Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Honestly, I don't know why people still care about Kane. He has been off the team for years, and he isn't that prominent a player that it's worth focusing on him, IMO.
Yup, like most have said, ship has sailed, old news, so yesterday, etc. People still wearing track suits to games are two years late. I hate booing period, it drives me nuts, but that's just me.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
it is time Winnipeg got over the whole Kane thing. starting to make us look bush imo.

We don’t do jilted well do we :laugh:. Evander is enough of an ass hat that I think most people get it but yea at some point we may want to move on. Friday nights with the extra drinking adds an element.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kane is the type of guy that could help a team for a playoff run if they are all in. Rental is almost ideal for his toxic personality. What is more interesting is who is going to bend over for EK9’s next contract knowing what they all know now.
Yup. Kane's having a strong performance in a contract year, but buyer beware for his next contract.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Honestly, I don't know why people still care about Kane. He has been off the team for years, and he isn't that prominent a player that it's worth focusing on him, IMO.
Tend to agree. But Kane added a bit of fuel by saying the two players he'd like to fight most are Ladd and Wheeler. That's just bush league, and shows what a cancer he was for the local team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tend to agree. But Kane added a bit of fuel by saying the two players he'd like to fight most are Ladd and Wheeler. That's just bush league, and shows what a cancer he was for the local team.

Evander likes the attention doesn’t he. Ignore him if you want to get under his skin.

Reactions: Robinson2187
Nov 24, 2006
He's still a good player but that trade did us very well. Myers, Roslovic, Lemieux, and Armia. Two of the four are important to the Jets success this year, and I suspect one if not both of the others will contribute in the near future. Maybe no one is a star, but they are adding important pieces to a winning team. This is what matters.

Buffalo has squat from that trade in terms of the big picture. Kane remains the best player in the trade but how has that helped them? But I understand why they made that trade at the time.

Evander is having a nice year, he'll get traded at the deadline, sign in LA or Vegas next year and that will be that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He's still a good player but that trade did us very well. Myers, Roslovic, Lemieux, and Armia. Two of the four are important to the Jets success this year, and I suspect one if not both of the others will contribute in the near future. Maybe no one is a star, but they are adding important pieces to a winning team. This is what matters.

Buffalo has squat from that trade in terms of the big picture. Kane remains the best player in the trade but how has that helped them? But I understand why they made that trade at the time.

Evander is having a nice year, he'll get traded at the deadline, sign in LA or Vegas next year and that will be that.
Buffalo would be way better off with Myers, Armia, Roslovic and Lemieux. They could have traded Stafford for picks as a rental, too. Overall, it's been a bad trade for the Sabres, and very good for the Jets.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yup, like most have said, ship has sailed, old news, so yesterday, etc. People still wearing track suits to games are two years late. I hate booing period, it drives me nuts, but that's just me.

I refrained from the booing myself as I always appreciated Kane's effort (regardless of how much of a jerk he was).
I will say the one play where he slowly went to the bench and the boos changed to a strong cheer (for him leaving the ice) was very funny.

To me his very first interview with CBC filmed at the end of the summer / start of fall at Assiniboine Park and played during the pre-game of the first ever game vs Montreal is why he still deserves to be booed. The reporter asked him a very simple "how do you find Winnipeg" type question. The softest, easiest question that could be asked. Kane regardless of how he actually feels could easily have "hockey" answered it... but instead he hesitated and left a pregnant pause and showed on his face how he did not like being on the Jets. It was a s@#$^&y thing to do and completely uncalled for. He so easily could have been the most popular player here. Instead he chose another path.

It's all on him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That's what the booing was for then.

In general, it doesn't bug me if someone is booed, but during the national anthem... that's uncalled for.

Reactions: ps241

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

I’m not sure LV or LA are interested in EK. Seems antithesis of what the Knights are all about and don’t see him lasting long with GG at the helm. Maybe AZ or Rangers?

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
I sometimes have to refresh my memory of how important Myers and Stafford were for us getting into the playoffs in 2015. Stafford replacing a player that would provide us no value for the rest of that season and the upgrade from Bogosian to Myers was substantial for that final stretch run.

Who knows what happens if we didn't make the playoffs in '15. The domino effect might have been substantial on our ownership and GM. I won't go deep into hypotheticals, but man it's weird/fun to think about.

Armia, Lemieux, and Roslovic could be the cheap pieces (especially the latter two) for us to complement our core the next couple years and even become a core piece (Roslovic).

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
That's what the booing was for then.

In general, it doesn't bug me if someone is booed, but during the national anthem... that's uncalled for.

I said to my friend at the game... "we were set up".
That was a pretty stupid thing of the production staff / director/cameraman to do.
They easily could have done a Kane closeup between plays.
Serving up his mug on the big screens during the anthem was a huge trap that nearly guaranteed he would be booed.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Booing Kane is in good fun. The track suits at the game were fun. No one spit, no one threw anything. Lighten the F up. He was a door knob, he knows it, he smiles at the booing. He did it to himself.

If they can boo him in Buffalo at the WJC we can boo him here.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I think booing Kane is great because he's the kind of guy that would actually be bothered on some level by it and he's a petty D-Bag as well.

I mean we love anyone who works hard and appreciates what they have. We had a video tribute to Thorburn ffs. We still cheer Ladd. Winnipeg isn't petty, Kane is special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad