Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Hey Guys,

We're excited to see what Kane can do next year with a fresh start. Hope Myers continues to excel on your D corps for years to come.

I'm not sure where to ask this but can anyone give me a run down on why Kane got such a bad rap in Winnipeg? I assume it can't just be a couple of twitter photos and the track suit thing. Everyone is convinced the kid has a terrible attitude, but I haven't seen anything other than some annoying social media stuff. Just curious.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1831369

@FriedgeHNIC: Myers Stafford Armia Lemieux and first for Bogosian and Kane

@FriedgeHNIC: Jason Kasdorf a goalie from RPI also goes in deal

So:
:sabres
Kane
Bogo
Kasdorf

:jets
Myers
Armia
Stafford (50% retained)
Lemieux
2015 1st (Worst of the 1st round picks Buffalo currently has, according to Dreger. Sorry boys, we didn't trade Kane for McEichel)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Lots of undercurrents on this trade:

- Huge $$$ savings by Chevy
- Essentially chose Buff over Bogo
- Traded one healthy roster player (Bogo) for three (Myers, Stafford, Armia)
- I wouldn't be surprised if our 2015 2nd or even the later 1st are now in play for another forward
- This in the latest 30 thoughts:

How big has Adam Lowry been for Winnipeg? For a long time, the Jets wanted a centre as part of any Kane return. His arrival and development changed that need.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

- Traded one roster player (Kane) for three (Myers, Stafford, Armia)
- I wouldn't be surprised if our 2015 2nd or even the later 1st are now in play for another forward

This part has an intriguing storyline developing: it's already been said that Armia will get a shot with the big club at some point. If he can fill that middle-six / 3rd line role, then I don't think we see any of our picks moved this year.

If that happens, it'll be quite the player grab at the draft this year. If you look at previous drafts, there are some very good players in the 16-24th spot (likely range for our picks, if we make the playoffs).

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I'd hope that if Chevy does trade our late first rounder or second rounder that its for a forward with some term, and not just a rental. Ideally Arima is ready to step in a contribute now.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I heard a Jets fan say that next to Datsyuk last night Myers was the best player on the ice....Did you guys ever say that sort of thing about Bogosian ?

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I heard a Jets fan say that next to Datsyuk last night Myers was the best player on the ice....Did you guys ever say that sort of thing about Bogosian ?

I don't think I've ever said he was the best player on the ice but many times he was our best D man this year IMO.

He plays a pretty solid game usually but he's had alot of injury problems.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Myers played very well. There were times Bogo was a force in games, but Myers looks like he can be that kind of player much more often.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I don't think I've ever said he was the best player on the ice but many times he was our best D man this year IMO.

He plays a pretty solid game usually but he's had alot of injury problems.

gotcha...ok thanks...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Myers played very well. There were times Bogo was a force in games, but Myers looks like he can be that kind of player much more often.

It's very early, but what I've noticed about Myers is that he's much more effective at taking the puck away from opposition than Bogo ever was. Bogo would deliver bigger hits, but seldom stripped away the puck and turned over possession. Myers does a much better job of containing the offensive player, then taking the puck away. He and Buff both look very adept at this. I think this will really help the Jets possession game. If Myers keeps playing with Enstrom, he should have a ready outlet to move the puck if he runs into trouble.

Based on the small bit I've seen so far, I think that the Jets' D is going to be upgraded considerably with Myers instead of Bogosian.

Considering that the Jets just played two of the quicker pressuring teams in the NHL, I think Myers looked fine in managing the game. He'll only get better at handling the speed and pressure in the West, and will be even better against teams without that much quickness.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
It's very early, but what I've noticed about Myers is that he's much more effective at taking the puck away from opposition than Bogo ever was. Bogo would deliver bigger hits, but seldom stripped away the puck and turned over possession. Myers does a much better job of containing the offensive player, then taking the puck away. He and Buff both look very adept at this. I think this will really help the Jets possession game. If Myers keeps playing with Enstrom, he should have a ready outlet to move the puck if he runs into trouble.

Based on the small bit I've seen so far, I think that the Jets' D is going to be upgraded considerably with Myers instead of Bogosian.

Considering that the Jets just played two of the quicker pressuring teams in the NHL, I think Myers looked fine in managing the game. He'll only get better at handling the speed and pressure in the West, and will be even better against teams without that much quickness.

I agree, he has what a 15 ft reach with that stick! Very impressed with what I have seen from him so far.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
On CC last night.. Cherry had mentioned that Lemieux is going to be the steal of this trade. Hope he's right. Says Winnipeg fans are going to love Brendan.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
If I was a Sabres fan, I'd be a little hesitant to pick up a Kane jersey...

Then again, what do I know? I have a #4 Bogosian jersey that's doubly outdated.

bazaaa*

On CC last night.. Cherry had mentioned that Lemieux is going to be the steal of this trade. Hope he's right. Says Winnipeg fans are going to love Brendan.

Don Cherry said it, must be legit! Cherry likes him because he plays rough and can still score obviously. Not that I disagree with him but a lot of garbage comes out of Cherry's mouth that I wouldn't put any stock in.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

- Traded one healthy roster player (Bogo) for three (Myers, Stafford, Armia)
- This in the latest 30 thoughts:

Not sure he chose Buff over Bogo. I do believe he bought himself sufficient time to negotiate with Buff before his alternate RHD's NMC kicks in though. He'll have one of Trouba and Buff or Myers, both of which are completely fine to fill out the top two pairings on the right side.

He found himself another potential RFA to play wing that he can negotiate with. Stafford and Frolik aren't all that different. I love Fro, but I think playing on a team that wants to compete we're going to come to love Stafford as well. If Fro's agent wants to play hardball there's this other guy....

Stocked the prospect pool AND the pick pool.

Opened up lots of options, rid himself of one headache and a bunch of salary. :nod:

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
I wonder if they really plan on keeping all 3 guys on the right side. In my mind, Trouba is not going anywhere. Myers is great, can eat big minutes and on such a great cost efficient contract, I don't really see us trading him. Buff I think is such a huge part of the team identity. I really hope we keep Buff, but he will command the most $$ of the 3 and is the oldest. I think if anyone goes after next season its him.

I hope the plan is to resign Buff and keep all 3. But does that make sense to do that?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Cherry also said that he thinks Mark Stuart is going help Myers become a great defenseman (or something to that effect). His opinion is not that great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad