Post-Game Talk: Jets beat the Jerks in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Has anybody ? ever seen 3 empty net goals ? - has to be a bit of luck there. I wonder if this is the first time this has ever happened. The Jets played very good tonight and deserved this win. Would have been a confidence breaker to lose.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
While it's great to win games, we have the same amount of regulation wins this season as Arizona. I sure hope letting games like this get to OT doesn't come back to haunt us later in the season.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Play the 4th line more.

Great win, loving Morrissey.
They look great out there -
Love the 4th line - Gus just keeps getting better and y'all know I've liked Mikey since preseason -
We might finally have some scoring on the 4th - and if you can get your 4th involved, it takes a lot of pressure off your top 6.
Yeah, I know, small sample - but these guys are playing really well and are trending up the last few games.

We played a great game tonight - the last 5 was a lesson if nothing else.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Bench your penalty killers when essentially u go short handed for 5 minutes?
Really hard to fathom this move. Maybe there was no opportunity to change on the fly with the inability to clear the D zone, but that was questionable coaching.
Hopefully Bones and Arniel can have a little introspection when examining the tape on this one.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
1200px-NOR_ANSI_Labelled.svg.png
ris_jasmin.jpg

23-230409_equal-sign-png-pic-equal-sign-jpg-clipart.png

i

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well the snatched victory from edges of an epic collapse.

Don't really know what Bones was thinking shortening his bench to two lines and playing them into the ground. Wheeler is 36 for f***s sake and can't play almost 4 straight minutes to close a game any longer. Also I'm sick of this not using young guys in key situations. Perfetti has been excellent defensively and using him allows you to play three lines to close the game and keep players fresh. Complete mind numbing awful deployment and JoMo bailed him out in OT.

Big save Dave played just fine, got us another win and made the saves he could be expected to make. Can't ask for more from your backup.

Josh Norrissey, just playing as Norris caliber all around beast of a dmen. Pionk had a solid game as well and battled hard.

Second pairing. Thought they battled hard as well and where pretty solid in their end and moved the puck well.

Third pairing. Thought they had a few hiccups as a pairing early but settled down and played well after. Ville is looking much more comfortable this time around, moved the puck well and was much better with his defensive assignments. Samberg with another solid d game but was off and on with his puck movement.

Top line - Line played well but weren't as dominant as they have been. Gagner needs to be upgraded on that line. He's playing hard but can't keep up.

Second line before the coaching bungling had their best game in a long time. Perfetti with another real strong all around effort. Once again could have had a few more points but they will come if he keeps doing the right things. Blake had another gear tonight and it showed in him beating players and going at players with authority. Add in some vintage passing and he played very well. Dubois scored and set up JoMo but I thought he was really all over the place tonight. Some good plays but some mind numbing ones as well. At times I have no idea what he's trying to do with the puck or with some of his passing. Still I'll take the points and move on.

Third line I thought once again had issues checking their top line and got hemmed in our end a lot.

Fourth line with a real nice game. Nice first goal by Mikey and his linemates played very well as well.

The two man advantage was ass, not sure how much longer our coaches can afford to keep plugging that group of players together with minimal results.

None

Feb 22, 2012
So Gustafsson, who may be the best defensive forward and best PKer, gets benched while the hurricanes have an extra man for the last 5 minutes of the game.

Went for the goal instead of protecting the lead. Almost cost the team dearly.

Not even sure they were going for the goal, they weren't forechecking at all. It was 2 in the NZ and 3 sitting back for the last 5 minutes. I think Bowness just trusted his top 6 more to close out the game and ended up overplaying them.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not even sure they were going for the goal, they weren't forechecking at all. It was 2 in the NZ and 3 sitting back for the last 5 minutes. I think Bowness just trusted his top 6 more to close out the game and ended up overplaying them.

It was load up with all the vets to defend, nothing more and nothing left. The same mistake coaches make time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad