this team? Any update on Nathan Beaulieu?

To listen click here.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Sbisa injures Laine. You can't make this up.

Experienced vet, good in the infirmary?

Sbisa is a clumsy player, always has been. Maybe an unlucky accident, maybe looking to mark his mark early, maybe he's a sleeper agent for the Ducks, pissed off about having to swap ANA for WPG? An auspicious debut.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Sbisa injures Laine. You can't make this up.

giphy.gif

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Byfield will look amazing in a Jets' jersey :sarcasm: :laugh:

Man, the amount of bad luck this season keeps on trucking. :(

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Well, if the Jets are going to be down both Laine and Lowry for this game, it's the right team to be playing. Might be able to sneak by them even with the weaker roster.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Top scorer on the Moose. A center to possibly replace Lowry. Not sure what option was desired
I don’t care if he’s the top scorer on the Moose. He’s a player that is who he is at this point and a proven failure in the NHL. The logical option would play Copp at centre and call up Luoto or Chibisov who showed well in preseason and have some tangible upside.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'd play esw and clr. Little and Roslo need a finisher. Schief can finish off Ehlers playmaking. Hopefully this forces Jets to change up pp so more movement. Go eswc and Mo. 2nd pp unit Roslo, little, Perrault Pionk Heinola.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I don’t care if he’s the top scorer on the Moose. He’s a player that is who he is at this point and a proven failure in the NHL. The logical option would play Copp at centre and call up Luoto or Chibisov who showed well in preseason and have some tangible upside.

Have you been watching the Moose? People I know that go to Moose games say that Luoto and Chibisov have not played well.

I don't care who is younger. I care who is the best player to step in and play the best because the call up will be in the line-up tomorrow.

Reactions: Roughneck1

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Can't stand listening to Maurice. The contradictions just make me crazy. He spewed a bunch of numbers, 227 to 205 or something. What were those numbers?

"...putting Kyle back with Mark and Blake for tomorrow?"

"We did in the last period last game and umm... We put up some offense and our pace picked up. Everybody knows the numbers we've gone from 277 to about 270, we're prorated at about 205 this year so... I haven't done it, I haven't put that line together yet this season. We are not generating with those six players as much as we'd like so we'll give it a run... There's nothing going to be permanent, but umm... Patrik not at a 100% and we'll watch his minutes a little bit"

Everybody knows... I'm guessing they are numbers that "prove" that ELL and CSW is the way to go. Someone needs to tell Maurice that CSW was together for 2 minutes last game.

Reactions: Halberdier

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

"We did in the last period last game and umm... We put up some offense and our pace picked up. Everybody knows the numbers we've gone from 277 to about 270, we're prorated at about 205 this year so... I haven't done it, I haven't put that line together yet this season. We are not generating with those six players as much as we'd like so we'll give it a run... There's nothing going to be permanent, but umm... Patrik not at a 100% and we'll watch his minutes a little bit"

Everybody knows... I'm guessing they are numbers that "prove" that ELL and CSW is the way to go. Someone needs to tell Maurice that CSW was together for 2 minutes last game.

LSE really started something special for the period they were together imo. Looked much better than CSW. again imo.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

We saw ESL and CLW in the previous game and they looked damn good.

I expect you are right about those numbers but they are gibberish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad