Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Interesting: Paul Edmonds of TSN said that Galiardi offered to give Stafford #21 but Staff politely refused.

There is no doubt in my mind that that either means that he's a horrible teammate that never even thought about re-signing with us, or that he is such a great teammate that he wouldn't want to take that number, even from that teammate, and that is why he immediately set his mind on re-signing.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
There is no doubt in my mind that that either means that he's a horrible teammate that never even thought about re-signing with us, or that he is such a great teammate that he wouldn't want to take that number, even from that teammate, and that is why he immediately set his mind on re-signing.

I agree! It is absolutely, positively, abundantly clear that Stafford is either an amazing teammate, a horrible teammate, or I guess possibly somewhere in the middle.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Talk about a dichotomy.

I agree! It is absolutely, positively, abundantly clear that Stafford is either an amazing teammate, a horrible teammate, or I guess possibly somewhere in the middle.

Hey! None of that!

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Clearly a joke, but people are making a big deal out of it.

Yeah I'm not seeing the big deal either but everyone seems like this is such good proof that Kane had to go or something.

****, I've probably flipped my best friends off more than people I dislike.

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah I'm not seeing the big deal either but everyone seems like this is such good proof that Kane had to go or something.

lol, exactly. I've got some friends/co-workers that this is our daily routine of how we say good morning to each other.

I'm sure there may be some situations where Buff and Kane may be frustrated with each other, but this is obviously just friendly joking around.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have to say, Buff flipping him off, people are laughing it off but if Kane had been the one flipping someone off it would have been poopstorm of epic proportions

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Good lord, I've flipped off my wife and daughter on multiple occasions. Oh sure, they'd probably like to see me go, but there's no where to trade me to. :p:

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I have to say, Buff flipping him off, people are laughing it off but if Kane had been the one flipping someone off it would have been poopstorm of epic proportions

Not if Buff was smiling just like Kane is in this pic. well yeah, actually some probably would. Some people just want to hate, ...and throw jerseys :shakehead

rav722

Oct 31, 2014
I wonder if they really plan on keeping all 3 guys on the right side. In my mind, Trouba is not going anywhere. Myers is great, can eat big minutes and on such a great cost efficient contract, I don't really see us trading him. Buff I think is such a huge part of the team identity. I really hope we keep Buff, but he will command the most $$ of the 3 and is the oldest. I think if anyone goes after next season its him.

I hope the plan is to resign Buff and keep all 3. But does that make sense to do that?

It might make sense if they plan to move buff in 3 years after a deep run in SCP and when truba is undisputed #1. With $$ saved on bogo buff could get a front loaded long term contract, easier to move in 3 years when buff's age become an issue.

But I trust Chevy has plan already. Guy is a patient long view kind of GM.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Only Jets <50% since the trade:
B9-tqRoCEAAejxM.png

Hahaha

No number is really that meaningful other than descriptive of what happened at this sample, but funny.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have such a strong gut feeling that Kane in Buffalo is not at all going to work out.

Like it ends up being a buyout or trade from Buffalo.

seasontixholder*

Interesting: Paul Edmonds of TSN said that Galiardi offered to give Stafford #21 but Staff politely refused.

My read on this which means crap is that maybe Stafford wants a fresh start. Changing numbers by pro athletes usually start with that.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Stafford was quoted today saying how easy it is to mesh with such a great group of guys. Don't wanna put too much stock into this, but dressing room culture could assist Chevy in signing him, we know the organization treats players right, but if they enjoy their time in room that should help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad